    either, the sound is very bad.

    Who?
    , Nov 7, 2006

  2. In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    > Does anyone know of a good comparisson of the quality (image AND sound)
    > of the current (end 2006) digital photo camera's?

    My girlfriend has a Canon S2 which does excellent movies, as does the
    S3.
    Randall Ainsworth, Nov 7, 2006

  3. ? <> ?????? ??? ??????
    > Does anyone know of a good comparisson of the quality (image AND sound)
    > of the current (end 2006) digital photo camera's?
    >
    > I've had a Olympus C8080 with **excellent** movie quality, both sound
    > and image, but switched to an Nikon D70, wich has, being a DSLR, no
    > movie-option. With the C8080 you could also zoom in and out while
    > filming. And the low light capacity for film/movie was also excellent
    > (what is more than I can say of the digital still-pictues of the C8080:
    > those were horrible)
    >
    > Also I know of the Canon Powershot A90, with also good movie & sound
    > quality, but I only can take movies/clips op 30 secs.
    >
    > The movie capabillities of a Pentax Optio WP (5Mp) is not that good
    > either, the sound is very bad.

    IMHO still cameras are poor camcorders, and vice versa.When a JVC mini DV
    camera sells for 199 euros, there are just no excuses...

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    major in electrical engineering
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Nov 7, 2006
  4. Bill Funk Guest

    On 7 Nov 2006 06:10:57 -0800, wrote:

    >Does anyone know of a good comparisson of the quality (image AND sound)
    >of the current (end 2006) digital photo camera's?
    >
    >I've had a Olympus C8080 with **excellent** movie quality, both sound
    >and image, but switched to an Nikon D70, wich has, being a DSLR, no
    >movie-option. With the C8080 you could also zoom in and out while
    >filming. And the low light capacity for film/movie was also excellent
    >(what is more than I can say of the digital still-pictues of the C8080:
    >those were horrible)
    >
    >Also I know of the Canon Powershot A90, with also good movie & sound
    >quality, but I only can take movies/clips op 30 secs.
    >
    >The movie capabillities of a Pentax Optio WP (5Mp) is not that good
    >either, the sound is very bad.
    >
    >Who?

    B&H has the S2IS for under $300; we have this camera, and the videos
    are very good.
    You can do 640x480 @ 30fps for as long as the memory card will hold,
    up to 1GB (about 6 minutes) per clip.
    IS works during movie filming, as does the zoom (and it's a quiet
    zoom, too).
    Movies are recorded as AVI files, which will play in more viewers than
    MOV files.
    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"
    Bill Funk, Nov 7, 2006
  5. just bob Guest

    "Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" <> wrote in message

    > ? <> ?????? ??? ??????
    >> Does anyone know of a good comparisson of the quality (image AND sound)
    >> of the current (end 2006) digital photo camera's?
    >>
    >> I've had a Olympus C8080 with **excellent** movie quality, both sound
    >> and image, but switched to an Nikon D70, wich has, being a DSLR, no
    >> movie-option. With the C8080 you could also zoom in and out while
    >> filming. And the low light capacity for film/movie was also excellent
    >> (what is more than I can say of the digital still-pictues of the C8080:
    >> those were horrible)
    >>
    >> Also I know of the Canon Powershot A90, with also good movie & sound
    >> quality, but I only can take movies/clips op 30 secs.
    >>
    >> The movie capabillities of a Pentax Optio WP (5Mp) is not that good
    >> either, the sound is very bad.

    > IMHO still cameras are poor camcorders, and vice versa.When a JVC mini DV
    > camera sells for 199 euros, there are just no excuses...

    Agreed. But what makes the little digi cams so nice is the ability to take
    low-res video which can be emailed just moments after shooting (i.e.,
    without post-processing such as download to a PC in real time).
    just bob, Nov 7, 2006
  6. Steven Guest

    Canon S3 IS
    Steven, Nov 7, 2006