  1. Just Asking

    Just Asking Guest

    Virus and Firewall?
    Just Asking, Apr 18, 2004

  2. Peter James

    Peter James Guest

    On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 14:58:56 GMT, "Just Asking" <>

    >Virus and Firewall?

    Avast virus checker and Kerio firewall. Both free for personal use.

    Peter James
    Change AT to @ and dot to . to reply
    Peter James, Apr 18, 2004

  3. Damjan

    Damjan Guest

    > Virus and Firewall?

    Hard to say.. Do you need they for presonal or commercial use?

    Damjan, Apr 18, 2004
  4. Netuser 58

    Netuser 58 Guest

    Netuser 58, Apr 19, 2004
  5. Dale Simmons

    Dale Simmons Guest

    "Just Asking" <> wrote in message
    > Virus and Firewall?

    You know... you are gonna receive a lot of different responses.... all of
    which may be good or bad..... you can take people's opinion, but ultimately,
    you need to decide for yourself what is best for YOU...

    My Opinion:... Avast v4 Home, and ZoneAlarm Free.... (although I do have
    ZoneAlarm PRO)

    Remove '.magic' and replace 'invalid' with 'net' to reply by email.
    Dale Simmons, Apr 19, 2004
  6. Rod S

    Rod S Guest

    DiamondCS TDS-3 and ProcessGuard for trojan defence.

    have a look at the reviews on my website.

    Kind Regards

    Rod S, Apr 19, 2004
  7. Leythos

    Leythos Guest

    In article <QIwgc.112835$2oI1.5179>, says...
    > Virus and Firewall?

    No one can give you a good answer unless you describe your environment -
    the answer depends on your infrastructure and what you are protecting.

    (Remove 999 to reply to me)
    Leythos, Apr 19, 2004
  8. Just Asking

    Just Asking Guest

    Just a home user,

    Just Asking, Apr 19, 2004
  9. In article
    <QIwgc.112835$>, "Just
    Asking"() dropped a +5 bundle of words...

    > Virus and Firewall?

    I have Norton everything. Works well enough for me.

    Zone Alarm is pretty good too and it's free (they have a pro/pay version

    mhm 31x9
    Smeeter #28, 29, or 30
    WSD #30
    Skep-ti-cult ID# 365-12149-907
    Alcatroll Labs Inc. (Division of Incendiary Devices)
    StArSHiNe_MoOnbEAm aT HoTMaIL DoT cOM

    "Technology is getting better and that's fine but most of the time,
    all you need is a stick of gum, a pocketknife, and a smile."
    -- Robert Redford "Spy Game"

    "You can run but you'll just die tired and buttered."
    -- Ryannosaurus
    Starshine Moonbeam, Apr 21, 2004
  10. The Prophecy

    The Prophecy Guest

    Just Asking wrote:
    > Virus and Firewall?

    All you will get by asking this question is a lot of people's opinions.
    Personally, I think Norton Antivirus and Norton Internet Security (both
    2004) are best. But, do you want to pay for an Antivirus client and
    Firewall? If not, then I would say for the firewall, go with ZoneAlarm
    ( and for the Antivirus client go with AVG
    The Prophecy, Apr 21, 2004
  11. Pete

    Pete Guest

    Just Asking wrote:

    > Virus and Firewall?

    Iptables/uvscan/common sense ?
    Pete, Apr 21, 2004
  12., Apr 25, 2004
  13. Blackfoot

    Blackfoot Guest

    Just chaned over to AVG free ver (will get paid ver.soon) from norton
    and ZA has been good all the way for many years, sorry, but cant say
    the same about norton also thinking of going to TDS-3 aswell, still
    looking around as i am no expert on pc's.
    Blackfoot, May 10, 2004