    downloadable that do a good job ?
    Thanks,
    Raz

    The Webbers Hilltop Cycle ATV, Dec 25, 2007

  2. The Webbers Hilltop Cycle ATV

    olfart Guest

    "The Webbers Hilltop Cycle ATV" <> wrote in message
    > Is there any good parental controls that do not require a yearly due or
    > are downloadable that do a good job ?
    > Thanks,
    > Raz

    a good slap on the ass is free and usually does the job. But if you are too
    lazy to teach your kids right from wrong then you are screwed. There is no
    software made that a kid can't learn to get around if he wants to.

    olfart, Dec 25, 2007

  3. The best parent control is early training. Well, the best parent control is
    to turn the damn thing off, the second best is early training.

    Good luck ...

    Jeff Strickland, Dec 25, 2007
  4. The Webbers Hilltop Cycle ATV

    sandy58 Guest

    On Dec 25, 12:10 pm, "The Webbers Hilltop Cycle ATV"
    <> wrote:
    > Is there any good parental controls that do not require a yearly due or are
    > downloadable that do a good job ?
    > Thanks,
    > Raz

    Password, timer, key logger (Now you are a SPY if you resort to a key
    logger!) Net Nanny.
    Perfect Keylogger 1.68.2
    http://www.4filehosting.com/file/75898/PerfectKeylogger-1-68-2-rar.html
    Punch in the anti-leech code & d'load full version after 30/60 second
    wait.
    Good luck, Parental Spy :)
    Happy Hogmany from Scotland. :)

    sandy58, Dec 26, 2007
  5. The Webbers Hilltop Cycle ATV

    olfart Guest

    "sandy58" <> wrote in message
    > On Dec 25, 12:10 pm, "The Webbers Hilltop Cycle ATV"
    > <> wrote:
    >> Is there any good parental controls that do not require a yearly due or
    >> are
    >> downloadable that do a good job ?
    >> Thanks,
    >> Raz

    > Password, timer, key logger (Now you are a SPY if you resort to a key
    > logger!) Net Nanny.
    > Perfect Keylogger 1.68.2
    > http://www.4filehosting.com/file/75898/PerfectKeylogger-1-68-2-rar.html
    > Punch in the anti-leech code & d'load full version after 30/60 second
    > wait.
    > Good luck, Parental Spy :)
    > Happy Hogmany from Scotland. :)

    Problem is...a keylogger only tells you what the kid has done "after" he has
    already done it. Might be too late if he has already given his contact info
    to a predetor.
    Don't try to use computer software to raise your kid. Get off your butt and
    take some parental responsibility

    olfart, Dec 26, 2007
  6. The Webbers Hilltop Cycle ATV

    Paul Guest

    The Webbers Hilltop Cycle ATV wrote:
    > Is there any good parental controls that do not require a yearly due or are
    > downloadable that do a good job ?
    > Thanks,
    > Raz

    Looking at some of the freeware out there, a subscription service
    by comparison, takes care of all the details. You don't want to
    become an amateur IT admin, because your kids will beat you at
    computer skills every time. For example, if the product installs
    in Windows, on the one PC you own, all the kids have to do,
    is plug in a bootable Linux CD, to defeat your best efforts.
    Some Linux distros don't even need to install on the hard
    drive to work, so they leave no fingerprints when used.
    Then the kids can surf without supervision. All that is
    needed, is a bootable CD drive.

    It is possible to build more secure systems (i.e. almost kid-proof),
    but the resulting box might end up being relatively useless. We
    used to have things like diskless workstations, and X-terminals,
    where the terminal was a basic viewing device. It is pretty hard
    to hack something, with no hardware interfaces on it, except an
    Ethernet connection that goes to a network filtering device. But
    if your kid won't use it, and visits any public library to use
    the computers there instead, then anything is possible.

    Paul

    Paul, Dec 26, 2007
  7. The Webbers Hilltop Cycle ATV

    Baron Guest

    olfart wrote:

    > Don't try to use computer software to raise your kid. Get off your
    > butt and take some parental responsibility

    As a parent I must agree with "olfart" Teach your kids respect from the
    word go !

    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.

    Baron, Dec 26, 2007
  8. The Webbers Hilltop Cycle ATV

    sandy58 Guest

    On Dec 26, 8:36 pm, Baron <>
    wrote:
    > olfart wrote:
    > > Don't try to use computer software to raise your kid. Get off your
    > > butt and take some parental responsibility

    > As a parent I must agree with "olfart" Teach your kids respect from the
    > word go !
    >
    > --
    > Best Regards:
    > Baron.

    The guy (Raz) asked for software advice. Not some homespun child-
    rearing philosophy. He needs that, he goes to a trick-cyclist. Right?
    The name of the NG is alt.computer....NOT alt.child.control.

    sandy58, Dec 27, 2007
  9. The Webbers Hilltop Cycle ATV

    olfart Guest

    "sandy58" <> wrote in message
    > On Dec 26, 8:36 pm, Baron <>
    > wrote:
    >> olfart wrote:
    >> > Don't try to use computer software to raise your kid. Get off your
    >> > butt and take some parental responsibility

    >> As a parent I must agree with "olfart" Teach your kids respect from the
    >> word go !
    >>
    >> --
    >> Best Regards:
    >> Baron.

    > The guy (Raz) asked for software advice. Not some homespun child-
    > rearing philosophy. He needs that, he goes to a trick-cyclist. Right?
    > The name of the NG is alt.computer....NOT alt.child.control.

    Excuuuussse Me.
    Read the title of the thread.
    "Do you know where your kids are tonite"??

    olfart, Dec 27, 2007
  10. The Webbers Hilltop Cycle ATV

    naza Guest

    You might want to try openDNS, no need to install any software,(unless
    you have a dynamic IP), Just keep One pc on with the IP address
    updater so that you IP is always upto date with the service. Basically
    it is a DNS server, you can set it up to block adult sites and somehow
    blocks all proxies and the ones it does not block, it does somethink
    which makes it not work. So that would keep control over the internet
    in terms of Adult sites like gambling & porn. You also get the option
    of adding an extra 50 blocked sites. It also resolves IP's quicker,
    some makes you internet quicker. I have been using it for a while and
    it been fine. One issue is that It does not filter out google
    searches, but will block the results of them. Its a free service.
    Check it out, http://www.opendns.co.uk.

    naza, Dec 27, 2007