    As a caveat I must also mention that I also do video capture and
    editing and so I must be concerned with this application also
    , Nov 21, 2003

  2. PPH Guest

    What application are you using to edit photos? For photo editing the video
    is not the most important component. I would look at the hard drives and
    system memory. Fist off, use XP, if you are using photoshop. load the system
    up with 2 GB of RAM. I use three drives in the systems. I use one drive for
    the OS and boot, then I use a raid (striped for performance) with fast
    drives for the data drive. With photoshop this is very important. This drive
    will then the scratch disk which will increase performance. You never run
    photoshop in a single drive configuration.
    PPH, Nov 21, 2003

  3. Guest

    On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:21:25 -0600, "PPH" <> wrote:

    >What application are you using to edit photos? For photo editing the video
    >is not the most important component. I would look at the hard drives and
    >system memory. Fist off, use XP, if you are using photoshop. load the system
    >up with 2 GB of RAM. I use three drives in the systems. I use one drive for
    >the OS and boot, then I use a raid (striped for performance) with fast
    >drives for the data drive. With photoshop this is very important. This drive
    >will then the scratch disk which will increase performance. You never run
    >photoshop in a single drive configuration.

    I am using PS CS and yes I have 2 drives. Each 120 gig. However,
    there is a discussion of graphics cards on FredMiranda.com and there
    seems to be a consensus that Matrox is a particularly good card for
    use for photo editing
    , Nov 22, 2003
  4. Night_Seer Guest

    wrote:
    > On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:21:25 -0600, "PPH" <> wrote:
    >
    >> What application are you using to edit photos? For photo editing the
    >> video is not the most important component. I would look at the hard
    >> drives and system memory. Fist off, use XP, if you are using
    >> photoshop. load the system up with 2 GB of RAM. I use three drives
    >> in the systems. I use one drive for the OS and boot, then I use a
    >> raid (striped for performance) with fast drives for the data drive.
    >> With photoshop this is very important. This drive will then the
    >> scratch disk which will increase performance. You never run
    >> photoshop in a single drive configuration.
    >>

    > I am using PS CS and yes I have 2 drives. Each 120 gig. However,
    > there is a discussion of graphics cards on FredMiranda.com and there
    > seems to be a consensus that Matrox is a particularly good card for
    > use for photo editing

    Matrox cards seem to have some of the best 2D graphics as far as I've
    heard, though I haven't seen it myself. Plus they have some cards that
    do 3 monitors.

    --
    Night_Seer
    Night_Seer, Nov 24, 2003
  5. Thor Guest

    I used to have a Matrox G200 years ago, and it did indeed seem to have
    better picture quality than most cards I have used, or seen.

    Thor, Nov 24, 2003