  1. I'm looking to buy blank 4x DVD+R media. Fry's electronics in California has
    them for $.50 each if I buy a spindle of 50. Can I do better? Could I get
    $.25 each or less if I buy 1,000?

    hunkahunkaburninluv, Aug 20, 2004

  2. hunkahunkaburninluv

    Marci Guest

    hunkahunkaburninluv wrote:
    > I'm looking to buy blank 4x DVD+R media. Fry's electronics in California has
    > them for $.50 each if I buy a spindle of 50. Can I do better? Could I get
    > $.25 each or less if I buy 1,000?

    Shop4Tech (http://www.shop4tech.com/) has 50 for $22.50 ($.45 each) with
    free domestic ground shipping. The more you buy, the cheaper they are.
    100 for $35.00, etc.

    We buy all our media there and the service is very fast.

    Marci, Aug 20, 2004

  3. hunkahunkaburninluv

    Pug Fugley Guest

    newegg.com has Ritek spindles (the best by far) of 100 for $43 shipped
    FedEx. You won't do any better than that.

    Pug Fugley, Aug 20, 2004
  4. "Pug Fugley" <> wrote in message
    > newegg.com has Ritek spindles (the best by far) of 100 for $43 shipped
    > FedEx. You won't do any better than that.

    Can I get a better deal if I buy 1,000?

    hunkahunkaburninluv, Aug 20, 2004
  5. hunkahunkaburninluv

    Pug Fugley Guest

    > "Pug Fugley" <> wrote in message
    > > newegg.com has Ritek spindles (the best by far) of 100 for $43 shipped
    > > FedEx. You won't do any better than that.
    > >

    > Can I get a better deal if I buy 1,000?

    Nope, they don't work like that. You can buy as many 100 packs as you want,
    but they are still $43 each.

    Pug Fugley, Aug 20, 2004
  6. hunkahunkaburninluv

    Brent Geery Guest

    On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 00:05:06 -0700, "hunkahunkaburninluv"
    <> wrote:

    > I'm looking to buy blank 4x DVD+R media. Fry's electronics in California has
    > them for $.50 each if I buy a spindle of 50. Can I do better? Could I get
    > $.25 each or less if I buy 1,000?

    25 cents each:
    http://store.yahoo.com/meritline/cheap-dvd-plus-r-030.html
    and
    http://store.yahoo.com/supermediastore/supermedia-4x-dvd-plus-r.html

    Lots of other brands at these places also under 50 cents each. Google
    is your friend.

    --
    BRENT - The Usenet typo king. :)

    Brent Geery, Aug 21, 2004
  7. i think you can find 500 unit lots @ Pricewatch.com

    just try a 25 or 50 pack first, to make sure you like them

    pete

    peter m hanson, Aug 21, 2004
  8. "Brent Geery" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 00:05:06 -0700, "hunkahunkaburninluv"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > I'm looking to buy blank 4x DVD+R media. Fry's electronics in California

    has
    > > them for $.50 each if I buy a spindle of 50. Can I do better? Could I

    get
    > > $.25 each or less if I buy 1,000?

    > 25 cents each:
    > http://store.yahoo.com/meritline/cheap-dvd-plus-r-030.html
    > and
    > http://store.yahoo.com/supermediastore/supermedia-4x-dvd-plus-r.html

    Thanks!

    Have you tried either of them yet?

    hunkahunkaburninluv, Aug 21, 2004
  9. hunkahunkaburninluv

    Brent Geery Guest

    On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 11:55:52 -0700, "hunkahunkaburninluv"
    <> wrote:

    > "Brent Geery" <> wrote:
    >
    > > "hunkahunkaburninluv" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > I'm looking to buy blank 4x DVD+R media. Fry's electronics in California has
    > > > them for $.50 each if I buy a spindle of 50. Can I do better? Could I get
    > > > $.25 each or less if I buy 1,000?

    > > 25 cents each:
    > > http://store.yahoo.com/meritline/cheap-dvd-plus-r-030.html
    > > and
    > > http://store.yahoo.com/supermediastore/supermedia-4x-dvd-plus-r.html

    > Thanks!
    >
    > Have you tried either of them yet?

    The brand of disc, or the stores? I've ordered from Meritline once,
    without issue, but others have had some problems with them (wrong item
    sent, no support).

    I don't use DVD+R discs, so I can't comment on the quality. I've had
    good luck with the cheap -R discs, but I also have a very good burner
    (IMO more important than media quality) and I burn at 1x or 2x max.

    --
    BRENT - The Usenet typo king. :)

    Brent Geery, Aug 23, 2004