    (so it would help if it was available as a PS plugin).
    --

    Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon, Jun 23, 2007

  2. In article <>,
    Alfred Molon <> wrote:

    > Which of these noise reduction filters delivers the best results:
    >
    > Neatimage
    > Helicon
    > Noiseware
    > Noise Ninja
    > Anything else?
    >
    > I would be using it on images of the Olympus 8080 and Sony R1, after RAW
    > conversion
    > (so it would help if it was available as a PS plugin).

    I use Noiseware as a plug-in for Elements so it should work with regular
    PS.

    Does a great job.

    carrying a cross."
    Sinclair Lewis

    Ockham's Razor, Jun 23, 2007

  3. Alfred Molon

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Alfred Molon wrote:

    > Which of these noise reduction filters delivers the best results:
    >
    > Neatimage
    > Helicon
    > Noiseware
    > Noise Ninja
    > Anything else?

    I've only used Noise Ninja, and it's great. I've never considered
    looking for anything else.

    Jim Townsend, Jun 24, 2007
  4. Alfred Molon

    Rod Guest

    Alfred Molon wrote:
    > Which of these noise reduction filters delivers the best results:
    >
    > Neatimage
    > Helicon
    > Noiseware
    > Noise Ninja
    > Anything else?
    >
    > I would be using it on images of the Olympus 8080 and Sony R1, after RAW conversion
    > (so it would help if it was available as a PS plugin).

    Ive used both Noise Ninja and Noiseware plugins
    for Photoshop and Noiseware seems to do a slightly
    better job. Both are very good as long as you
    don't get carried away.

    Rod, Jun 24, 2007
  5. Alfred Molon

    PixelPix Guest

    On Jun 24, 8:30 am, Alfred Molon <> wrote:
    > Which of these noise reduction filters delivers the best results:
    >
    > Neatimage
    > Helicon
    > Noiseware
    > Noise Ninja
    > Anything else?
    >
    > I would be using it on images of the Olympus 8080 and Sony R1, after RAW conversion
    > (so it would help if it was available as a PS plugin).
    > --
    >
    > Alfred Molon

    Noiseware for me. It does a great job and seems a whole lot easier
    than the others I have tried. (NI and NN being two of them)

    Cheers

    Russell
    My Photography Help Blog: http://blog.pixelpix.com.au

    PixelPix, Jun 24, 2007
  6. Alfred Molon wrote:
    > Which of these noise reduction filters delivers the best results:
    >
    > Neatimage
    > Helicon
    > Noiseware
    > Noise Ninja
    > Anything else?

    Paint Shop Pro 10 (and likely PSP-9 and PSP-11) includes a rather good
    noise reduction function, and it's free for owners of that software, of
    course. Always found it quite good enough, for me.

    David

    David J Taylor, Jun 24, 2007
  7. Alfred Molon

    Al Dykes Guest

    In article <aNqfi.10816$>,
    David J Taylor <-this-bit.nor-this-part.co.uk> wrote:
    >Alfred Molon wrote:
    >> Which of these noise reduction filters delivers the best results:
    >>
    >> Neatimage
    >> Helicon
    >> Noiseware
    >> Noise Ninja
    >> Anything else?

    >Paint Shop Pro 10 (and likely PSP-9 and PSP-11) includes a rather good
    >noise reduction function, and it's free for owners of that software, of
    >course. Always found it quite good enough, for me.
    >
    >David

    I just got a promo for AKVIS "Noise Buster".

    http://akvis.com/en/noise-buster/examples-reduce-noise.php>

    --
    a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

    Al Dykes, Jun 24, 2007
  8. Alfred Molon

    Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    Alfred Molon <> wrote:

    > Which of these noise reduction filters delivers the best results:
    >
    > Neatimage
    > Helicon
    > Noiseware
    > Noise Ninja
    > Anything else?
    >
    > I would be using it on images of the Olympus 8080 and Sony R1, after RAW
    > conversion
    > (so it would help if it was available as a PS plugin).

    Dolby

    Stewy, Jun 24, 2007
  9. Alfred Molon

    jpc Guest

    On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 00:30:59 +0200, Alfred Molon
    <> wrote:

    >Which of these noise reduction filters delivers the best results:
    >
    >Neatimage
    >Helicon
    >Noiseware
    >Noise Ninja
    >Anything else?
    >
    >I would be using it on images of the Olympus 8080 and Sony R1, after RAW conversion
    >(so it would help if it was available as a PS plugin).

    For a raw converter take a look at UFRAW, the GIMP converter.. It's
    plain vanilla bilinear interpolation--not the other three
    interpolation routines it supports-- has been giving me cleaner 800
    ISO images than PS2. I think PS2 uses one of the fancier interpolation
    routines. That may work well with low noise images but messes up when
    it tries to improve things on higher noise images.

    For noise reduction I use the stand alone version of Noise Ninja. I
    especially like to use its noise brush to restore details in areas
    such as hair where some extra noise isn't that noticeable.

    jpc

    jpc, Jun 24, 2007
  10. Alfred Molon

    John Turco Guest

    Stewy wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > Alfred Molon <> wrote:
    >
    > > Which of these noise reduction filters delivers the best results:
    > >
    > > Neatimage
    > > Helicon
    > > Noiseware
    > > Noise Ninja
    > > Anything else?
    > >
    > > I would be using it on images of the Olympus 8080 and Sony R1, after RAW
    > > conversion
    > > (so it would help if it was available as a PS plugin).

    > Dolby

    Hello, Stewy:

    What one...B, C, or S? <g>

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Jun 26, 2007
  11. John Turco wrote:
    > Stewy wrote:
    >> In article <>,
    >> Alfred Molon <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Which of these noise reduction filters delivers the best results:
    >>>
    >>> Neatimage
    >>> Helicon
    >>> Noiseware
    >>> Noise Ninja
    >>> Anything else?
    >>>
    >>> I would be using it on images of the Olympus 8080 and Sony R1, after RAW
    >>> conversion
    >>> (so it would help if it was available as a PS plugin).

    >> Dolby

    > Hello, Stewy:
    >
    > What one...B, C, or S? <g>
    >

    > Cordially,
    > John Turco <>

    T. As in take 2 wet beach towels and and toss them over your speakers.
    ($1 to a long lost guitar wizard friend.)

    http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

    Unclaimed Mysteries, Jun 26, 2007
  12. On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 22:53:30 -0500, John Turco <>
    wrote:

    >Stewy wrote:
    >>
    >> In article <>,
    >> Alfred Molon <> wrote:
    >>
    >> > Which of these noise reduction filters delivers the best results:
    >> >
    >> > Neatimage
    >> > Helicon
    >> > Noiseware
    >> > Noise Ninja
    >> > Anything else?

    Picture Cooler, best value for sure and arguably as good as anything.
    $15

    Oliver Costich, Jun 26, 2007
  13. Alfred Molon

    George Kerby Guest

    On 6/25/07 11:38 PM, in article
    3L0gi.1073$, "Unclaimed Mysteries"
    <> wrote:

    > John Turco wrote:
    >> Stewy wrote:

    >>> Dolby

    >> Hello, Stewy:
    >>
    >> What one...B, C, or S? <g>
    >>

    >> Cordially,
    >> John Turco <>

    > T. As in take 2 wet beach towels and and toss them over your speakers.

    Now THERE'S a great analogy! I used to string for CNN. They'd Dolby when
    recording the audio and Dolby the friggin' playback as well. Sounded like
    muffled barking dogs.

    George Kerby, Jun 26, 2007
  14. Alfred Molon

    Rod Guest

    > Now THERE'S a great analogy! I used to string for CNN. They'd Dolby when
    > recording the audio and Dolby the friggin' playback as well. Sounded like
    > muffled barking dogs.

    I don't understand. If you encode using Dolby
    while recording don't you have to decode during
    playback? Also, what does string for CNN mean?

    Rod, Jun 27, 2007