    -- I just bought from B&H. Is that still the best place to get my D70
    bundle?

    Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

    ac, May 28, 2004

  2. ac

    Whisper Guest

    I searched the web.. and ended up buying locally.. everyone was about the
    same price..

    Kass

    Whisper, May 28, 2004

  3. ac

    Guest

    ac <> wrote:
    : So, I'm getting back into SLR photography after hanging around in the
    : digital point-and-shoot category for years. I was in the SLR film
    : world before that.

    : I've settled on getting a Nikon D70 -- probably with the 18-70 lens.
    : But I'm not sure where to buy it from. It used to be so easy with SLRs
    : -- I just bought from B&H. Is that still the best place to get my D70
    : bundle?

    : Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

    I bought mine 2 weeks ago at Best Buy and it also came with 2yr interest
    free financing too.

    , May 28, 2004
  4. <> wrote in message news:...
    > ac <> wrote:

    > I bought mine 2 weeks ago at Best Buy and it also came with 2yr interest
    > free financing too.

    If you have to finance a camera for two years, you can't afford it and don't
    need it. Exercise a little self-restraint/maturity and buy something within
    your means. Otherwise learn to go without-- or get a higher paying job.

    Dan'l.

    Daniel Dravot, May 28, 2004
  5. ac

    Paul Howland Guest

    Daniel Dravot wrote:

    > <> wrote in message news:...
    >
    >>ac <> wrote:

    >>I bought mine 2 weeks ago at Best Buy and it also came with 2yr interest
    >>free financing too.

    > If you have to finance a camera for two years, you can't afford it and don't
    > need it. Exercise a little self-restraint/maturity and buy something within
    > your means. Otherwise learn to go without-- or get a higher paying job.
    >
    > Dan'l.

    A little judgemental and harsh I feel. Not quite sure what the point of

    Paul Howland, May 28, 2004
  6. In article <kUMtc.28935$>,
    says...
    > > I bought mine 2 weeks ago at Best Buy and it also came with 2yr interest
    > > free financing too.

    > If you have to finance a camera for two years, you can't afford it and don't
    > need it. Exercise a little self-restraint/maturity and buy something within
    > your means. Otherwise learn to go without-- or get a higher paying job.
    >
    > Dan'l.

    Oh shush. This isn't alt.finance.nag.nag.nag. If he wanted to finance
    the camera and he pays for it at the end of two years without any
    interest, a stick in your eye!

    Brian C. Baird, May 28, 2004
  7. ac

    Tom Scales Guest

    That's ridiculous. I have enough in my checking account to by 10 D70s, but
    if Best Buy will loan me their money for 2 years with no interest, I'll take
    it.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, May 28, 2004
  8. ac

    Chuck Guest

    >> If you have to finance a camera for two years, you can't afford it and
    don't
    > need it. Exercise a little self-restraint/maturity and buy something

    within
    > your means. Otherwise learn to go without-- or get a higher paying job.

    What a moron ... You refuse 2 years without interest ???

    lol

    Chuck, May 29, 2004
  9. ac

    Bill Turner Guest

    On Fri, 28 May 2004 20:01:20 GMT, "Daniel Dravot"
    <> wrote:

    >If you have to finance a camera for two years, you can't afford it and don't
    >need it. Exercise a little self-restraint/maturity and buy something within
    >your means. Otherwise learn to go without-- or get a higher paying job.
    >
    >Dan'l.

    ^^^^^^

    With all that cash you have on hand from showing self-restraint and
    being mature, surely you can now buy a couple of vowels.

    --
    BT

    Bill Turner, May 29, 2004
  10. In article <>,
    says...
    > >Dan'l.

    > ^^^^^^
    >
    > With all that cash you have on hand from showing self-restraint and
    > being mature, surely you can now buy a couple of vowels.

    It's classier to solve the puzzle without them. It impresses Vanna.

    Brian C. Baird, May 29, 2004
  11. ac

    {STP} Guest

    In article <>,
    "Tom Scales" <> wrote:

    > That's ridiculous. I have enough in my checking account to by 10 D70s, but
    > if Best Buy will loan me their money for 2 years with no interest, I'll take
    > it.

    What do you make on your money these days? A couple of percentage points
    a year. You're looking at about $15 over two years, probably. That's
    hardly worth the hassle of making monthly payments...at least not to me.

    Of course, I'm not a high roller like you and right now I could probably
    only write a check for six D70s with what's in my (about 1% interest
    bearing) checking account.

    {STP}

    {STP}, May 29, 2004
  12. Bought our D70 from Ritz Ccamera. Put it on a card for
    protection, insurance, computer record for proof.

    Paid the card off a week later.

    LT

    Linda Terrell, May 30, 2004
  13. ac

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: (ac)

    >I've settled on getting a Nikon D70 -- probably with the 18-70 lens.
    >But I'm not sure where to buy it from.

    Have you tried Toys 'R Us?

    Annika1980, Jun 4, 2004
  14. In article <>,
    (Annika1980) wrote:

    > >From: (ac)

    > >I've settled on getting a Nikon D70 -- probably with the 18-70 lens.
    > >But I'm not sure where to buy it from.

    > Have you tried Toys 'R Us?

    Where ever you buy is OK as long as it earns you money
    as in my case.
    --
    Would you like to know the precise date of your own death?
    What if anything is too serious to be joked about?

    Silvio Manuel, Jun 4, 2004
  15. ac

    HRosita Guest

    The best place for photo equipment is BHphotovideo.com
    It might not be the cheapest but it is the best
    Rosita

    HRosita, Jun 4, 2004
  16. I had a great experience with www.etronics.com in NYC...Very good service. I
    purchased my D100 from them.

    David Raimist, Jun 5, 2004
  17. ac

    BandHPhoto Guest

    <The best place for photo equipment is BHphotovideo.com
    It might not be the cheapest but it is the best>

    Thank you.
    - --

    regards,
    Henry Posner/B&H Photo-Video