best graphics tool

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Dan C, Aug 20, 2007.

  1. Dan C

    Dan C Guest

    On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 23:43:09 +1000, garf wrote:

    > I'm abit confused about the difference between photoshop and paintshop, I
    > want to be able to create graphics, not just fiddle with picture tones etc.
    >
    > which is the best graphcs product?

    The Gimp.

    Dan C, Aug 20, 2007

  2. Dan C

    garf Guest

    garf, Aug 20, 2007

  3. garf wrote:
    > I'm abit confused about the difference between photoshop and paintshop, I
    > want to be able to create graphics, not just fiddle with picture tones etc.
    >
    > which is the best graphcs product?

    It'd be mighty hard to say without knowing more about what you are
    wanting to do. But CorelDRAW has always been a very good graphics
    program, and also comes with a program somewhat similar to Photoshop.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 20, 2007
  4. On 2007-08-20, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Dan C waxed eloquently:
    > On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 23:43:09 +1000, garf wrote:
    >
    >> I'm abit confused about the difference between photoshop and paintshop, I
    >> want to be able to create graphics, not just fiddle with picture tones etc.
    >>
    >> which is the best graphcs product?

    > The Gimp.

    Agreed. And best of all, it's free.

    --
    The Old Sourdough

    The Old Sourdough, Aug 20, 2007
  5. garf wrote:
    > I'm abit confused about the difference between photoshop and paintshop, I
    > want to be able to create graphics, not just fiddle with picture tones etc.

    Can you be a little more vague about what you're trying to do? Thanks.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 20, 2007
  6. Dan C

    Guest

    "garf" <> wrote:

    >I'm abit confused about the difference between photoshop and paintshop, I
    >want to be able to create graphics, not just fiddle with picture tones etc.
    >
    >which is the best graphcs product?

    Gimp is free as is Paint.Net, but Photoshop has the backing of a lot
    of plugins.

    --

    12 volt battery hack -or- Unlock the $40 hidden inside a 12V battery
    http://tinyurl.com/2rktrd

    , Aug 20, 2007
  7. Dan C

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "garf" <> wrote in message
    > I'm abit confused about the difference between photoshop and paintshop, I
    > want to be able to create graphics, not just fiddle with picture tones
    > etc.
    >
    > which is the best graphcs product?

    Either one will do that. Start with a blank document, pick a color, pick a
    brush, etc. and paint away.

    Alternatives would be Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator and the like. These
    create graphics as vector images, whereas Photoshop and Paintshop (and
    similar) produce bitmaps.

    If you don't know the difference, or you don't understand how to use the
    software, I'd suggest you check your local community college or such to find
    some assistance. Ours has classes on Photoshop that are excellent.

    WhzzKdd, Aug 20, 2007
  8. Dan C

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > garf wrote:
    >> I'm abit confused about the difference between photoshop and paintshop, I
    >> want to be able to create graphics, not just fiddle with picture tones
    >> etc.
    >>
    >> which is the best graphcs product?

    > It'd be mighty hard to say without knowing more about what you are wanting
    > to do. But CorelDRAW has always been a very good graphics program, and
    > also comes with a program somewhat similar to Photoshop.

    Yup - Corel PhotoPaint.

    WhzzKdd, Aug 20, 2007
  9. Dan C

    thanatoid Guest

    "garf" <> wrote in

    > I'm abit confused about the difference between photoshop
    > and paintshop, I want to be able to create graphics, not
    > just fiddle with picture tones etc.
    >
    > which is the best graphcs product?

    If you can be a little more specific - graphics is a VERY wide
    open field/term - you will get better advice for your needs.

    Also indicate how "professional" (someone who work for a major
    publishing house preparing $300 art books or someone who wants
    to print a cartoon of hi/her making a few times a month) you
    want to be, because there is no point killing yourself trying to
    learn a 30MB program with 400 menus that will do EVERYTHING when
    a free 300KB with 5 menus program is all you need.

    --
    "This is not nuclear. This is just a test."
    - illyria

    thanatoid, Aug 21, 2007
  10. Dan C

    Plato Guest