Best mp3 decoding utility for Mozilla

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by HellPope Huey, Mar 14, 2006.

  1. What's a good mp3 decoder for binaries on Usenet?

    --

    HellPope Huey
    Damn kids, their music sucks
    and I really hate their new cologne,
    "Industrial Waste Au Jus"

    You can't be a successful Dictator
    and design women's underclothing.
    One or the other. Not both.
    ~ P. G. Wodehouse,
    "The Code of the Woosters"

    If at first you don't succeed,
    failure may be your style.
    ~ Quentin Crisp

    http://www.beat-factory.net/hellpope/
    HellPope Huey, Mar 14, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. HellPope Huey

    gwtc Guest

    HellPope Huey wrote:

    > What's a good mp3 decoder for binaries on Usenet?
    >


    First, learn how to use your sig line delimiter. Its dash dask space
    [-- ], not dash dash [--]. Thanks

    You can find whatever you need here:
    http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows-all.html
    gwtc, Mar 14, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. HellPope Huey

    Jim Guest

    Regarding the originak subject:
    I haw Windows Media Player as my default (windows) MP3 decoder.

    But sometime if I am trying to play song samples off a web site which
    are mp3 files, they open in quick time. Other times in Windows Media
    Player.

    If I check about:plugis, the are several boxes of entries for Quick
    Time, including mp2 and mp4 but not MP3. The entry for Windows Media
    player does not list mp3 either, but does have the following entries:
    application/asx Media Files * Yes
    video/x-ms-asf-plugin Media Files * Yes
    application/x-mplayer2 Media Files * Yes

    where the * is the suffix.

    Is there a way I can get ALL mp3's to open in WMP in Firefox?

    TIA

    On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 22:03:57 -0800, gwtc
    <> wrote:

    >HellPope Huey wrote:
    >
    >> What's a good mp3 decoder for binaries on Usenet?
    >>

    >
    >First, learn how to use your sig line delimiter. Its dash dask space
    >[-- ], not dash dash [--]. Thanks
    >
    >You can find whatever you need here:
    >http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows-all.html
    Jim, Mar 17, 2006
    #3
  4. HellPope Huey

    gwtc Guest

    Jim wrote:

    > Regarding the originak subject:
    > I haw Windows Media Player as my default (windows) MP3 decoder.
    >
    > But sometime if I am trying to play song samples off a web site which
    > are mp3 files, they open in quick time. Other times in Windows Media
    > Player.
    >
    > If I check about:plugis, the are several boxes of entries for Quick
    > Time, including mp2 and mp4 but not MP3. The entry for Windows Media
    > player does not list mp3 either, but does have the following entries:
    > application/asx Media Files * Yes
    > video/x-ms-asf-plugin Media Files * Yes
    > application/x-mplayer2 Media Files * Yes
    >
    > where the * is the suffix.
    >
    > Is there a way I can get ALL mp3's to open in WMP in Firefox?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 22:03:57 -0800, gwtc
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>HellPope Huey wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>> What's a good mp3 decoder for binaries on Usenet?
    >>>

    >>
    >>First, learn how to use your sig line delimiter. Its dash dask space
    >>[-- ], not dash dash [--]. Thanks
    >>
    >>You can find whatever you need here:
    >>http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows-all.html

    Close FF. Open the File Associates within QT and uncheck the mp3
    entries. Then open WMP and make the file associates there. You may
    have to reboot for things to stick. Now start FF
    gwtc, Mar 17, 2006
    #4
  5. HellPope Huey

    Jim Guest

    On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 12:58:12 -0800, gwtc
    <> wrote:

    >Jim wrote:
    >
    >> Regarding the originak subject:
    >> I haw Windows Media Player as my default (windows) MP3 decoder.
    >>
    >> But sometime if I am trying to play song samples off a web site which
    >> are mp3 files, they open in quick time. Other times in Windows Media
    >> Player.
    >>
    >> If I check about:plugis, the are several boxes of entries for Quick
    >> Time, including mp2 and mp4 but not MP3. The entry for Windows Media
    >> player does not list mp3 either, but does have the following entries:
    >> application/asx Media Files * Yes
    >> video/x-ms-asf-plugin Media Files * Yes
    >> application/x-mplayer2 Media Files * Yes
    >>
    >> where the * is the suffix.
    >>
    >> Is there a way I can get ALL mp3's to open in WMP in Firefox?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 22:03:57 -0800, gwtc
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>HellPope Huey wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>> What's a good mp3 decoder for binaries on Usenet?
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>First, learn how to use your sig line delimiter. Its dash dask space
    >>>[-- ], not dash dash [--]. Thanks
    >>>
    >>>You can find whatever you need here:
    >>>http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows-all.html

    >Close FF. Open the File Associates within QT and uncheck the mp3
    >entries. Then open WMP and make the file associates there. You may
    >have to reboot for things to stick. Now start FF



    Thanks.

    I checked. Quick time was already not selected for MP3s and Windows
    Media Player was (although Real Player periodically hijacks that
    selection!). Perhaps the MP3s are not really MP3s but some other audo
    format Quick Time is default for.. Will have to keep track of what
    sities this is occurring on.
    Jim, Mar 18, 2006
    #5
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Joebee
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    947
    Joebee
    Sep 24, 2003
  2. lasitter
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    1,515
    Alpha
    Aug 7, 2005
  3. *k*

    best TV tuner for decoding sky?

    *k*, Jul 6, 2004, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    12
    Views:
    3,723
    ~misfit~
    Jul 7, 2004
  4. Giuen
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    838
    Giuen
    Sep 12, 2008
  5. music-fan
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    2,322
    music-fan
    Dec 24, 2009
Loading...

Share This Page