    out for DVDs etc,any sugestions?
    T.I.A.,
    and thanks for replies to my previous post(s).
    S, Apr 6, 2004

  2. S

    ICee Guest

    S wrote:
    > On advice from this group,and hours of searching,
    > I have (I think) decided on
    > MSI K7N2 Delta M.Board,
    > Athlon XP2500,
    > Duel DDR 400,
    > I'm looking to spend about £100 on a Graphics card
    > but once again am totally spoilt for choice,I
    > don't really need gaming performance just good TV
    > out for DVDs etc,any sugestions?
    > T.I.A.,
    > and thanks for replies to my previous post(s).

    One of the ATI cards; any version of the 9200.
    http://www.ati.com/products/radeon9200/radeon9200/specs.html
    ICee, Apr 6, 2004

  3. S

    S Guest

    "ICee" <> wrote in message
    > S wrote:
    > > On advice from this group,and hours of

    searching,
    > > I have (I think) decided on
    > > MSI K7N2 Delta M.Board,
    > > Athlon XP2500,
    > > Duel DDR 400,
    > > I'm looking to spend about £100 on a Graphics

    card
    > > but once again am totally spoilt for choice,I
    > > don't really need gaming performance just good

    TV
    > > out for DVDs etc,any sugestions?
    > > T.I.A.,
    > > and thanks for replies to my previous post(s).

    > One of the ATI cards; any version of the 9200.

    http://www.ati.com/products/radeon9200/radeon9200/specs.html

    Thanks,
    looks good any preference between 64 or 128?
    sorry to sound thick but if if I don't ask, I
    geneaally Google for 3 days and still not sure!
    S, Apr 6, 2004
  4. S

    ICee Guest

    S wrote:
    > "ICee" <> wrote in message
    >> S wrote:
    >>> On advice from this group,and hours of searching,
    >>> I have (I think) decided on
    >>> MSI K7N2 Delta M.Board,
    >>> Athlon XP2500,
    >>> Duel DDR 400,
    >>> I'm looking to spend about £100 on a Graphics card
    >>> but once again am totally spoilt for choice,I
    >>> don't really need gaming performance just good TV
    >>> out for DVDs etc,any sugestions?
    >>> T.I.A.,
    >>> and thanks for replies to my previous post(s).

    >> One of the ATI cards; any version of the 9200.
    >>

    > http://www.ati.com/products/radeon9200/radeon9200/specs.html
    >>

    > Thanks,
    > looks good any preference between 64 or 128?
    > sorry to sound thick but if if I don't ask, I
    > geneaally Google for 3 days and still not sure!

    If you're not going to play any games, 64 MB is more than enough. If
    there's a chance you might want to play some of the newer games, then
    128 MB is best.
    ICee, Apr 6, 2004
  5. S

    S Guest

    "ICee" <> wrote in message
    > S wrote:
    > > "ICee" <> wrote in message

    searching,

    Graphics card

    choice,I

    good TV

    post(s).

    > >> One of the ATI cards; any version of the

    9200.

    http://www.ati.com/products/radeon9200/radeon9200/specs.html

    > > Thanks,
    > > looks good any preference between 64 or 128?
    > > sorry to sound thick but if if I don't ask, I
    > > geneaally Google for 3 days and still not

    sure!

    > If you're not going to play any games, 64 MB is

    more than enough. If
    > there's a chance you might want to play some of

    the newer games, then
    > 128 MB is best.

    Thanks,so little difference in price I thought
    there was a catch.
    S, Apr 6, 2004
  6. S

    Derek Guest

    S wrote:

    > "ICee" <> wrote in message
    > > S wrote:
    > > > "ICee" <> wrote in message

    > searching,

    > Graphics card

    > choice,I

    > good TV

    > post(s).

    > 9200.
    > > >>

    > http://www.ati.com/products/radeon9200/radeon9200/specs.html
    > > >>
    > > > Thanks,
    > > > looks good any preference between 64 or 128?
    > > > sorry to sound thick but if if I don't ask, I
    > > > geneaally Google for 3 days and still not

    > sure!
    > >
    > > If you're not going to play any games, 64 MB is

    > more than enough. If
    > > there's a chance you might want to play some of

    > the newer games, then
    > > 128 MB is best.
    > >

    > Thanks,so little difference in price I thought
    > there was a catch.

    What about resolution and refresh rate? Which card will give me the
    best of both?
    Derek, Apr 6, 2004
  7. S

    ICee Guest

    S wrote:
    > "ICee" <> wrote in message
    >> S wrote:
    >>> "ICee" <> wrote in message

    > http://www.ati.com/products/radeon9200/radeon9200/specs.html
    >>>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> looks good any preference between 64 or 128?
    >>> sorry to sound thick but if if I don't ask, I
    >>> geneaally Google for 3 days and still not sure!

    >> If you're not going to play any games, 64 MB is more than enough. If
    >> there's a chance you might want to play some of the newer games, then
    >> 128 MB is best.
    >>

    > Thanks,so little difference in price I thought
    > there was a catch.

    No, all specs are identical, with the only difference being the amount
    of on card memory. Again, you will only notice a difference if playing
    newer games, but since the price difference is so small, I would get the
    128 MB unit (just in case I wanted to play games later on :) ).
    ICee, Apr 6, 2004
  8. S

    David Wood Guest

    > What about resolution and refresh rate? Which card will give me the
    > best of both?

    If your primary function is to show DVDs on your TV, you would want a
    card that correctly outputs at 720x480 if you're in the USA. That
    ensures that the aspect ratio will be correct on your TV, and that the
    overscanning will be correct as well.
    David Wood, Apr 6, 2004