    a Google search, but that brought up many results of which I don't know
    which would be the best. I'm after a free program to do the job.

    Regards.

    Jackjlkjlkj532, Apr 17, 2004

  2. Jackjlkjlkj532

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Jackjlkjlkj532" <> wrote in message
    news:c5rvrp$oi9$...
    > Hello all,
    >
    > Can someone recommend the best registry cleaner for Windows XP. I

    performed
    > a Google search, but that brought up many results of which I don't know
    > which would be the best. I'm after a free program to do the job.
    >
    > Regards.

    Before posting a question, you *might* take time to read awhile....this
    question was asked/answered thoroughly in the past few days...

    Toolman Tim, Apr 17, 2004

  3. And whilst you posted that comment, you could have answered me.

    Jackjlkjlkj532, Apr 17, 2004
  4. Jackjlkjlkj532

    Ant Guest

    Hear, hear. Too many people do that.

    Ant, Apr 17, 2004
  5. Jackjlkjlkj532

    geothermal Guest

    Jackjlkjlkj532 wrote:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > Can someone recommend the best registry cleaner for Windows XP. I performed
    > a Google search, but that brought up many results of which I don't know
    > which would be the best. I'm after a free program to do the job.
    >
    > Regards.

    RegSupreme is excellent.
    If it is no longer free then use RegCleaner
    If you really know what you are doing and have patience, you
    might try HDValet.

    geothermal

    "There is no "best" anything anymore."

    geothermal, Apr 17, 2004
  6. Jackjlkjlkj532

    Boomer Guest

    "Jackjlkjlkj532" <> wrote in

    > And whilst you posted that comment, you could have answered me.

    Here's the usenet/Google's archive if you need to look something up.

    http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search

    HTH

    Boomer, Apr 17, 2004
  7. Thank you Geothermal, for your helpful response, I will try those programs
    out. You seem to be the most useful on this newsgroup.

    And as for the others, do you not know that this is a
    "24hoursupport.helpdesk" newsgroup?

    Jackjlkjlkj532, Apr 17, 2004
  8. Jackjlkjlkj532

    > Thank you Geothermal, for your helpful response, I will try those programs
    > out. You seem to be the most useful on this newsgroup.
    >
    > And as for the others, do you not know that this is a
    > "24hoursupport.helpdesk" newsgroup?

    Yep. And its all here for the reading. Of course, if you didn't learn in
    school how to do your own basic research, and still expect people to spoon
    feed you, maybe you aren't grown up enough to be playing with nice toys like
    computers.

    Toolman Tim, Apr 17, 2004
  9. Jackjlkjlkj532

    ICee Guest

    Jackjlkjlkj532 wrote:
    > Thank you Geothermal, for your helpful response, I will try those
    > programs out. You seem to be the most useful on this newsgroup.
    >
    > And as for the others, do you not know that this is a
    > "24hoursupport.helpdesk" newsgroup?

    And do you not know how to use Google?
    Inputing "best firewall" and looking in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, returned
    1,590 articles.

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...btnG=Search&meta=group=24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?O4CD53D08

    ICee, Apr 17, 2004
  10. Jackjlkjlkj532

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "ICee" <> wrote in message
    > Jackjlkjlkj532 wrote:
    > > Thank you Geothermal, for your helpful response, I will try those
    > > programs out. You seem to be the most useful on this newsgroup.
    > >
    > > And as for the others, do you not know that this is a
    > > "24hoursupport.helpdesk" newsgroup?

    > And do you not know how to use Google?
    > Inputing "best firewall" and looking in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, returned
    > 1,590 articles.

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...btnG=Search&meta=group=24hoursupport.helpdesk
    > Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?O4CD53D08

    Not to mention he could have researched firewalls in any of a dozen or more
    firewall related newsgroups...

    Toolman Tim, Apr 17, 2004
  11. Jackjlkjlkj532

    Boomer Guest

    "Jackjlkjlkj532" <> wrote in

    > Thank you Geothermal, for your helpful response, I will try those
    > programs out. You seem to be the most useful on this newsgroup.
    >
    > And as for the others, do you not know that this is a
    > "24hoursupport.helpdesk" newsgroup?

    Then you get to answer the next 500 questions that ask
    'best registry cleaner', 'what is the best firewall'
    'what is the best...'

    Boomer, Apr 17, 2004
  12. Jackjlkjlkj532

    ICee Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > "ICee" <> wrote in message
    >> Jackjlkjlkj532 wrote:
    >>> Thank you Geothermal, for your helpful response, I will try those
    >>> programs out. You seem to be the most useful on this newsgroup.
    >>>
    >>> And as for the others, do you not know that this is a
    >>> "24hoursupport.helpdesk" newsgroup?

    >> And do you not know how to use Google?
    >> Inputing "best firewall" and looking in 24hoursupport.helpdesk,
    >> returned 1,590 articles.

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...btnG=Search&meta=group=24hoursupport.helpdesk
    >> Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?O4CD53D08
    >>

    > Not to mention he could have researched firewalls in any of a dozen
    > or more firewall related newsgroups...

    Yes, indeed. I wonder how many posters just don't know about Google,
    and how many are just too lazy to use it. It's hard to believe anyone
    has not at least heard of Google.

    ICee, Apr 17, 2004
  13. What you talking about a Firewall for? Didn't you "READ" my post!!!

    Jackjlkjlkj532, Apr 17, 2004
  14. Jackjlkjlkj532

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > "Jackjlkjlkj532" <> wrote in
    >
    > > Thank you Geothermal, for your helpful response, I will try those
    > > programs out. You seem to be the most useful on this newsgroup.
    > >
    > > And as for the others, do you not know that this is a
    > > "24hoursupport.helpdesk" newsgroup?

    > Then you get to answer the next 500 questions that ask
    > 'best registry cleaner', 'what is the best firewall'
    > 'what is the best...'

    Bingo, Boomer! My point exactly.

    My many years of work on personal computers (24 in fact) have led me to
    believe two things about asking for help:
    1) Not all FREE advice is good advice
    2) I can learn MORE about my problem by researching it myself than
    asking for a "quickie" fix from someone else

    I sure hope MY free advice never falls into that first category, and I hope
    I never ask for a quickie if I haven't already tried to learn what I need to
    know on my own.

    That doesn't mean I think we should all pack up and go home <g> but that we
    are only one avenue of help. I've seen some extremely complicated issues
    discussed to successful resolution on this newsgroup, and I know that some
    of those problems might never have been resolved through a Google search, or
    even at some local computer shops.

    T.T.

    Toolman Tim, Apr 17, 2004
  15. Jackjlkjlkj532

    ICee Guest

    Jackjlkjlkj532 wrote:
    > What you talking about a Firewall for? Didn't you "READ" my post!!!

    As Boomer mentioned, you answer the next 500 "what is the best of"
    questions and see if you keep them all straight.
    Fine, you want a registry cleaner, only about 1,330 here:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...btnG=Search&meta=group=24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?V25E52D08

    ICee, Apr 17, 2004
  16. Jackjlkjlkj532

    ICee Guest

    Boomer wrote:
    > "Jackjlkjlkj532" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Thank you Geothermal, for your helpful response, I will try those
    >> programs out. You seem to be the most useful on this newsgroup.
    >>
    >> And as for the others, do you not know that this is a
    >> "24hoursupport.helpdesk" newsgroup?

    > Then you get to answer the next 500 questions that ask
    > 'best registry cleaner', 'what is the best firewall'
    > 'what is the best...'

    Hi, Boomer. I'm thinking of changing my nym to that of my hero, Sooty.
    http://www.digitalfog.com/gallery/sooty.htm

    What do you think?

    ICee, Apr 17, 2004
  17. Jackjlkjlkj532

    Boomer Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in

    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> "Jackjlkjlkj532" <> wrote in
    >>
    >> > Thank you Geothermal, for your helpful response, I will try
    >> > those programs out. You seem to be the most useful on this
    >> > newsgroup.
    >> >
    >> > And as for the others, do you not know that this is a
    >> > "24hoursupport.helpdesk" newsgroup?

    >> Then you get to answer the next 500 questions that ask
    >> 'best registry cleaner', 'what is the best firewall'
    >> 'what is the best...'

    > Bingo, Boomer! My point exactly.
    >
    > My many years of work on personal computers (24 in fact) have led
    > me to believe two things about asking for help:
    > 1) Not all FREE advice is good advice
    > 2) I can learn MORE about my problem by researching it myself
    > than
    > asking for a "quickie" fix from someone else
    >
    > I sure hope MY free advice never falls into that first category,
    > and I hope I never ask for a quickie if I haven't already tried to
    > learn what I need to know on my own.
    >
    > That doesn't mean I think we should all pack up and go home <g>
    > but that we are only one avenue of help. I've seen some extremely
    > complicated issues discussed to successful resolution on this
    > newsgroup, and I know that some of those problems might never have
    > been resolved through a Google search, or even at some local
    > computer shops.
    >
    > T.T.

    So very true. I do agree.

    I'll never forget my first (operator error) computer screw up. That
    was before I knew of usenet or even Deja.com. I used the old, old
    search engines to find the information and help I needed. By searching
    and reading I got my problems fixed quicker than if I had posted to a
    news group and waited for a 'someone' to answer.

    You might notice that some people get dependent on '24H' and also
    become too lazy to do a little search themselves. Those are the ones
    that irritate me. I have to search just like they would.

    Most answers can be found via Windows Help file, or a good search
    engine, Googles archives or posting to the correct newsgroup, if
    needed. And much faster, at times. :)

    Boomer, Apr 18, 2004
  18. Jackjlkjlkj532

    Toomer Guest

    "ICee" <> wrote in

    > Boomer wrote:
    >> "Jackjlkjlkj532" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Thank you Geothermal, for your helpful response, I will try
    >>> those programs out. You seem to be the most useful on this
    >>> newsgroup.
    >>>
    >>> And as for the others, do you not know that this is a
    >>> "24hoursupport.helpdesk" newsgroup?

    >> Then you get to answer the next 500 questions that ask
    >> 'best registry cleaner', 'what is the best firewall'
    >> 'what is the best...'

    > Hi, Boomer. I'm thinking of changing my nym to that of my hero,
    > Sooty. http://www.digitalfog.com/gallery/sooty.htm
    >
    > What do you think?

    Fone by me, Sitty. ;)

    What a little *pig* he was! LMAO

    Toomer, Apr 18, 2004
  19. Jackjlkjlkj532

    Sooty Guest

    Toomer wrote:

    >> Hi, Boomer. I'm thinking of changing my nym to that of my hero,
    >> Sooty. http://www.digitalfog.com/gallery/sooty.htm
    >>
    >> What do you think?

    > Fone by me, Sitty. ;)
    >
    > What a little *pig* he was! LMAO

    That's Siity, Tiimer. ;)

    Sooty, Apr 18, 2004
  20. Jackjlkjlkj532

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "ICee" <> wrote in message
    > Jackjlkjlkj532 wrote:
    > > What you talking about a Firewall for? Didn't you "READ" my post!!!

    > As Boomer mentioned, you answer the next 500 "what is the best of"
    > questions and see if you keep them all straight.
    > Fine, you want a registry cleaner, only about 1,330 here:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...btnG=Search&meta=group=24hoursupport.helpdesk
    > Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?V25E52D08

    Like I've mentioned a couple of times, this guy either doesn't know how to
    read, or has SERIOUS comprehension problems <g>

    Toolman Tim, Apr 18, 2004