    1. Advertising

  2. GregS

    Bowser Guest

    Bowser, Jun 16, 2009

  3. GregS

    GregS Guest

    In article <>, daniel_demmes <> wrote:
    >On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 13:54:00 GMT, (GregS) wrote:
    >
    >>http://zekfrivolous.com/penguins/CrosbyCupcrop.JPG
    >>
    >>greg

    >And just what makes this utterly boring and meaningless composition the
    >"Best Picture of the Month"?
    >
    >What? Do you think the whole world cares about some testosterone-guided
    >fool that ran, hit, jumped, skated, or raced a little further than all the
    >other dumb-jocks in his peer group? What a boon to the world it will be
    >when humans finally evolve enough to devote all the time, money, and effort
    >spent on idiotic "sports" to something that's actually productive,
    >beneficial, and useful to the human species.

    You could always plant a tree,.
    Plant some grass.

    And how about computer gaming. How much time is lost there.

    About the picture. My niece took it on a Sony DSC-H50 I believe.
    He could have very well been looking at her, but it was at X15 and
    I cropped it a bit. She seems to get attention. She
    also got my bro and sis in the AP press about the gathering with
    375,000 people.

    greg

    GregS, Jun 16, 2009
  4. GregS

    GregS Guest

    In article <h18tp4$kkl$>, (GregS) wrote:
    >In article <>, daniel_demmes
    > <> wrote:
    >>On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 13:54:00 GMT, (GregS) wrote:
    >>
    >>>http://zekfrivolous.com/penguins/CrosbyCupcrop.JPG
    >>>
    >>>greg

    >>And just what makes this utterly boring and meaningless composition the
    >>"Best Picture of the Month"?
    >>
    >>What? Do you think the whole world cares about some testosterone-guided
    >>fool that ran, hit, jumped, skated, or raced a little further than all the
    >>other dumb-jocks in his peer group? What a boon to the world it will be
    >>when humans finally evolve enough to devote all the time, money, and effort
    >>spent on idiotic "sports" to something that's actually productive,
    >>beneficial, and useful to the human species.

    >You could always plant a tree,.
    >Plant some grass.
    >
    >And how about computer gaming. How much time is lost there.
    >
    >About the picture. My niece took it on a Sony DSC-H50 I believe.
    >He could have very well been looking at her, but it was at X15 and
    >I cropped it a bit. She seems to get attention. She
    >also got my bro and sis in the AP press about the gathering with
    >375,000 people.

    Pretty good for a city with a population of 312,000

    GregS, Jun 16, 2009
  5. GregS

    BF Guest

    BF, Jun 17, 2009
  6. (GregS) wrote:
    >http://zekfrivolous.com/penguins/CrosbyCupcrop.JPG

    No flighless birds in the picture, uninteresting standard composition,
    noisy and distracting background (what are all those cameras? Was the
    idea to document harrassment by paparazi?), poor lighting (guys face is
    in the shadow, should have used some fill flash), what are those sun
    glasses for (was the idea to document distance to the public or
    intimidation?), microphones are distracting and serve no purpose I can
    see, ...

    I do like the black and white composition with some beige, very nicely
    complemented by the silver and black of the cup.
    But the flower shirt on the left side is a horrible distraction from
    this theme and the colour bands on the microphones don't help either.

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Jun 17, 2009
  7. GregS

    Roy G Guest

    "GregS" <> wrote in message
    > http://zekfrivolous.com/penguins/CrosbyCupcrop.JPG
    >
    > greg

    1) If that is the best picture you have seen this month, you must have been
    going around with your eyes shut.

    2) If that is the best picture you have taken this month, don't worry, we
    are only half way through the month.

    Roy G
    Roy G, Jun 17, 2009
  8. GregS

    GregS Guest

    In article <>, Jürgen Exner <> wrote:
    > (GregS) wrote:
    >>http://zekfrivolous.com/penguins/CrosbyCupcrop.JPG

    >No flighless birds in the picture, uninteresting standard composition,
    >noisy and distracting background (what are all those cameras? Was the
    >idea to document harrassment by paparazi?), poor lighting (guys face is
    >in the shadow, should have used some fill flash), what are those sun
    >glasses for (was the idea to document distance to the public or
    >intimidation?), microphones are distracting and serve no purpose I can
    >see, ...
    >
    >I do like the black and white composition with some beige, very nicely
    >complemented by the silver and black of the cup.
    >But the flower shirt on the left side is a horrible distraction from
    >this theme and the colour bands on the microphones don't help either.

    I would say all the things you don't like, compliment the picture event.
    Photojournalism. Aside from making a picture, make it tell a story.
    Be realistic.

    greg
    GregS, Jun 17, 2009
  9. GregS

    GregS Guest

    In article <h1aqoo$34g$>, (GregS) wrote:
    >In article <>, Jürgen Exner
    > <> wrote:
    >> (GregS) wrote:
    >>>http://zekfrivolous.com/penguins/CrosbyCupcrop.JPG

    >>No flighless birds in the picture, uninteresting standard composition,
    >>noisy and distracting background (what are all those cameras? Was the
    >>idea to document harrassment by paparazi?), poor lighting (guys face is
    >>in the shadow, should have used some fill flash), what are those sun
    >>glasses for (was the idea to document distance to the public or
    >>intimidation?), microphones are distracting and serve no purpose I can
    >>see, ...
    >>
    >>I do like the black and white composition with some beige, very nicely
    >>complemented by the silver and black of the cup.
    >>But the flower shirt on the left side is a horrible distraction from
    >>this theme and the colour bands on the microphones don't help either.

    You really need to start here. Create 100 words or less.

    http://zekfrivolous.com/penguins/CrosbyCupsmallwide.JPG

    GregS, Jun 17, 2009
  10. GregS

    GregS Guest

    In article <C65E7174.2D02D%>, George Kerby <> wrote:

    >On 6/16/09 6:07 PM, in article h198k6$83d$, "BF"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> GregS wrote:
    >>> http://zekfrivolous.com/penguins/CrosbyCupcrop.JPG
    >>>
    >>> greg

    >> I got my picture taken with the cup. To me that is the best picture of
    >> the month.

    >Cup? What 'cup'?!? Isn't that the new Canon 10,000mm FD "L" that they're
    >holding?!?

    I was trying to identify it myself.
    GregS, Jun 17, 2009
  11. GregS

    GregS Guest

    In article <h1b6ol$5rf$>, (GregS) wrote:
    >In article <C65E7174.2D02D%>, George Kerby
    > <> wrote:
    >>

    >>On 6/16/09 6:07 PM, in article h198k6$83d$, "BF"
    >><> wrote:

    >>> I got my picture taken with the cup. To me that is the best picture of
    >>> the month.

    >>Cup? What 'cup'?!? Isn't that the new Canon 10,000mm FD "L" that they're
    >>holding?!?
    >>

    >I was trying to identify it myself.

    For the now famous, priest in the window trick, watch from the same camera
    of the stills..................clearer than on You Tube..........................
    http://zekfrivolous.com/penguins/MOV00775.MPG

    66MB.

    I was not there.
    GregS, Jun 17, 2009
  12. GregS

    BF Guest

    BF wrote:
    > GregS wrote:
    >> http://zekfrivolous.com/penguins/CrosbyCupcrop.JPG
    >>
    >> greg

    > I got my picture taken with the cup. To me that is the best picture of
    > the month.

    I don't know if you people are responding to my post but I didn't take
    that picture of Crosby. My best picture of the month is of me with my
    hand on the cup.
    BF, Jun 18, 2009