    using the print function, need basic tools like choosing BW/color, printing
    size (i.e. fit-to-page), and resolution...

    Thanks!
    edgy, Aug 21, 2006

  2. edgy

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-08-21, edgy <> wrote:
    > What is the best pdf freeware in your opinion?

    snip

    Kpdf

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Aug 21, 2006

  3. edgy

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 22:18:15 +0100, Whiskers
    <> wrote:

    >Kpdf

    More music, less talk.
    Evan Platt, Aug 21, 2006
  4. edgy

    Rich Wilson Guest

    "edgy" <> wrote in message
    > What is the best pdf freeware in your opinion? CutePDF? Basically I'm
    > just
    > using the print function, need basic tools like choosing BW/color,
    > printing size (i.e. fit-to-page), and resolution...

    Cute's pretty good if you can get it to work properly.
    Rich Wilson, Aug 22, 2006
  5. edgy

    Bob_R Guest

    "edgy" <> wrote in message
    > What is the best pdf freeware in your opinion? CutePDF? Basically I'm
    > just
    > using the print function, need basic tools like choosing BW/color,
    > printing size (i.e. fit-to-page), and resolution...

    I'm happy with PDFCreator
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/
    Bob
    Bob_R, Aug 22, 2006
  6. edgy

    Ron Martell Guest

    "edgy" <> wrote:

    >What is the best pdf freeware in your opinion? CutePDF? Basically I'm just
    >using the print function, need basic tools like choosing BW/color, printing
    >size (i.e. fit-to-page), and resolution...

    I use PrimoPDF from http://www.primopdf.com

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2006)
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    has never been in bed with a mosquito."
    Ron Martell, Aug 22, 2006
  7. edgy

    penguin676 Guest

    edgy wrote:
    >What is the best pdf freeware in your opinion? CutePDF? Basically I'm just
    >using the print function, need basic tools like choosing BW/color, printing
    >size (i.e. fit-to-page), and resolution...
    >

    >Thanks!

    Greetings;

    You might also check out FoxIt Reader.
    http://www.foxitsoftware.com

    Penguin must run. Have cookie will travel.
    -Chris
    penguin676, Aug 22, 2006
  8. edgy

    sittingduck Guest

    edgy wrote:

    > What is the best pdf freeware in your opinion? CutePDF? Basically I'm
    > just using the print function, need basic tools like choosing BW/color,
    > printing size (i.e. fit-to-page), and resolution...

    Foxit reader. No install, very light, very fast.
    http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php
    sittingduck, Aug 22, 2006
  9. edgy

    Vanguard Guest

    "Bob_R" wrote in message news:%WuGg.4074$zS2.1622@trndny01...
    > "edgy" wrote ...
    >> What is the best pdf freeware in your opinion? CutePDF? Basically
    >> I'm just
    >> using the print function, need basic tools like choosing BW/color,
    >> printing size (i.e. fit-to-page), and resolution...

    > I'm happy with PDFCreator
    > http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

    I second that recommendation. I've used both CutePDF and PDFCreator
    and preferred PDFCreator; however, it's been many months since I
    trialed both to compare them to remember why I preferred one over the
    other.
    Vanguard, Aug 23, 2006
  10. edgy

    edgy Guest

    "sittingduck" <> wrote in message
    > edgy wrote:
    >
    >> What is the best pdf freeware in your opinion? CutePDF? Basically I'm
    >> just using the print function, need basic tools like choosing BW/color,
    >> printing size (i.e. fit-to-page), and resolution...

    > Foxit reader. No install, very light, very fast.
    > http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

    Thanks for all the answers! After looking at the products, think I'll go
    with PrimoPDF for printing and foxit for reading!
    edgy, Aug 24, 2006
  11. edgy

    Rich Wilson Guest

    > edgy wrote:
    >
    >> What is the best pdf freeware in your opinion? CutePDF? Basically I'm
    >> just using the print function, need basic tools like choosing BW/color,
    >> printing size (i.e. fit-to-page), and resolution...

    > Foxit reader. No install, very light, very fast.
    > http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

    Can you run it without crashing your computer every bloody time you try to
    shut down?... (unlike some software I could mention).
    Rich Wilson, Aug 24, 2006
  12. edgy

    sittingduck Guest

    Rich Wilson wrote:

    > Can you run it without crashing your computer every bloody time you try to
    > shut down?... (unlike some software I could mention).

    Yep, never had any trouble with it.
    sittingduck, Aug 24, 2006