    a lot and I am really big into music.

    Thanks in advance for the input,

    Laffctx

    Laffctx, Jun 22, 2003

  2. Laffctx

    °Mike° Guest

    A keyboard is like an armchair; whatever 'feels' best to
    YOU is the one to go for.

    On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 12:43:03 -0700, in
    <WDnJa.73560$Pc5.15776@fed1read01>
    Laffctx scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Jun 22, 2003

  3. Laffctx

    philo Guest

    Laffctx wrote:
    > I am wanting a new keyboard and I am not really sure whether I want wireless
    > or not............Actually, I am not really sure wireless would be of any
    > benefit to me. Any suggestions on what is good keyboard would be greatly
    > appreciated. I play games but I am not a gamer so to speak. I surf the web
    > a lot and I am really big into music.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for the input,
    >
    > Laffctx

    think quiet
    think ergonomic
    think

    philo, Jun 22, 2003
  4. Laffctx

    The Freek Guest

    The Freek, Jun 22, 2003
  5. Laffctx

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as °Mike° continued:

    > A keyboard is like an armchair; whatever 'feels' best to
    > YOU is the one to go for.

    I've tried watching a movie and dozing off while sitting on a keyboard and
    it doesn't even come close.

    I take back what I said earlier in another thread...you obviously *are* what
    the other guy said ;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    Slumpy, Jun 22, 2003
  6. Laffctx

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 21:49:30 +0100, in
    <bd54o1$p0kmk$>
    Slumpy scrawled:

    >"So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?" I
    >threw back my head and roared with laughter as °Mike° continued:
    >
    >> On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 21:13:55 +0100, in
    >> <bd52la$ojril$>
    >> Slumpy scrawled:
    >>
    >>> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you
    >>> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as °Mike° continued:

    >>> I've tried watching a movie and dozing off while sitting on a
    >>> keyboard and it doesn't even come close.
    >>>
    >>> I take back what I said earlier in another thread...you obviously
    >>> *are* what the other guy said ;-)

    >> "Invalid thought detected. Close all mental processes and restart
    >> body."

    >Terminal problem encountered - do not push buttons on this
    >body - it will not respond.

    "Create your own reality, or live in someone else's."

    °Mike°, Jun 22, 2003
  7. On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 19:43:03 GMT, Laffctx wrote

    > I am wanting a new keyboard and I am not really sure whether I
    > want wireless or not............Actually, I am not really sure
    > wireless would be of any benefit to me. Any suggestions on what
    > is good keyboard would be greatly appreciated. I play games but I
    > am not a gamer so to speak. I surf the web a lot and I am really
    > big into music.

    All very personal, this, but for music and general surfing I'd
    recommend anything with 5 or 6 programmable buttons for launching
    stuff, and keyboard-level volume/eject/mute controls.

    Anything else - wireless and all that -- would be entirely optional for
    me.

    (It took me a couple of years to get around to locating the software
    for programming my keyboard's access buttons -- I'd never bother buying
    another keyboard without them.....)

    --
    Cheers,
    Harvey

    For e-mail, change harvey to whhvs.

    Harvey Van Sickle, Jun 22, 2003
  8. Laffctx

    koorb Guest

    On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 12:43:03 -0700, "Laffctx" <> wrote:

    >I am wanting a new keyboard and I am not really sure whether I want wireless
    >or not............Actually, I am not really sure wireless would be of any
    >benefit to me. Any suggestions on what is good keyboard would be greatly
    >appreciated. I play games but I am not a gamer so to speak. I surf the web
    >a lot and I am really big into music.
    >
    >Thanks in advance for the input,
    >
    >Laffctx

    To be honest I just buy the cheapest one I can cuz I won't be seen
    dead with one of throes things with the nice soft extra buttons across
    the top. I even seen one with a little gray Help button next to the F1
    key. I mean wha!
    As far as wireless goes I don't see why anybody would wont one. Iv
    used them in the past and the only time I notice the difference is
    when the wireless one looses signal.

    koorb, Jun 22, 2003
  9. Laffctx

    I am Guest

    On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 12:43:03 -0700, "Laffctx" <> wrote:

    >I am wanting a new keyboard and I am not really sure whether I want wireless
    >or not............Actually, I am not really sure wireless would be of any
    >benefit to me. Any suggestions on what is good keyboard would be greatly
    >appreciated. I play games but I am not a gamer so to speak. I surf the web
    >a lot and I am really big into music.
    >
    >Thanks in advance for the input,
    >
    >Laffctx

    I don't know how long you have been using PCs but if "IBM 101
    keyboard" and mechanical spring action has any meaning, use the link
    at the end of this post. I've used the original at work since the mid
    80s and got one from the company mentioned in the article as soon as i
    read it. Wonderful keyboard, sometimes old is best.

    http://www.msnbc.com/news/908288.asp?0si=-

    I am, Jun 23, 2003
  10. Laffctx

    Jared Guest

    if money isnt an issue and you want the coolest looking keyboard, go to:
    http://www.crazypc.com/products/gamegear/gamegear.htm#keyboards
    the keys glow in the dark! they come in black, silver, and bone (strange).
    They are pretty sharp!

    Jared, Jun 23, 2003