    What otger accesories might be useful? Any recommedations for vendors?

    Thanks,

    Mike
    Mike, Jan 8, 2005

  2. Mike

    stewy Guest

    wrote:

    > My son has a Sony Cyber Shot DSC W1 camera and I'd like to buy a LCD
    > protector screen and a carrying case if it didn't come with one.
    > What otger accesories might be useful? Any recommedations for vendors?

    It depends on how much money you want to waste.

    IMHO Most Sony accessories are overpriced and pretty damn useless. I'd
    suggest going to a camera shop and looking at the generic bags. I'm sure
    you'll find one to fit the W1 at a third of the price of the Sony, which may
    be just a slightly padded drawstring bag.

    Industrial grade cling film (SARAN wrap) is an ideal screen protector - 3 or
    4 layers of the film rolled flat with a rolling pin and cut to size will do
    the job nicely.
    stewy, Jan 9, 2005

  3. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Yes, agree Sony accesories are way overpriced.

    Mike

    Mike, Jan 9, 2005