Best practice for routing to 2 different gateways

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Pascal, Mar 20, 2007.

  1. Pascal

    Pascal Guest

    Hello,

    I am planning a future network.

    We will have
    network1 10.0.0.0/24
    network2 10.2.0.0/24
    network1 and network2 are hooked up via a wan link both end connected to
    a Cisco 2431

    However network1 needs to access the internet as well through a firewall
    doing NAT.

    If I need to route the traffic correctly; what is the best procedure ?

    - Have all machines in network1 use the firewall as the default gw and
    setup a route on the firewall to reroute traffic to 10.2.0.0/24 to the
    Cisco2431
    - Create a static persistent route on all my devices in network1 that
    would basically state : all traffic for 10.2.0.0/24 network goes through
    IP address of Cisco2431 ?

    Thank you
    Pascal, Mar 20, 2007