    Can someone recommend a good package for Windows?

    Thanks.

    , Aug 15, 2006

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I want to switch to a free, encrypted VoIP program.
    >
    > I currently use Skype, but after I learned that Skype is owned by
    > Ebay, whom I am not so wild about, I want to switch to
    > something that is open source.
    >
    > This is for PC-to-PC calls only.
    >
    > Can someone recommend a good package for Windows?

    Amiciphone (www.amicima.com ) works well, its security appears to be well
    designed (for example, it uses ephemeral Diffie-Hellman key negotiation to
    achieve forward secrecy) and its developers promise to
    release the full source code once it'll reach a stable stage.

    Enzo

    Enzo Michelangeli, Aug 15, 2006

  3. murray Guest

    Asterisk. it's free and all it needs is a cheap PC and internet. PC
    to PC is free or you can get cheap and reliable incoming or outgoing
    telephone service from www.telesip.com (cheaper than skype, too). the
    easiest version of asterisk is definately www.trixbox.org.

    enjoy

    murray, Aug 16, 2006