    Alex Guest

    Could someone please advise on what they know works very well at
    removing spyware, and detects it before it is even on my system

    Alex, May 19, 2004

  2. Alex

    Boomer Guest

    Alex <> wrote:

    > Could someone please advise on what they know works very well at
    > removing spyware, and detects it before it is even on my system

    Hi

    Ad-aware Aims at Adware/Spyware.
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    SpybotS&D Aims for the dialers, trojans,
    hijackers and security/privacy issues.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Spyware Blaster

    CoolWebShredder

    HijackThis
    http://tomcoyote.com/hjt/

    http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html

    Info on above and more.
    'Spyware Warrior'
    http://www.netrn.net/spywareblog/

    Parasites: Cookies, Dialers, Keyloggers, Trackers
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/bhoindex.htm

    ~ Spyware Information ~
    http://www.cexx.org/adware.htm

    ~Unsolicited commercial software list and info~
    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/

    ~Other software~
    http://www.wilders.org/

    Newsgroups: alt.privacy.spyware
    alt.comp.anti-virus

    Also serach Google and Googles archive for more information.

    Top 10 Tips to Keep Your Computer Virus-Free
    http://www.symantec.com/homecomputing/library/topten.html

    Boomer, May 19, 2004