Best Place Of Training for MCSE

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Dave Marden, Apr 9, 2006.

  1. Dave Marden

    Dave Marden Guest

    I currently am an electrician at GM, and I am wondering about getting my
    MCSE cert. What I am wondering is what the best training is for becoming
    certified. I have the Microsoft Press books, some keystone training
    materials for MCSE 2000, and also a little of the CBT Nugget Training
    material for 2003. Are these the best route? Is there better training out
    there?

    I have also heard of TestOut material, is this any good? Should I just
    start by going to some community college, or online college? If so, any
    advice would be appreciated.

    I have a unique opportunity as well for myself right now, I could quit
    working at GM, get $70,000 and use this money in the inerim to pay my bills
    and pay my way through this training. One thing I am curious about is
    whether there are repectable employers willing to take on untrained
    individuals, and let them work for them while obtaining the certifications.
    Depending on the business I may be willing to work for very cheap for a
    while in order to also get the certifications required to do my job.

    Just curious in Michigan,
    Dave

    Dave Marden, Apr 9, 2006

  2. Dave Marden

    TBone Guest

    And on the eigth day "Dave Marden" <> did cause the

    > I currently am an electrician at GM, and I am wondering about getting
    > my MCSE cert. What I am wondering is what the best training is for
    > becoming certified.

    It depends on your learning style. Instead of paying for expensive
    classroom training, I say the best training is to set up a test lab, get
    some books and practice hands-on.

    However no matter what certs you have without experience, the best you can
    expect is an entry level position. I don't know what the job market is like
    there, but personally I would think you'd have better chances (both career
    and salary-wise) of finding other work as an electrician.

    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    TBone, Apr 10, 2006