Best photo software for printing?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Fred, Oct 7, 2004.

  1. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Hi,

    I have:
    - printer: HP DeskJet 970Cxi
    - camera: Cannon PowerShot S45
    - photo organizer: Thumbs+

    I use Adobe Photo Deluxe for printing photos. I find it very easy to use for
    printing multiple photos on a single page.
    My only problem with it, it prints slightly dark. I tried different setting
    and paper, but have not solved the problem.

    Any good packages out there for printing with my configuration? I don't
    really need a fancy photo organization package.

    Thanks,

    Fred
    (to send email, get the lead out)

    Fred, Oct 7, 2004

  2. Fred

    Frank ess Guest

    Fred wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have:
    > - printer: HP DeskJet 970Cxi
    > - camera: Cannon PowerShot S45
    > - photo organizer: Thumbs+
    >
    > I use Adobe Photo Deluxe for printing photos. I find it very easy to
    > use for printing multiple photos on a single page.
    > My only problem with it, it prints slightly dark. I tried different
    > setting and paper, but have not solved the problem.
    >
    > Any good packages out there for printing with my configuration? I
    > don't really need a fancy photo organization package.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Fred
    > (to send email, get the lead out)

    Until this morning I used Paint Shop Pro 6 (six), with the happy result
    that what came out of the Epson 750 matched very closely what I had sent
    to PSP6 from working in Photo Shop 7 and 8. Except: it was just a tiny
    bit light.

    Today I used Paint Shop Pro 8 (eight; someone gave me a copy) and to my
    delight it not only processed faster (Windows 98SE), but gave absolute
    dead-on color and brightness as compared to the Photo Shop output.

    So, there you are. If you need a photo processing program that will
    print perfect through an Epson 750, Paint Shop Pro 8 (ocho). Should be
    pretty cheap, what with 9 (nine) out there.

    --
    Frank ess

    Frank ess, Oct 7, 2004

  3. Fred

    Linda_N Guest

    "Fred" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have:
    > - printer: HP DeskJet 970Cxi
    > - camera: Cannon PowerShot S45
    > - photo organizer: Thumbs+
    >
    > I use Adobe Photo Deluxe for printing photos. I find it very easy to use
    > for printing multiple photos on a single page.
    > My only problem with it, it prints slightly dark. I tried different
    > setting and paper, but have not solved the problem.
    >
    > Any good packages out there for printing with my configuration? I don't
    > really need a fancy photo organization package.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Fred
    > (to send email, get the lead out)

    Fred since you are happy with Photo Deluxe (gasp! Just because newer
    programs like Paint Shop Pro 9 have excellent photo correction tools ranging
    from 1 click correction to full manual for full user control, not to mention
    a wealth of handy features like Print Layout.) stick with it, however, what
    you need to do is calibrate your printer so that what you see on the screen
    is exactly (well close to) what will print. There is an excellent freeware
    utility to help you called WiziWYG from praxisoft. http://www.praxisoft.com
    (make sure to look for the free edition for home usage, and read the usage
    agreement because if memory serves it is only free under certain
    conditions).

    Anyway it is easy to figure out once you start it. Choose the monitor,
    calibrate your monitor and then do your printer. Should work.

    With Photo Deluxe you may have also been granted access to Adobe's gamma.exe
    that calibrates your monitor, but it is not all that in my opinion.

    Linda

    Linda_N, Oct 7, 2004
  4. Fred

    Ryadia Guest

    Fred wrote:

    > Any good packages out there for printing with my configuration? I don't
    > really need a fancy photo organization package.
    >
    > Thanks,

    The only printing package I know of which automatically makes good to
    excellent prints is Q image. There is a demo you can try for free.

    Ryadia

    Ryadia, Oct 7, 2004
  5. Fred

    SBC News Guest