    Is this the first test I should take?

    What's usually the best order to take them?

    Thanks
    leegold, Nov 20, 2005

  2. leegold

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Nov 20, 2005 at 12:43pm "leegold" blathered:

    > (Exam 70-270): Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows
    > XP Professional

    Thanks for sharing.

    > Is this the first test I should take?

    Probably.

    > What's usually the best order to take them?

    I would start with the first one and then work my way toward the last.

    > Thanks

    Welcome.

    --
    TGP MCNGP #100100
    http://www.mcngp.com
    TechGeekPro, Nov 20, 2005

  3. I'd recommend you to test your knowledge before taking any given exam.
    In my case, I went to Client exam, then Server, then Networking and then
    Designs.

    Hope it helps.

    =?Utf-8?B?Zm1zbWNzZQ==?=, Nov 20, 2005
  4. leegold

    Ben Smith Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > (Exam 70-270): Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows
    > XP Professional
    >
    > Is this the first test I should take?
    >
    > What's usually the best order to take them?
    >
    > Thanks

    Take the exams that you feel most comfortable with the technology first.
    This will help you gain confidence (hopefully) and get used to the way
    exams work.
    Ben Smith, Nov 20, 2005
  5. Ben Smith <> wrote in

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> (Exam 70-270): Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft
    >> Windows XP Professional
    >>
    >> Is this the first test I should take?
    >>
    >> What's usually the best order to take them?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>

    > Take the exams that you feel most comfortable with the technology
    > first. This will help you gain confidence (hopefully) and get used to
    > the way exams work.

    Hi,

    I'm an MCSE instructor. I always recommend my students take the client
    exam first, then server. I also don't recommend you go near either until
    you have a good grasp of IP addressing and basic IP configuration/routing
    on a LAN. You'll get low-level questions in this area on both tests. The
    problem with the MCSE track is neither are really taught until the
    Implementing a Network exam.

    I recommend taking the rest in order, 70-291, 70-294, 70-294. I also
    recommend that you take whichever Design exam you are planning on taking
    LAST! The Design exams are the hardest, and they also tend to build on
    mos tof the knowledge you've hopefully gained in the first 6 exams.

    Goo Luck!

    Robert Coulter
    Net+, MCP+I, MCSE-NT, MCSE-2K, MCSE-2K3
    Robert Coulter, Nov 21, 2005
  6. leegold

    leegold Guest

    "Robert Coulter" <> wrote in message
    > Ben Smith <> wrote in
    >
    > > In article <>,
    > > says...
    > >> (Exam 70-270): Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft
    > >> Windows XP Professional
    > >>
    > >> Is this the first test I should take?

    Thanks for the help!

    leegold, Nov 21, 2005
  7. Robert -
    If you are actively teaching, you should consider applying for your MCT
    and/or your CTT! It would be a great cert to add to your alphabet soup!

    --
    Bob Christian II
    MVP - LCS

    Bob Christian, Nov 21, 2005
  8. leegold

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Thanks for the help!

    don't forget to tie your shoe laces before you leave for work this
    morning....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Nov 21, 2005
  9. Alphabetical works best.

    --
    Famous last words "I wonder what this does..."

    Bill McPherson, Nov 21, 2005
  10. This is probably a good recommendation. I went through numerical order and
    had to spend some extra time going back to look at old networking notes.
    Good news is that I did pass my last exam for MCSE recently, yeah for me!

    Bill McPherson, Nov 21, 2005
  11. leegold

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Bob Christian" <> say in

    > Robert -
    > If you are actively teaching, you should consider applying for your MCT
    > and/or your CTT! It would be a great cert to add to your alphabet soup!

    SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! (or everyone will want one)

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - I've seen condom vending machines, but this one installs.
    Neil, Nov 21, 2005