    in that range.

    can anyone suggest a good make/model please?

    tia

    Kenith, Nov 26, 2003

  2. Kenith

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Kenith wrote:

    > hi there
    >
    > i was hoping that someone may be able to help me to find a decent graphics
    > tablet that i could use for editing and touching up digital images in
    > photoshop 7.
    >
    > i have a limited budget of about £75 (£100 maybe at a real push) to get one.
    >
    > i have seen Wacom, Trust and Nisis grpahic tablets for sale (A6 to A4) size
    > in that range.
    >
    > can anyone suggest a good make/model please?
    >
    > tia

    Wacom is supposed to be the best, but for your money you would get a heck of a
    sized Nisis or trust. I have had both the last two and from what I could work
    out the trust was a rebranded nisis. I don't know what software you get with
    wacom but Nisis give you a prog called Artdabbler, which is not available for
    purchase elsewhere and which has a water tool that acts just like water, rather
    than just moving stuff around it seems to blend colours together much better
    than anything else I have ever tried.
    So, you'll gather that personally I'd go for the Nisis :O)

    --
    Paul.
    to look at

    Paul Heslop, Nov 26, 2003

  3. Kenith

    dslr Guest

    Kenith wrote:

    > hi there
    >
    > i was hoping that someone may be able to help me to find a decent graphics
    > tablet that i could use for editing and touching up digital images in
    > photoshop 7.
    >
    > i have a limited budget of about £75 (£100 maybe at a real push) to get one.
    >
    > i have seen Wacom, Trust and Nisis grpahic tablets for sale (A6 to A4) size
    > in that range.
    >
    > can anyone suggest a good make/model please?

    Dunno about the later versions of the Wacom Graphire (they're up to v3
    now) but I'm still very happy with my original Graphire. The mouse sucks
    and I've hardly ever used it, but the pen/tablet work just fine.

    The Graphire 2 runs at £70, the Graphire 3 Classic at £69. Those prices
    are from
    www.warehouseexpress.com.

    --
    regards,
    dslr

    dslr, Nov 26, 2003
  4. Kenith

    Nancy Guest

    'Aldi' have a Medion Graphics Tablet for £29.99 as advertised in latest
    ComputerActive Magazine. All the Medion equipment I've used on occasions
    tends to be decent quality

    Nancy, Nov 26, 2003
  5. Kenith

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Wacom. While the others might be good, they are a known company, and they
    support their customers, including new drivers every time they are needed
    because of a Windows change.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, Nov 26, 2003
  6. Kenith

    Kenith Guest

    > i have seen Wacom, Trust and Nisis grpahic tablets for sale (A6 to A4)
    size
    > in that range.
    >
    > can anyone suggest a good make/model please?
    >
    > tia

    The Wacom graphics tablet that I have seen has a pen resolution of about
    1000 lpi.. where as the Nisis has a resolution of 3000lpi. Is that going
    to make a lot of difference? Or should I just go for the Wacom because it
    is a better known brand and therefore the drivers etc get updated more?

    cheers

    Kenith, Nov 27, 2003
  7. Kenith

    Crownfield Guest

    Kenith wrote:

    > > i have seen Wacom, Trust and Nisis grpahic tablets for sale (A6 to A4)

    > size
    > > in that range.
    > >
    > > can anyone suggest a good make/model please?
    > >
    > > tia
    > >

    > The Wacom graphics tablet that I have seen has a pen resolution of about
    > 1000 lpi.. where as the Nisis has a resolution of 3000lpi. Is that going
    > to make a lot of difference? Or should I just go for the Wacom because it
    > is a better known brand and therefore the drivers etc get updated more?

    check aiptek.

    Crownfield, Nov 27, 2003
  8. Kenith

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Kenith wrote:

    > > i have seen Wacom, Trust and Nisis grpahic tablets for sale (A6 to A4)

    > size
    > > in that range.
    > >
    > > can anyone suggest a good make/model please?
    > >
    > > tia
    > >

    > The Wacom graphics tablet that I have seen has a pen resolution of about
    > 1000 lpi.. where as the Nisis has a resolution of 3000lpi. Is that going
    > to make a lot of difference? Or should I just go for the Wacom because it
    > is a better known brand and therefore the drivers etc get updated more?
    >
    > cheers

    As has been pointed out you will get a lot more Isis for your money, but the
    Wacoms are supposed to be better made and support is better. It's one of those
    horses for courses things.

    Paul Heslop, Nov 28, 2003
  9. Kenith

    Chris Hoopes Guest

    "Crownfield" <> wrote in message
    > Kenith wrote:
    > >
    > > > i have seen Wacom, Trust and Nisis grpahic tablets for sale (A6 to A4)

    > > size
    > > > in that range.
    > > >
    > > > can anyone suggest a good make/model please?
    > > >
    > > > tia
    > > >

    > > The Wacom graphics tablet that I have seen has a pen resolution of about
    > > 1000 lpi.. where as the Nisis has a resolution of 3000lpi. Is that

    going
    > > to make a lot of difference? Or should I just go for the Wacom because

    it
    > > is a better known brand and therefore the drivers etc get updated more?

    > check aiptek.
    >

    > > cheers

    I have the Aiptek tablet and find it to meet my needs.

    Chris Hoopes, Dec 5, 2003