    fit??? Hope someone can help out here, All the Best.....FRED C
    (BTW),most of 'My Pictures' are downloaded single pictures, (JPEG), and also
    scanned photos that are saved in JPEG format........CHEERS....Fred C

    fredcromer, Jun 18, 2004

  2. fredcromer

    Global_Killa Guest

    "fredcromer" <fred@carpcaughtandnospamplease> wrote in message
    news:40d2fc05$...
    > As a novice to comps, can someone tell me the best MS app to use to

    display
    > a few of my pictures, but when i use say, WORD, it always displays the
    > pictures below each other, I want to place them all side by side, and in
    > rows, to create a BACKGROUND to use as my Desktop background.....Which is
    > the best Program to use to do this, and re-size the pictures so they all
    > fit??? Hope someone can help out here, All the Best.....FRED C
    > (BTW),most of 'My Pictures' are downloaded single pictures, (JPEG), and

    also
    > scanned photos that are saved in JPEG format........CHEERS....Fred C

    If you are creating wallpaper, you can't use Microsoft Word. You need a
    graphics program like Adobe Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro. Might require a
    little learning, but its worth it =)

    If you want the cheap way, try using Paint.

    --
    Global_Killa

    http://punkthenation.tk

    Global_Killa, Jun 18, 2004

  3. fredcromer

    Kenny Guest

    Irfanview is good and it's free. Make sure you get all the plugins as well
    http://www.irfanview.com/

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Jun 18, 2004
  4. fredcromer

    Plato Guest

    fredcromer wrote:

    > As a novice to comps, can someone tell me the best MS app to use to display
    > a few of my pictures, but when i use say, WORD, it always displays the

    I like Irfanview. Free.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jun 18, 2004
  5. fredcromer

    K.Soza Guest

    I've used irfanview but find it hard to fill a page(a4) with different pics
    of different sizes.....Can all the pics be rew-sized to say,...200x200
    pixels, therefore allowing 5 rows of 5 pictures ?? and what are the menu
    commands i should be using please, this will be gratefully
    acknowledged.....Keysa.Soza

    K.Soza, Jun 23, 2004
  6. fredcromer

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Paint Shop Pro 8 is a good prog, but that will set you back a few ££, and
    Adobe Photo Shop.

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Jun 23, 2004
  7. fredcromer

    Stuart Guest

    Lloyd Jones wrote:
    > Paint Shop Pro 8 is a good prog, but that will set you back a few ££, and
    > Adobe Photo Shop.
    >
    > LJ

    PSP 5 has been on computer mag coverdiscs, could be worth taking a look
    at some of the current issues.

    Stuart

    Stuart, Jun 24, 2004