    Oh,what speeds are you getting at the moment on full rate plans
    Otago punters?

    grumpy
    grumpyoldhori, Nov 8, 2006

  2. grumpyoldhori

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 11:43:50 +1300, grumpyoldhori
    <> exclaimed:

    > Damn,I got the pip with Xtra so moved to Slingshot,yesterday
    > I was getting dial up speeds.
    > This morning getting around 256k,not good.
    > So people who has not had speed problems,and yes I realise they
    > are selling Telecoms service.
    > So which ISP is reliable,any?
    > Oh,what speeds are you getting at the moment on full rate plans
    > Otago punters?

    Ihug is okay in general, although if I was you I'd wait a month before
    changing, until the dust has settled.
    Fred Dagg, Nov 9, 2006

  3. grumpyoldhori

    poopbunny Guest

    Ihug really sucks for gaming.

    Also sucks for P2P

    Standard web browsing is marginal.

    poopbunny, Nov 9, 2006
  4. grumpyoldhori

    Vista Guest

    "grumpyoldhori" <> wrote in message

    > Damn,I got the pip with Xtra so moved to Slingshot,yesterday
    > I was getting dial up speeds.
    > This morning getting around 256k,not good.
    > So people who has not had speed problems,and yes I realise they
    > are selling Telecoms service.
    > So which ISP is reliable,any?
    > Oh,what speeds are you getting at the moment on full rate plans
    > Otago punters?
    >
    > grumpy

    I haven't had that sort of problem with slingshot. My speeds have been good.
    It could be that something has happened to your line after the switch, I
    would get slingshot to get it tested, as telecom may have made a mistake.
    Vista, Nov 9, 2006
  5. grumpyoldhori

    Fred Dagg Guest

    >> > Damn,I got the pip with Xtra so moved to Slingshot,yesterday
    >> > I was getting dial up speeds.
    >> > This morning getting around 256k,not good.
    >> > So people who has not had speed problems,and yes I realise they
    >> > are selling Telecoms service.
    >> > So which ISP is reliable,any?
    >> > Oh,what speeds are you getting at the moment on full rate plans
    >> > Otago punters?

    >> Ihug is okay in general, although if I was you I'd wait a month before
    >> changing, until the dust has settled.

    >On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 18:54:47 +1300, "poopbunny" <> exclaimed:

    >Ihug really sucks for gaming.

    Dunno - don't do much online gaming.

    >Also sucks for P2P

    Not here it doesn't. I ALWAY max out the connection. I'm on an old
    2Mbps plan, though - might be different for others.

    >Standard web browsing is marginal.

    Again, 95% of the time it is good here.
    Fred Dagg, Nov 9, 2006
  6. poopbunny wrote:
    > Ihug really sucks for gaming.
    >
    > Also sucks for P2P
    >
    > Standard web browsing is marginal.
    >

    > "Fred Dagg" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 11:43:50 +1300, grumpyoldhori
    >> <> exclaimed:
    >>
    >>> Damn,I got the pip with Xtra so moved to Slingshot,yesterday
    >>> I was getting dial up speeds.
    >>> This morning getting around 256k,not good.
    >>> So people who has not had speed problems,and yes I realise they
    >>> are selling Telecoms service.
    >>> So which ISP is reliable,any?
    >>> Oh,what speeds are you getting at the moment on full rate plans
    >>> Otago punters?

    >> Ihug is okay in general, although if I was you I'd wait a month before
    >> changing, until the dust has settled.

    wow, marginal for web browsing, So this is one of the better ones. What
    more could we ask for!
    Andrew Lambert, Nov 9, 2006
  7. grumpyoldhori

    Chris Lim Guest

    grumpyoldhori wrote:
    > Damn,I got the pip with Xtra so moved to Slingshot,yesterday
    > I was getting dial up speeds.
    > This morning getting around 256k,not good.

    I've actually just switched to Xtra from Slingshot and have noticed an
    immediate speed increase, at least through the nzdsl.co.nz speed test.
    With Slingshot I couldn't get above 1000kbps down, but as soon as I
    signed in with my Xtra account I got around 3000kbps. So far my torrent
    download speeds haven't changed much, but I haven't downloaded a really
    popular one yet.

    The weird thing is though, on my router the Data Rate is now showing as
    4200 whereas with Slingshot it was showing higher, around 6000. So I
    have a lower line speed but a higher actual speed.
    Chris Lim, Nov 12, 2006