    mcs Guest

    anyone get blown away by their new camera. Please don't say the fuji s5000
    please!!!! (spare me)

    mcs, Aug 8, 2004

  2. mcs

    clw Guest

    In article <kBpRc.905$AA1.649@trndny06>, "mcs" <> wrote:

    > anyone get blown away by their new camera. Please don't say the fuji s5000
    > please!!!! (spare me)

    Depends on what any persons requirements are. I am very happy with new
    Canon S 60. Probably not good enough to stop a hummingbirds wings or
    focus on a fly on the woman next door, but for ease of use with some
    good flexibility and a way to add other lenses it is fine.

    Excellent reviews and reasonable price.

    --
    It is an aspect of maturity to deal rationally with inconsistencies

    clw, Aug 8, 2004

  3. mcs

    Sabineellen Guest

    >Depends on what any persons requirements are. I am very happy with new
    >Canon S 60. Probably not good enough to stop a hummingbirds wings or
    >focus on a fly on the woman next door, but for ease of use with some
    >good flexibility and a way to add other lenses it is fine.
    >
    >Excellent reviews and reasonable price.

    I've taken some nice photos with the HP 945. Very pleasing colors. Very easy to
    use. Uses AA batteries. Main downside is the lens isn't sharp corner-to-corner.

    Sabineellen, Aug 8, 2004
  4. mcs

    mcs Guest

    "Sabineellen" <> wrote in message

    > >Depends on what any persons requirements are. I am very happy with new
    > >Canon S 60. Probably not good enough to stop a hummingbirds wings or
    > >focus on a fly on the woman next door, but for ease of use with some
    > >good flexibility and a way to add other lenses it is fine.
    > >
    > >Excellent reviews and reasonable price.
    > >

    > I've taken some nice photos with the HP 945. Very pleasing colors. Very

    easy to
    > use. Uses AA batteries. Main downside is the lens isn't sharp

    corner-to-corner.

    Well thanks for the replies. I wonder if the s60 might be better then the
    sony v1. I know Sony has come out with more cameras since but for a compact
    are any of them better. The thing I don't like about the V1 is some cameras
    my friends have or got at Sears closeouts are hard to focus.But when it
    focus are very nice.

    mcs, Aug 8, 2004
  5. mcs

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    "mcs" <> wrote in news:kBpRc.905$AA1.649@trndny06:

    > anyone get blown away by their new camera. Please don't say the fuji s5000
    > please!!!! (spare me)

    What's 'best' for you may be totally useless to me and vice versa.

    Fuzzy Logic, Aug 9, 2004
  6. mcs

    mcs Guest

    "Fuzzy Logic" <> wrote in message
    > "mcs" <> wrote in news:kBpRc.905$AA1.649@trndny06:
    >
    > > anyone get blown away by their new camera. Please don't say the fuji

    s5000
    > > please!!!! (spare me)

    > What's 'best' for you may be totally useless to me and vice versa.

    Yes, assume a point and shoot fairly compact digital . The most important
    features, speed of focus and best overall photo. Behind those requirements:
    telephoto lens 3x or better

    mcs, Aug 10, 2004
  7. mcs

    digiboy Guest

    "mcs" <> wrote in message news:<tuvRc.2564$K82.1659@trndny01>...
    > "Sabineellen" <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > >Depends on what any persons requirements are. I am very happy with new
    > > >Canon S 60. Probably not good enough to stop a hummingbirds wings or
    > > >focus on a fly on the woman next door, but for ease of use with some
    > > >good flexibility and a way to add other lenses it is fine.
    > > >
    > > >Excellent reviews and reasonable price.
    > > >

    > > I've taken some nice photos with the HP 945. Very pleasing colors. Very

    > easy to
    > > use. Uses AA batteries. Main downside is the lens isn't sharp

    > corner-to-corner.
    > >

    > Well thanks for the replies. I wonder if the s60 might be better then the
    > sony v1. I know Sony has come out with more cameras since but for a compact
    > are any of them better. The thing I don't like about the V1 is some cameras
    > my friends have or got at Sears closeouts are hard to focus.But when it
    > focus are very nice.

    I upgraded to the S60 because it has a decent wideangle, manual focus
    and still takes my CF cards.

    And it takes decent pic as well :)

    digiboy, Aug 10, 2004