    scan and it found A LOT of adware that my Ad-Aware and Spybot did not
    find. My question is - Even though McAfee Virus Scan takes MUCH longer,
    should I use it instead of those programs everytime?

    Warren Barr, Dec 18, 2003

  2. Warren Barr

    Netuser 58 Guest

    It sounds as if you have not updated Ad-Aware or Spybot S&D.
    These have to be updated the same as any AV program.
    After doing your updates, I would keep all three.
    When you run either Spybot or Ad-aware, disable McAfee. Turn it back
    on when you are done. You should have only one malware scanner working
    at any given time.

    Netusuer 58

    Netuser 58, Dec 18, 2003

  3. Warren Barr

    Warren Barr Guest

    No - Actually I check for updates on both those programs daily. In fact
    I had just run both programs minutes before running McAfee.

    Warren Barr, Dec 18, 2003