Best Quality CamCorder to Use With YouTube.com etc?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Heidy, Jul 11, 2007.

  1. Heidy

    Heidy Guest

    Best Quality CamCorder to Use With YouTube.com etc?

    Hello,

    What is the best video camcorder for using with YouTube.com

    Is it difficult ? obviously you got to Edit the video aswell is there
    user friendly software to go for?

    Plus there is the size of the file I can upload to YouTube.com I have a
    275 kilobit broadband upload speed the maximum time lenght on YouTube is
    10 minutes.

    I have checked out the Consumer Reviews Which Magazine.

    Any suggestions appreciated.

    Regards,

    Heidy

    Heidy, Jul 11, 2007

  2. Heidy

    none Guest

    Heidy wrote:
    > What is the best video camcorder for using with YouTube.com

    Why does it matter. It's all going to be scaled down to something that
    looks like it was produced on a $20 webcam, so might as well use one of
    those.
    none, Jul 11, 2007

  3. Heidy

    XPD Guest

    "none" <> wrote in message
    > Heidy wrote:
    >> What is the best video camcorder for using with YouTube.com

    > Why does it matter. It's all going to be scaled down to something that
    > looks like it was produced on a $20 webcam, so might as well use one of
    > those.

    They dont always heavily compress it........ friend of mine used a digital
    vid camera to film a prank and upped it to YouTube, and it came out great,
    hardly any compression at all.
    XPD, Jul 11, 2007
  4. Heidy

    Heidy Guest

    XPD wrote:
    > "none" <> wrote in message
    >> Heidy wrote:
    >>> What is the best video camcorder for using with YouTube.com

    >> Why does it matter. It's all going to be scaled down to something that
    >> looks like it was produced on a $20 webcam, so might as well use one of
    >> those.

    > They dont always heavily compress it........ friend of mine used a digital
    > vid camera to film a prank and upped it to YouTube, and it came out great,
    > hardly any compression at all.

    Hi there,

    I dont want to be heavily investing into something that produces poor
    results,
    I have a Philips Webcam already, however its no good for zooming and
    filming around the house or garden or outdoors,

    Philips does have excellent low light ability though.

    There is a saying if you buy cheap you buy twice.

    I guess the best thing is too ask the other YouTubers what cam they are
    using Make Model and software too thats not PC videos but OutdoorVideos etc.

    Heidy

    Heidy, Jul 12, 2007
  5. Heidy

    NZed Guest

    Do a search for your local video camera club.
    You will be able to learn a lot and in the process find out more about
    different vid cameras and results.
    Being a member may also qualify you to get a discount from designated
    suppliers.
    NZed

    NZed, Jul 12, 2007
  6. On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 00:42:52 +0100, Heidy wrote:

    > I dont want to be heavily investing into something that produces poor
    > results,
    > I have a Philips Webcam already, however its no good for zooming and
    > filming around the house or garden or outdoors,
    >
    > Philips does have excellent low light ability though.
    >
    > There is a saying if you buy cheap you buy twice.
    >
    > I guess the best thing is too ask the other YouTubers what cam they are
    > using Make Model and software too thats not PC videos but OutdoorVideos etc.

    I have a mid priced really compact samsung dv thing that is fine, although
    the quality could be better, (I mean the quality as watched on the tv,
    before its on youtube) and wish I got one of the mid sized handheld ones
    instead, however for youtube its fine, once its compressed any better
    camcorder wouldnt look any better than my samsung. I am looking at the
    widescreen HD models now, which would probably also produce similar
    results as the samsung when youtubed.

    If the main purpose is for youtubing a bog-standard medium-low priced dv
    handheld is perfectly adequate.
    Kurt Häusler, Jul 12, 2007
  7. Hi there,

    Heidy wrote:
    > Best Quality CamCorder to Use With YouTube.com etc?
    >
    > Hello,
    >
    > What is the best video camcorder for using with YouTube.com
    >
    > Is it difficult ? obviously you got to Edit the video aswell is there
    > user friendly software to go for?
    >
    > Plus there is the size of the file I can upload to YouTube.com I have a
    > 275 kilobit broadband upload speed the maximum time lenght on YouTube is
    > 10 minutes.
    >
    > I have checked out the Consumer Reviews Which Magazine.
    >
    > Any suggestions appreciated.

    A cheap-as DV cam from Cash Convertors would do the trick. I got a
    $150 one from a Cashies here in Brisbane, and although I don't do
    youtube the cam is way more than good enough to create footage for
    that.

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.
    "Maybe politicians should ask the people whether
    or not they wanted all these wars"...
    Chris Wilkinson, Jul 12, 2007
  8. Heidy

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 09:47:29 +1200, none <> wrote:

    >Why does it matter. It's all going to be scaled down to something that
    >looks like it was produced on a $20 webcam, so might as well use one of
    >those.

    My apologies, Heidy / Heidi has apparently morphed and escaped.

    Look her up as both Heidy and Heidi in 24hoursupport.helpdesk. She's
    asked this question about 20 times. Every once in a while, she'll
    cross post to other groups. She'll ask random crap like this in the
    eBay groups. Quite funny actually.
    Evan Platt, Jul 12, 2007
  9. Heidy

    Jason Rumney Guest

    On 11 Jul, 22:47, none <> wrote:
    > Heidy wrote:
    > > What is the best video camcorder for using with YouTube.com

    > Why does it matter. It's all going to be scaled down to something that
    > looks like it was produced on a $20 webcam, so might as well use one of
    > those.

    There's a world of difference between a real video camera and a
    webcam, even at the level of compression Skype uses (which is far more
    than youtube). I'd agree with another poster and say go with the
    cheapest DV camera you can find. Cheaper Analog video cameras will be
    OK quality wise, but there'll be extra hassle and hardware required to
    get the video into your PC.

    As far as software goes, MS Movie Maker or whatever else comes free
    with your OS or camera is OK to start with. By the time you outgrow
    that and the camera, you'll have a better idea about what you need, so
    you can make an informed decision yourself.
    Jason Rumney, Jul 12, 2007
  10. Heidy

    Guest

    On Jul 12, 8:16 am, Kurt Häusler <>
    wrote:
    > On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 00:42:52 +0100, Heidy wrote:
    > > I dont want to be heavily investing into something that produces poor
    > > results,
    > > I have a Philips Webcam already, however its no good for zooming and
    > > filming around the house or garden or outdoors,

    > > Philips does have excellent low light ability though.

    > > There is a saying if you buy cheap you buy twice.

    > > I guess the best thing is too ask the other YouTubers what cam they are
    > > using Make Model and software too thats not PC videos but OutdoorVideos etc.

    > I have a mid priced really compact samsung dv thing that is fine, although
    > the quality could be better, (I mean the quality as watched on the tv,
    > before its on youtube) and wish I got one of the mid sized handheld ones
    > instead, however for youtube its fine, once its compressed any better
    > camcorder wouldnt look any better than my samsung. I am looking at the
    > widescreen HD models now, which would probably also produce similar
    > results as the samsung when youtubed.
    >
    > If the main purpose is for youtubing a bog-standard medium-low priced dv
    > handheld is perfectly adequate.

    Actually Samsung Camcorder was the one I was looking at on Qvc
    shopping channel website thats www.qvcuk.com they have a 30 days money
    back gaurantee too however Samsung did not list at all amongst the
    Best Buys with Which.co.uk the British Consumer Association but point
    taken there is only a certain level of quality you can expect on
    uploading to a channel like YouTube in otherwords investing more would
    be wasted money.

    Heidy
    , Jul 14, 2007
  11. Heidy

    Guest

    On Jul 12, 2:43 pm, Evan Platt <>
    wrote:
    > On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 09:47:29 +1200, none <> wrote:
    > >Why does it matter. It's all going to be scaled down to something that
    > >looks like it was produced on a $20 webcam, so might as well use one of
    > >those.

    > My apologies, Heidy / Heidi has apparently morphed and escaped.
    >
    > Look her up as both Heidy and Heidi in 24hoursupport.helpdesk. She's
    > asked this question about 20 times. Every once in a while, she'll
    > cross post to other groups. She'll ask random crap like this in the
    > eBay groups. Quite funny actually.

    Hmm 20 times exageration I think Evan, no I cross post because they
    are generally better quality newsgroups than else where,plus I have
    limited energy to post the same post individually.
    Evan Platt you are such an unbelievable bundle of Usenet Hate.

    Regards,

    Heidy
    , Jul 14, 2007
  12. Heidy

    Guest

    On Jul 12, 3:02 pm, Jason Rumney <> wrote:
    > On 11 Jul, 22:47, none <> wrote:
    >
    > > Heidy wrote:
    > > > What is the best video camcorder for using with YouTube.com

    > > Why does it matter. It's all going to be scaled down to something that
    > > looks like it was produced on a $20 webcam, so might as well use one of
    > > those.

    > There's a world of difference between a real video camera and a
    > webcam, even at the level of compression Skype uses (which is far more
    > than youtube). I'd agree with another poster and say go with the
    > cheapest DV camera you can find. Cheaper Analog video cameras will be
    > OK quality wise, but there'll be extra hassle and hardware required to
    > get the video into your PC.
    >
    > As far as software goes, MS Movie Maker or whatever else comes free
    > with your OS or camera is OK to start with. By the time you outgrow
    > that and the camera, you'll have a better idea about what you need, so
    > you can make an informed decision yourself.

    Thanks for your help guys much appreciated.

    Regards,

    Heidy
    , Jul 14, 2007