Best media/format for 92min audio discs?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by myusenetacct@gmail.com, Aug 24, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Apologies in advance if I'm posting to the wrong group.

    I have a few 90 to 92 minute audio discs to produce with distribution
    of a couple of hundred.

    I planned on 99 min CDR, but am now leaning towards Audio-DVD.

    I planned on burning 99min CDRs using Nero, at least for the masters.
    I even got a Lite-On drive that claimed 99 min compatibility. Wasn't
    sucessful burning my 99 min CDR media with Nero 6, disc-at-once mode,
    and overburning turned on. Got an error writing track index at the end.
    Tried different speeds, shortened max length to 98 min. I was going to
    try again with an application I found that directly supports 99 min
    CDR, but web searches make me concerned that the final product will be
    incompatible with lots of audio CD players, including many newer ones.

    Better to produce something that requires DVD, but will work in any DVD
    player (any *recent* DVD player might be acceptable). Is Audio-DVD a
    good solution for me? Is there something better?

    Thanks,
    David

    , Aug 24, 2005