    the best gaming computer on the planet.
    Is this true. Have laptops reached this type of speed?
    , Jan 14, 2006

  2. Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    spewed forth:
    > I have a cousin who has more money than brains.
    > He just bought an Alien laptop for an obscene amount of money and
    > claims it's the best gaming computer on the planet.
    > Is this true. Have laptops reached this type of speed?

    Alienware is the best he's gonna get. But whether it compares to a desktop?
    Hmmm....PCI-Express video, 64 bit processors, dual drive RAID array, yeah,
    it's good. <grin>

    --
    Regardless of Public Law No. 109-162 I hereby affirm that it is
    probably my intent to annoy the reader of this post. Get over it.
    Toolman Tim, Jan 14, 2006

  3. FML Guest

    wrote:
    > I have a cousin who has more money than brains.
    > He just bought an Alien laptop for an obscene amount of money and claims it's
    > the best gaming computer on the planet.
    > Is this true. Have laptops reached this type of speed?

    He needs to rephrase: "It is the best gaming *laptop* on the planet".

    Alienware's own Aurora ALX desktop is a better gaming machine than any
    of their laptops.

    <http://alienware.com/product_detail_pages/Aurora_ALX/alx_features.aspx?SysCode=PC-AURORA-ALX-R2&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT>

    or

    http://tinyurl.com/8whj7
    FML, Jan 15, 2006
  4. Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    FML spewed forth:
    > wrote:
    >> I have a cousin who has more money than brains.
    >> He just bought an Alien laptop for an obscene amount of money and
    >> claims it's the best gaming computer on the planet.
    >> Is this true. Have laptops reached this type of speed?
    >>

    > He needs to rephrase: "It is the best gaming *laptop* on the planet".
    >
    > Alienware's own Aurora ALX desktop is a better gaming machine than any
    > of their laptops.
    >
    > <http://alienware.com/product_detail_pages/Aurora_ALX/alx_features.aspx?SysCode=PC-AURORA-ALX-R2&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT>
    >
    > or
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/8whj7

    Agreed - I meant to say that <g>

    Truth is though, that their top-end laptops are exceptional. Heck, add a
    second CPU and a little more memory, and they'd match the servers I have at
    work ;o)

    Toolman Tim, Jan 15, 2006
  5. FML Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > In news:,
    > FML spewed forth:
    >> wrote:
    >>> I have a cousin who has more money than brains.
    >>> He just bought an Alien laptop for an obscene amount of money and
    >>> claims it's the best gaming computer on the planet.
    >>> Is this true. Have laptops reached this type of speed?
    >>>

    >> He needs to rephrase: "It is the best gaming *laptop* on the planet".
    >>
    >> Alienware's own Aurora ALX desktop is a better gaming machine than any
    >> of their laptops.
    >>
    >> <http://alienware.com/product_detail_pages/Aurora_ALX/alx_features.aspx?SysCode=PC-AURORA-ALX-R2&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT>
    >>
    >> or
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/8whj7

    > Agreed - I meant to say that <g>
    >
    > Truth is though, that their top-end laptops are exceptional. Heck, add a
    > second CPU and a little more memory, and they'd match the servers I have at
    > work ;o)

    They truly are exceptional. A good friend of mine has one. Two
    drawbacks: It weighs over 10 lbs and gets horrible battery life (makes
    sense with all the bells and whistles).
    FML, Jan 15, 2006
  6. Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    FML spewed forth:
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >> In news:,
    >> FML spewed forth:
    >>>>

    >>> He needs to rephrase: "It is the best gaming *laptop* on the
    >>> planet". Alienware's own Aurora ALX desktop is a better gaming machine
    >>> than
    >>> any of their laptops.
    >>>
    >>> <http://alienware.com/product_detail_pages/Aurora_ALX/alx_features.aspx?SysCode=PC-AURORA-ALX-R2&SubCode=SKU-DEFAULT>
    >>>
    >>> or
    >>>
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/8whj7

    >> Agreed - I meant to say that <g>
    >>
    >> Truth is though, that their top-end laptops are exceptional. Heck,
    >> add a second CPU and a little more memory, and they'd match the
    >> servers I have at work ;o)
    >>

    > They truly are exceptional. A good friend of mine has one. Two
    > drawbacks: It weighs over 10 lbs and gets horrible battery life (makes
    > sense with all the bells and whistles).

    Yeah - I'd bet! Not the kind of thing one would choose for a travelling exec
    on the airlines every day. But for LAN parties? Hmmm...nice.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 15, 2006