Best portable, durable, secure external hard drive

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by jesp714@gmail.com, Dec 8, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I'm a journalist and producer, and am about to head to Afghanistan for
    a brief stint.
    Part of my work will entail some radio production, and I usually store
    and work off of the audio files
    that I save on an external hard drive. (I use a Lacie for audio
    editing and a G-Raid for video editing at
    my home-office.) Anyway, I'm looking for a solid, durable drive
    (again, I'm traveling in Afghanistan),
    that's very portable, is plug and play/bus-powered, works well w/
    digital audio editing (I use
    ProTools for this), and has some kind of security protect, if possible.
    I work on lots of sensitive
    material, and encrypt data w/ PGP, but want to be especially mindful of
    protecting an exposed
    external drive. I know this is a tall order, but I'd be grateful for
    whatever ideas you could offer.
    Thanks very much for all of your help.

    Take care,

    , Dec 8, 2006