    or two tell me I,m still infected!
    My Internet connection is very slow at times, and some sites are giving me
    the 404!
    Bored Of The Rings, Jan 17, 2005

  2. Bored Of The Rings

    Old Gringo Guest

    http://tinyurl.com/56gty

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life
    Old Gringo, Jan 17, 2005

  3. Bored Of The Rings

    Ron Martell Guest

    "Bored Of The Rings" <> wrote:

    >Can anyone point me to a decent online scanner?
    >Since being plagued by spyware and malware, Adaware now tells me I'm free of
    >most of it, but I,ve been to a few online scanners to double check, and one
    >or two tell me I,m still infected!
    >My Internet connection is very slow at times, and some sites are giving me
    >the 404!

    Try http://aumha.org/a/noads.htm

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron Martell, Jan 18, 2005
  4. Bored Of The Rings wrote:
    > Can anyone point me to a decent online scanner?
    > Since being plagued by spyware and malware, Adaware now tells me I'm free of
    > most of it, but I,ve been to a few online scanners to double check, and one
    > or two tell me I,m still infected!
    > My Internet connection is very slow at times, and some sites are giving me
    > the 404!

    Try downloading the anti-spyware s/w from Microsoft and run it on your PC

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en

    Cheers
    Pratik Jhaveri, Jan 18, 2005
  5. Bored Of The Rings

    Ron Martell Guest

    Pratik Jhaveri <> wrote:

    >Bored Of The Rings wrote:
    >> Can anyone point me to a decent online scanner?
    >> Since being plagued by spyware and malware, Adaware now tells me I'm free of
    >> most of it, but I,ve been to a few online scanners to double check, and one
    >> or two tell me I,m still infected!
    >> My Internet connection is very slow at times, and some sites are giving me
    >> the 404!
    >>

    >Try downloading the anti-spyware s/w from Microsoft and run it on your PC
    >
    >http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en
    >
    >Cheers

    Remember that the Microsoft anti-spyware is a Beta product and Beta
    means "too full of bugs to be released".

    While it has worked well for many people, including myself, there are
    reliable reports of some serious problems especially "false positives"
    and also some major bloating of the report files in a couple of
    instances.

    Ron Martell, Jan 19, 2005