    Also a USB handheld phone.

    Any suggestions.

    Glen
    GC, Sep 29, 2005

  2. GC wrote:
    > Hi there
    >
    > I'm using VOIPFONE - Good service.
    >
    > I'm looking for a decent, yet not too expensive headset/mic (USB)
    >
    > Also a USB handheld phone.
    >
    > Any suggestions.
    >
    > Glen

    Hi glen i also use voipfone now but have also tried most of the other
    providers too although the software / usb phones do work they are not
    that great in my opinion i spent a fair bit of time and a few quid
    messing around trying different ones but i eventually went for an ata
    and a couple of smoms and have never looked back they work really well
    no different to my old bt line

    Mat
    Mathew Curtis, Sep 29, 2005

  3. GC

    GC Guest

    Hi there Mat,

    Thanks for your reply... Sounds a great setup.

    I'd be interested in your setup.... ;-)

    Glen.

    GC, Sep 29, 2005
  4. GC wrote:
    > Hi there Mat,
    >
    > Thanks for your reply... Sounds a great setup.
    >
    > I'd be interested in your setup.... ;-)
    >
    > Glen.
    >
    > On 29 Sep 2005 03:10:27 -0700, "Mathew Curtis"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >GC wrote:
    > >> Hi there
    > >>
    > >> I'm using VOIPFONE - Good service.
    > >>
    > >> I'm looking for a decent, yet not too expensive headset/mic (USB)
    > >>
    > >> Also a USB handheld phone.
    > >>
    > >> Any suggestions.
    > >>
    > >> Glen

    > >Hi glen i also use voipfone now but have also tried most of the other
    > >providers too although the software / usb phones do work they are not
    > >that great in my opinion i spent a fair bit of time and a few quid
    > >messing around trying different ones but i eventually went for an ata
    > >and a couple of smoms and have never looked back they work really well
    > >no different to my old bt line
    > >
    > >Mat

    my set up at home is a sipura 3000 with a bt dect phone with 4 hand
    sets and a geographic telephone number and at the office we use
    voipfone virtual pbx with one main geographic number 3 extension
    numbers and 3 snom phones each with their with their own geographic
    direct numbers

    Mat
    Mathew Curtis, Sep 29, 2005
  5. GC

    keymaster Guest

    "Mathew Curtis" <> wrote in message

    > GC wrote:
    >> Hi there Mat,
    >>
    >> Thanks for your reply... Sounds a great setup.
    >>
    >> I'd be interested in your setup.... ;-)
    >>
    >> Glen.
    >>
    >> On 29 Sep 2005 03:10:27 -0700, "Mathew Curtis"
    >> <> wrote:

    >> >Hi glen i also use voipfone now but have also tried most of the other
    >> >providers too although the software / usb phones do work they are not
    >> >that great in my opinion i spent a fair bit of time and a few quid
    >> >messing around trying different ones but i eventually went for an ata
    >> >and a couple of smoms and have never looked back they work really well
    >> >no different to my old bt line
    >> >
    >> >Mat

    > my set up at home is a sipura 3000 with a bt dect phone with 4 hand
    > sets and a geographic telephone number and at the office we use
    > voipfone virtual pbx with one main geographic number 3 extension
    > numbers and 3 snom phones each with their with their own geographic
    > direct numbers
    >
    > Mat

    Hi
    I agree with Mat, I have been with voipfone for ages, tried others but
    always came back. I also have a Snom 190 - expensive but you get what u pay
    for. I had a grandstream 101 (looked andperformed like a kids toy), also
    have an IP-Talk phone - cheap but not nearly as good as the Snom.
    if you buy a hardware phone from Ebay or similar avoid non SIP and power
    over ethernet phones and u should be safe. but USB fones on the whole are
    for teenybobbers on skype..IMHO
    cheers
    Roy
    keymaster, Sep 29, 2005
  6. GC

    7 Guest

    GC wrote:

    > Hi there
    >
    > I'm using VOIPFONE - Good service.
    >
    > I'm looking for a decent, yet not too expensive headset/mic (USB)
    >
    > Also a USB handheld phone.
    >
    > Any suggestions.
    >
    > Glen

    Some of these poundland sets I have tried are the best
    for voip! I know it costs a pound and you take a risk
    for a pound, but these things are made in their millions
    and they do actually work for a change!
    7, Sep 30, 2005