    My oprions are: iLBC, Speex, GSM, a-law, u-law. There is also a sppex tuning
    facility that I don't really understand where you can change quality, bit
    rate. avergae bit rate, and complexity. Thanks in advance.

    Phil, May 22, 2005

  2. Phil

    Ian Guest

    "Phil" <> wrote in message
    news:42905d22$0$26107$...
    > I am using iaxComm with 18866 VOIP and have everything working fine. What
    > codec should I use for the best quality, I sound like I've got my head in

    > bucket at the moment (lots of echo)
    > My oprions are: iLBC, Speex, GSM, a-law, u-law. There is also a sppex

    tuning
    > facility that I don't really understand where you can change quality, bit
    > rate. avergae bit rate, and complexity. Thanks in advance.

    For quality you need to use G711a or for that matter G711u but this will use
    80K of bandwidth. Other wise use iLBC, As to echo what are you using for a
    handset?

    Ian

    Ian, May 22, 2005

  3. Phil

    Phil Guest

    Thanks for the info. I have cured the echo the iaxComm was set up to use my
    web cam's mic instead of my headset now I have changed the settings it work
    fine.

    Phil, May 23, 2005