    What would be the best small camera to stop motion. Shoot an action with
    several shots in succession to get a good movement shot?

    Thanks

    Rock, Feb 28, 2008

  2. Rock

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    "Rock" <> wrote in message
    news:47c602d7$0$7238$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > What would be the best small camera to stop motion. Shoot an action with
    > several shots in succession to get a good movement shot?
    >
    > Thanks

    Without going to a DSLR, I don't think you'll find anything much better than
    the Canon Powershot S5 IS which we discussed in a previous thread.

    If you're looking through the optical viewfinder and have the LCD turned
    off, you can get close to two shots per second.

    Good Luck,
    Dudley

    Dudley Hanks, Feb 28, 2008

  3. Rock wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > What would be the best small camera to stop motion. Shoot an action
    > with several shots in succession to get a good movement shot?
    >
    > Thanks

    If you check back here, I think there's a camera doing several hundred
    frames per second. Samsung? I can't recall if it was in production or
    just in development.

    Almost all small-sensor cameras offer 15 fps or 30 fps video of varying
    qualities.

    Some Nikon models will also take a special action-sequence image. For
    example, the Nikon 8400 offers two additional continuous modes: multi-shot
    which is 16 consecutive images 816 s 612 pixels at about 1.6 frames per
    second, and ultra-high-speed which is up to 100 pictures at 30 fps in 640
    x 480 resolution. This is like a much higher-quality movie mode.

    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikoncp8400/

    I don't know if the more recent Nikon compact cameras also offer these
    modes.

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Feb 28, 2008