    Dave Marden Guest

    What site do you guys think has the best newgroups?

    Dave Marden
    Dave Marden, Jan 25, 2004

  2. Dave Marden

    Darth 2000 Guest

    news://msnews.microsoft.com
    Hee hee hee

    --
    ---------------
    Darth 2000 - MCNGP # 28
    Says: Ask an obvious question, get and obvious answer.

    Darth 2000, Jan 25, 2004

  3. Dave Marden

    Consultant Guest

    i dunno, what's your favorite color?

    Consultant, Jan 26, 2004
  4. Dave Marden

    Dave Marden Guest

    This site is a joke, you people always want to give stupid answers, you
    guys call yourselves professionals. Your a bunch of idiots. I swear, I go
    through the postings on here and it seems like half of them are a bunch of
    crap.

    Thanks for nothig,
    Dave Marden

    Dave Marden, Jan 26, 2004
  5. Dave Marden

    Dave Marden Guest

    By the way, I was asking for opinions, cause then I would obviously find
    out the names of some other sites. I would check out the sites and decide
    for myself which sites I want to use.

    Once again,
    Thanks for Nothing,

    Dave Marden, Jan 26, 2004
  6. Dave Marden

    Brat Guest

    so all the help you got over the past few weeks of people explaining things
    to you in minute detail was for nothing? Hear that Larry? Geez lighten
    up... Darth gave you the answer and all of us saying the same thing over and
    over and over would be stupid... the thread was answered as best as we
    can... as for asking fav color? best ng? Honey, its all a matter of
    preference... I could say blahblah.blah.blah is the best ng server but the
    next person could hate it... think about that

    --
    Sue Thugette #69

    Brat, Jan 26, 2004
  7. Dave Marden

    |{evin Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 10:34:28 -0500, "Dave Marden"
    <> wrote:

    > This site is a joke,

    Um... this isn't a 'site'.. it's called usenet. Look it up.

    > you people always want to give stupid answers, you

    Only to stupid questions..

    >guys call yourselves professionals.

    Yup. But then again.. we know the difference between a web site and
    usenet.

    > Your a bunch of idiots.

    ...and you're a lousy speller.

    > I swear,

    I do, too.. probably too fucking much.

    > I go

    Please, do.

    >through the postings on here and it seems like half of them are a bunch of
    >crap.

    Really? We hadn't noticed... of course your post about 'the best
    newsgroup site CERTAINLY wouldn't fall into THAT category'

    > Thanks for nothig,
    > Dave Marden

    Thanks for the morning chuckle.
    |{evin, Jan 26, 2004
  8. Dave Marden

    Consultant Guest

    i too was asking for opinions. i'm glad you corrected your spelling.

    Consultant, Jan 26, 2004
  9. Dave Marden

    Dave Marden Guest

    I understand that, but would like names of some other newsgroups that
    are known as good sites, maybe a few names. I can decide for myself if they
    are good. I search for "newgroups microsoft", and get tons. I thought
    maybe you pro's would know of a few good ones. I do appreciate the help
    I've recieved so far, but in looking through postings, it seems that it is
    often that people are posting crap. I apologize if you guys don't like my
    question. Please just a few newgroup names would be nice.

    Thanks,
    Dave Marden

    Dave Marden, Jan 26, 2004
  10. Dave Marden

    Dave Marden Guest

    My favorite color is Red, I like Red on Black especially well.

    Dave Marden, Jan 26, 2004
  11. Dave Marden

    Brat Guest

    fine... I'll be nice today... msnews.microsoft.com... you are looking for
    the SERVER's right? not individual newsgroups? The only servers I have
    ever used was my local ISP's (crap) and the msnews one... no comparison
    there...

    WHY are you looking for another ng server? is your local isp one crap like
    most seem to be?

    And it isnt that we don't like the question, I just didn't prefer the
    response when a few on here have worked hard to answer your questions... it
    is them that you insulted... anyway... onward not backwards :)

    --
    Sue Thugette #69

    Brat, Jan 26, 2004
  12. ----- Dave Marden wrote: ----

    By the way, I was asking for opinions, cause then I would obviously fin
    out the names of some other sites. I would check out the sites and decid
    for myself which sites I want to use

    Once again
    Thanks for Nothing
    Dave Marde

    "Consultant" <> wrote in messag
    > i dunno, what's your favorite color
    >> "Dave Marden" <> wrote in messag

    >> What site do you guys think has the best newgroups

    In hopes of maybe calming things down, if you look at your orignal post
    it doens't quite ask the same question that you have just asked. It asks fo
    the site with the best newsgroups. However you then explained that you ar
    looking for other newsgroups beyond this one. If that had been the origina
    post you probably would have gotten a less flippant answer. All of us her
    do honestly want to help. Its jsut sometimes it is better to provide a fe
    details so that we can help you better.
    =?Utf-8?B?TG5rV2l6YXJk?=, Jan 26, 2004
  13. Dave Marden

    Dave Marden Guest

    To be honest, I was reading a posting on here and in it, it mentioned
    that someone in here possibly you, had a very good newgroup site that they
    were running. I actually kind of thought I'd wind up getting the name of
    that newsgroup.

    I do apologize, it just seemed like a pretty simple question.

    The only reason I have for looking for another newsgroup, is that then I
    could thumb through more questions and answers, seems to me that the more
    real world questions and answers i run across the better.

    All is appreciated,
    Dave Marden

    "Brat" <> wrote in message
    > fine... I'll be nice today... msnews.microsoft.com... you are looking for
    > the SERVER's right? not individual newsgroups? The only servers I have
    > ever used was my local ISP's (crap) and the msnews one... no comparison
    > there...
    >
    > WHY are you looking for another ng server? is your local isp one crap

    like
    > most seem to be?
    >
    > And it isnt that we don't like the question, I just didn't prefer the
    > response when a few on here have worked hard to answer your questions...

    it
    > is them that you insulted... anyway... onward not backwards :)
    >
    > --
    > Sue Thugette #69
    >
    > "Dave Marden" <> wrote in message
    > > I understand that, but would like names of some other newsgroups

    that
    > > are known as good sites, maybe a few names. I can decide for myself if

    > they
    > > are good. I search for "newgroups microsoft", and get tons. I thought
    > > maybe you pro's would know of a few good ones. I do appreciate the help
    > > I've recieved so far, but in looking through postings, it seems that it

    is
    > > often that people are posting crap. I apologize if you guys don't like

    my
    > > question. Please just a few newgroup names would be nice.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Dave Marden
    > >

    > > "Brat" <> wrote in message
    > > > so all the help you got over the past few weeks of people explaining

    > > things
    > > > to you in minute detail was for nothing? Hear that Larry? Geez

    lighten
    > > > up... Darth gave you the answer and all of us saying the same thing

    over
    > > and
    > > > over and over would be stupid... the thread was answered as best as we
    > > > can... as for asking fav color? best ng? Honey, its all a matter of
    > > > preference... I could say blahblah.blah.blah is the best ng server but

    > the
    > > > next person could hate it... think about that
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Sue Thugette #69
    > > >
    > > > "Dave Marden" <> wrote in message

    > answers,
    > > > you

    swear,
    > > > go

    > bunch
    > > of

    message

    Dave Marden, Jan 26, 2004
  14. Dave Marden

    Kendal Emery Guest

    brown noser :)

    Systems Administrator
    Coordinated Home Care

    remove me to email to me

    Kendal Emery, Jan 26, 2004
  15. Dave Marden

    Dave Marden Guest

    My bad, I truly apologize. I will try to explain my questions a little
    better from now on.

    Dave Marden

    "LnkWizard" <> wrote in message

    > ----- Dave Marden wrote: -----
    >
    > By the way, I was asking for opinions, cause then I would

    obviously find
    > out the names of some other sites. I would check out the sites and

    decide
    > for myself which sites I want to use.
    >
    > Once again,
    > Thanks for Nothing,
    > Dave Marden
    >
    > "Consultant" <> wrote in

    message
    > > i dunno, what's your favorite color?
    > >> "Dave Marden" <> wrote in message

    > >> What site do you guys think has the best newgroups?
    > >>>>>>

    > In hopes of maybe calming things down, if you look at your orignal

    post,
    > it doens't quite ask the same question that you have just asked. It asks

    for
    > the site with the best newsgroups. However you then explained that you

    are
    > looking for other newsgroups beyond this one. If that had been the

    original
    > post you probably would have gotten a less flippant answer. All of us

    here
    > do honestly want to help. Its jsut sometimes it is better to provide a

    few
    Dave Marden, Jan 26, 2004
  16. Dave Marden

    Brat Guest

    okay, that is different completely... have you browsed the list of newsgroup
    available on your current server? what exactly are you looking for? Is it
    a particular exam? or a particular OS? I searched my list of available
    newsgroups and all I could find for MCSE is this one and ones in other
    languages... for XP I found:

    microsoft.public.winxp.setup_deployment
    microsoft.public.winxp.newusers
    microsoft.public.winxp.network_web
    microsoft.public.winxp.help_and_support
    microsoft.public.winxp.perform_maintain
    microsoft.public.winxp.general

    for 2000:

    microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory
    microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server
    microsoft.public.win2000.applications
    microsoft.public.win2000.developer
    microsoft.public.win2000.dns
    microsoft.public.win2000.enable
    microsoft.public.win2000.file_system
    microsoft.public.win2000.general
    microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy
    microsoft.public.win2000.msi
    microsoft.public.win2000.netware
    microsoft.public.win2000.networking
    microsoft.public.win2000.new_user
    microsoft.public.win2000.ras_routing
    microsoft.public.win2000.registry
    microsoft.public.win2000.security
    microsoft.public.win2000.setup
    microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment
    microsoft.public.win2000.setup_upgrade
    microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.aps
    microsoft.public.win2000.clients
    microsoft.public.win2000.windows_upgrade

    for certification I found this one and the mcsa one but also:

    microsoft.public.certification
    microsoft.public.certification.networking

    I am sure there are 100's more but it depends on what you are looking for.
    What are you using for a reader? I use IE and I go to newsgroups
    (Tools/newsgroups) and in the top of the box above the listing of groups I
    type in a search parameter such as windowsxp and 2000 and then browse thru
    the trunkated list to find what I need.

    --
    Sue Thugette #69

    Brat, Jan 26, 2004
  17. Dave Marden

    Dave Marden Guest

    I use Microsoft Outlook Express, and have probably about 44 different
    newsgroups areas such as what you have below. I kind of thought however
    that there would be other newsgroups on the internet that would specialize
    in MCSA, MCSE, and MCSD newsgroups. If anyone knows of any I would greatly
    appreciate finding out what they are. Maybe microsoft has the only good on,
    in which case maybe Darth2000, gave me the best possible answer.

    I like the part where you said, "and all I could find for MCSE is this
    one and ones in other languages"

    I didn't mention it before but my prefered language would be English.
    lmao

    Thanks Again,
    Dave Marden

    Dave Marden, Jan 26, 2004
  18. Dave Marden

    Consultant Guest

    good colors.
    when building choppers or hot rods, i like to go with a flat black paint for
    the body and red powder coated rims.

    Consultant, Jan 26, 2004
  19. Dave Marden

    Brat Guest

    I figured on the language part thats why I only mentioned them in passing :p

    --
    Sue Thugette #69

    Brat, Jan 26, 2004
  20. Dave Marden

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > What site do you guys think has the best newgroups?
    >
    > Dave Marden

    Kinda confusing. "Site" and "newsgroup" usually don't go hand-in-hand.
    Microsoft.com has HTML versions of this newsgroup, and google does as well.
    http://groups.google.com will give you a gimongous list of newsgroups that
    you can read/post to. I see you mentioned taht you use OE. You can set up a
    new account with news.cis.dfn.de (i think you might have to use
    individual.net now, but I'm not sure). It's a Germany-based server with a
    bazillion newsgroups that your ISP might not carry. It's free, but you do
    have to sign up with them. Once you set up the account for that server, in
    OE, you can click the server name, then click the Newgroups button, and
    type in keywords in the text box. This will give you a list of NGs that
    contain your searchword, so you can narrow the huge list down some.

    HTH.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "helpy thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, Jan 26, 2004