    G. Morgan Guest

    What is the best (preferably free) index for making NZB's? I heard Newsbin is
    good, but I need an invite.
    G. Morgan, Nov 25, 2009

  2. G. Morgan

    thanatoid Guest

    G. Morgan <> wrote in
    news::

    > What is the best (preferably free) index for making NZB's?
    > I heard Newsbin is good, but I need an invite.

    binsearch.info

    gives you the files and often nzb files as well - and/but it
    will MAKE you an .nzb file from the files you check.

    Also there is a NG called a.b.nzb IIRC.

    --
    There are only two classifications of disk drives: Broken drives
    and those that will break later.
    thanatoid, Nov 25, 2009

  3. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 02:21:21 -0600, G. Morgan <> wrote:

    >What is the best (preferably free) index for making NZB's? I heard Newsbin is
    >good, but I need an invite.

    Thanks guys.. I'll be trying them now and let y'all know how I made out.
    G. Morgan, Nov 26, 2009
  4. G. Morgan

    thanatoid Guest

    thanatoid <> wrote in

    > G. Morgan <> wrote in
    >
    >> What is the best (preferably free) index for making NZB's?
    >> I heard Newsbin is good, but I need an invite.

    > binsearch.info
    >
    > gives you the files and often nzb files as well - and/but it
    > will MAKE you an .nzb file from the files you check.
    >
    > Also there is a NG called a.b.nzb IIRC.

    You're FUCKING WELCOME.

    Some people...

    thanatoid, Nov 27, 2009
  5. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 05:16:46 +0000 (UTC), thanatoid <>
    wrote:

    >You're FUCKING WELCOME.
    >
    >Some people...

    Did you miss my "Thanks Guys" reply?
  6. G. Morgan

    thanatoid Guest

    G. Morgan <> wrote in

    > On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 05:16:46 +0000 (UTC), thanatoid
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>You're FUCKING WELCOME.
    >>
    >>Some people...

    > Did you miss my "Thanks Guys" reply?

    Somehow I did, so I apologize.

    I see that I missed it because you posted it as a follow up to
    YOUR OWN post, so it was not highlighted as a reply to me/other
    respondents (although I only see my reply - I MAY have the
    others KF'd...).

    Always follow the flow of the thread - reply to the last post to
    avoid this in the future - it can also create many much more
    important problems, such as missing crucial info.

    Sometimes, of course, you /may/ want to make a direct reply to a
    single post, in which case you reply to THAT, and other members
    of the thread can ignore that post since it is not in the "main
    tree" of the thread.

    Anyway... Cheers. Appreciate your reply.

    thanatoid, Nov 27, 2009
  7. G. Morgan

    Mike Easter Guest

    thanatoid wrote:
    > G. Morgan
    >>thanatoid

    >>> You're FUCKING WELCOME.
    >>>
    >>> Some people...

    >> Did you miss my "Thanks Guys" reply?

    > Somehow I did, so I apologize.

    I would hope so - you shouldn't have been so irate even if there hadn't
    been a generic TY.

    > I see that I missed it because you posted it as a follow up to
    > YOUR OWN post, so it was not highlighted as a reply to me/other
    > respondents (although I only see my reply - I MAY have the
    > others KF'd...).

    That still doesn't explain why you are so cranky as to go into a minor
    hissy fit because someone didn't say 'thank you' to each and every
    contributor to their question or alternatively in an 'optimal' generic
    configuration.

    What is up with that?

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Nov 27, 2009
  8. G. Morgan

    thanatoid Guest

    "Mike Easter" <> wrote in

    > thanatoid wrote:
    >> G. Morgan
    >>>thanatoid

    >>> Did you miss my "Thanks Guys" reply?

    >> Somehow I did, so I apologize.

    > I would hope so - you shouldn't have been so irate even if
    > there hadn't been a generic TY.
    >
    >> I see that I missed it because you posted it as a follow
    >> up to YOUR OWN post, so it was not highlighted as a reply
    >> to me/other respondents (although I only see my reply - I
    >> MAY have the others KF'd...).

    > That still doesn't explain why you are so cranky as to go
    > into a minor hissy fit because someone didn't say 'thank
    > you' to each and every contributor to their question or
    > alternatively in an 'optimal' generic configuration.
    >
    > What is up with that?

    C'mon Mike... you've read my posts long enough to know that I am
    not entirely "balanced", in fact I have often been called
    "crazy", "not normal" and recently one woman told me I reminded
    her of Hannibal Lecter (THAT /was/ a new one!)... And sometimes
    one has a really bad day and just can't help oneself...

    Trust me, I wish I were dead much more than anyone who I have -
    intentionally or not - insulted and/or abused on the net. And
    when /I/ get advice, I always thank people for it.

    Frankly, I am surprised you haven't added a few netiquette hints
    for the poster - it is really not my fault I missed the generic
    thank you, it SHOULD have been posted in the manner I described
    (I think - in fact, I thought you were going to correct me on a
    technicality).

    Cheers.

    thanatoid, Nov 27, 2009
  9. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 11:25:25 -0800, "Mike Easter" <> wrote:

    >That still doesn't explain why you are so cranky as to go into a minor
    >hissy fit because someone didn't say 'thank you' to each and every
    >contributor to their question or alternatively in an 'optimal' generic
    >configuration.
    >
    >What is up with that?

    I couldn't believe it. I thought he must have been joking, but no.. looks
    like he really was pissed he didn't get a personal "thank you"!
    G. Morgan, Nov 28, 2009
  10. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 19:18:15 +0000 (UTC), thanatoid <>
    wrote:

    >Somehow I did, so I apologize.
    >
    >I see that I missed it because you posted it as a follow up to
    >YOUR OWN post, so it was not highlighted as a reply to me/other
    >respondents (although I only see my reply - I MAY have the
    >others KF'd...).
    >
    >Always follow the flow of the thread - reply to the last post to
    >avoid this in the future - it can also create many much more
    >important problems, such as missing crucial info.
    >
    >Sometimes, of course, you /may/ want to make a direct reply to a
    >single post, in which case you reply to THAT, and other members
    >of the thread can ignore that post since it is not in the "main
    >tree" of the thread.
    >
    >Anyway... Cheers. Appreciate your reply.

    Blow me.
    G. Morgan, Nov 28, 2009
  11. G. Morgan

    thanatoid Guest

    G. Morgan <> wrote in

    > On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 11:25:25 -0800, "Mike Easter"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>That still doesn't explain why you are so cranky as to go
    >>into a minor hissy fit because someone didn't say 'thank
    >>you' to each and every contributor to their question or
    >>alternatively in an 'optimal' generic configuration.
    >>
    >>What is up with that?

    > I couldn't believe it. I thought he must have been joking,
    > but no.. looks like he really was pissed he didn't get a
    > personal "thank you"!

    Yes he fucking was, and if you had answered hundreds of
    questions over the years and gotten MAYBE ten thank-yous you
    would eventually get pissed too!

    What do you people think, this group is your personal ass-
    wipe/butler?

    I do something for you, you thank me. Simple, isn't it?

    Your parents should have brought you up better.

    Go ahead, KF me. Or better yet, come over and fucking kill me in
    person. I'll write you a disclaimer so you don't get prosecuted.

    thanatoid, Nov 28, 2009
  12. G. Morgan

    thanatoid Guest

    G. Morgan <> wrote in

    > On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 19:18:15 +0000 (UTC), thanatoid
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Somehow I did, so I apologize.

    <SNIP>

    > Blow me.

    Watch it, asshole. I'm in a bad mood.

    thanatoid, Nov 28, 2009
  13. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 06:13:17 +0000 (UTC), thanatoid <>
    wrote:

    >Yes he fucking was, and if you had answered hundreds of
    >questions over the years and gotten MAYBE ten thank-yous you
    >would eventually get pissed too!

    I have answered 100's of questions, and I usually DON'T expect a "thank you".
    It's always nice, but more times than not you won't see any reply. I always
    try to return to a thread (that I started) and thank the respondents, and give
    details about my results. In this case I have not tried everything suggested
    yet, so I gave a general "thanks"... until I get a chance to try everything.

    I had just gotten all the headers for the .nzb groups and was coming back here
    to reply to YOU, when I saw your selfish demand for recognition.

    >What do you people think, this group is your personal ass-
    >wipe/butler?

    Yeah, that's what I think. I've been hanging around here for about 8 years,
    my solution to question ratio is probably 20:1. (And that does not include
    correcting Chucktard).

    >I do something for you, you thank me. Simple, isn't it?

    This isn't a chat room, and it takes time to check something like that out. Be
    more fucking patient.

    >Your parents should have brought you up better.

    Depression gets worse around the holidays, I know.

    >Go ahead, KF me. Or better yet, come over and fucking kill me in
    >person. I'll write you a disclaimer so you don't get prosecuted.

    I don't want to kill you or KF you. Relax man. I know a guy who has terminal
    cancer and is living every day like his last. You've been whining about
    wanting to "off" yourself for years now. You should be thankful for what you
    "do" have. Try to get out of yourself, go help someone (without expecting
    something in return), and you will feel better.
    G. Morgan, Nov 28, 2009
  14. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 06:14:17 +0000 (UTC), thanatoid <>
    wrote:

    >Watch it, asshole. I'm in a bad mood.

    So a blowjob is out of the question?
    G. Morgan, Nov 28, 2009
  15. G. Morgan

    thanatoid Guest

    G. Morgan <> wrote in

    > On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 06:13:17 +0000 (UTC), thanatoid
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Yes he fucking was, and if you had answered hundreds of
    >>questions over the years and gotten MAYBE ten thank-yous
    >>you would eventually get pissed too!

    > I have answered 100's of questions, and I usually DON'T
    > expect a "thank you". It's always nice, but more times than
    > not you won't see any reply. I always try to return to a
    > thread (that I started) and thank the respondents, and give
    > details about my results. In this case I have not tried
    > everything suggested yet, so I gave a general "thanks"...
    > until I get a chance to try everything.
    > I had just gotten all the headers for the .nzb groups and
    > was coming back here to reply to YOU, when I saw your
    > selfish demand for recognition.

    Don't judge everyone by YOUR modes of behavior.

    >>What do you people think, this group is your personal ass-
    >>wipe/butler?

    > Yeah, that's what I think. I've been hanging around here
    > for about 8 years, my solution to question ratio is
    > probably 20:1. (And that does not include correcting
    > Chucktard).

    How original. Shitting on Chuckcar. Bravo.

    And if you have been here as long as you have then you should
    know how to properly deal with threads!

    >>I do something for you, you thank me. Simple, isn't it?

    > This isn't a chat room, and it takes time to check
    > something like that out. Be more fucking patient.

    Yes, typing (or COPYING) binsearch.info DOES take a lot of time.
    But I guess less time than it would have taken you to find out
    about it yourself - it is, after all, a virtually unknown site
    used by maybe ten people and NEVER mentioned in any binary
    discussions and for some bizarre reason, also ignored by Google.
    Jeezus.

    >>Your parents should have brought you up better.

    > Depression gets worse around the holidays, I know.

    Another expert. Your Nobel is just around the corner.

    >>Go ahead, KF me. Or better yet, come over and fucking kill
    >>me in person. I'll write you a disclaimer so you don't get
    >>prosecuted.

    > I don't want to kill you or KF you. Relax man. I know a
    > guy who has terminal cancer and is living every day like
    > his last. You've been whining about wanting to "off"
    > yourself for years now. You should be thankful for what
    > you "do" have. Try to get out of yourself, go help someone
    > (without expecting something in return), and you will feel
    > better.

    You should get a job with Hallmark. In the meantime, shut up
    about things you have no clue about. IOW, shut up.

    k, 0.

    thanatoid, Nov 29, 2009
  16. G. Morgan

    thanatoid Guest

    G. Morgan <> wrote in

    > On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 06:14:17 +0000 (UTC), thanatoid
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Watch it, asshole. I'm in a bad mood.

    > So a blowjob is out of the question?

    Yes, I'm afraid you'll just have to keep on imagining what
    having sex with another human being (of any sex) is like.

    thanatoid, Nov 29, 2009
  17. G. Morgan

    thanatoid Guest

    Andy <no@invalid> wrote in
    se.westnet.com.au:

    > G. Morgan wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 19:18:15 +0000 (UTC), thanatoid
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Somehow I did, so I apologize.

    <SNIP>

    >>>Anyway... Cheers. Appreciate your reply.

    >> Blow me.

    > ROFL. Thank *you*, for making me laugh.

    Seeing your standard of "laughably funny", /HOW/ do you find
    time to do ANYTHING when you are laughing ALL the time?

    And don't the unfortunate peoploids who sometimes have to be
    around you find it annoying?

    k, 0

    thanatoid, Nov 29, 2009
  18. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 00:41:50 +0000 (UTC), thanatoid <>
    wrote:

    >Don't judge

    <snippety>

    Blow me.