Best Mobo for approx $200 ?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Al-Majid, Sep 22, 2003.

  1. Al-Majid

    Al-Majid Guest

    Al-Majid, Sep 22, 2003

  2. Al-Majid

    Al-Majid Guest

    PS, and a good CPU ( approx $150-200 ) to go with it.

    "Al-Majid" <> wrote in message
    > So many to choose from, http://www.eoneonline.co.nz seems to be cheap

    and

    Al-Majid, Sep 22, 2003

  3. Al-Majid

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "Al-Majid" <> wrote in message
    > So many to choose from, http://www.eoneonline.co.nz seems to be cheap

    and
    > hopefully above board.
    >
    > What sayest thou?

    E-One is OK, I've dealt with them before. I assume you're looking for a
    socket A board for an athlon as you mention a CPU in the $150-$200 range in
    your next post.

    When I'm in Manukau I deal with OEM computers, they seem to be a little
    cheaper than E-One, have a good range and friendly, helpful staff.

    I bought a Soltek nForce2 board for a friend from them a month back and an
    AMD Athlon/Barton XP2500+ for around $190 for the mobo and $195 for the CPU.
    Best deal I could find (I'm local and like to walk into a shop and walk out
    with the goods in my hand.)

    Easy to set up, supports dual-channel RAM and quite fast. Good 'bang for the
    buck'.

    E-One may have something similar, I haven't dealt with them for a while.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ---

    ~misfit~, Sep 22, 2003
  4. Al-Majid

    Al-Majid Guest

    "~misfit~" <misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz> wrote in message

    > "Al-Majid" <> wrote in message
    > > So many to choose from, http://www.eoneonline.co.nz seems to be cheap

    > and
    > > hopefully above board.
    > >
    > > What sayest thou?

    > E-One is OK, I've dealt with them before. I assume you're looking for a
    > socket A board for an athlon as you mention a CPU in the $150-$200 range

    in
    > your next post.
    >
    > When I'm in Manukau I deal with OEM computers, they seem to be a little
    > cheaper than E-One, have a good range and friendly, helpful staff.
    >
    > I bought a Soltek nForce2 board for a friend from them a month back and an
    > AMD Athlon/Barton XP2500+ for around $190 for the mobo and $195 for the

    CPU.
    > Best deal I could find (I'm local and like to walk into a shop and walk

    out
    > with the goods in my hand.)
    >
    > Easy to set up, supports dual-channel RAM and quite fast. Good 'bang for

    the
    > buck'.
    >
    > E-One may have something similar, I haven't dealt with them for a while.
    > --
    > ~misfit~
    >

    > ---

    Thanx S...