  1. Simpledog

    Simpledog Guest

    Any suggestions?

    Simpledog, Dec 5, 2004

  2. Simpledog wrote:

    > Any suggestions?

    Use UNIX! Just kidding, well kinda, I use Snort but I am not sure if you can
    get it on Winblows. It is pretty good though. It will automatical update
    itself with the latest attack/scan/etc signatures and is maintained by
    many.

    -- Michael

    Michael J. Pelletier, Dec 5, 2004

  3. Simpledog

    Don Kelloway Guest

    "Simpledog" <> wrote in message
    > Any suggestions?

    "Snort is an open source network intrusion detection system, capable of
    performing real-time traffic analysis and packet logging on IP networks. It
    can perform protocol analysis, content searching/matching and can be used to
    detect a variety of attacks and probes, such as buffer overflows, stealth
    port scans, CGI attacks, SMB probes, OS fingerprinting attempts, and much
    more."

    It's free and it runs on Windows XP. Learn more about it at
    http://www.snort.org/

    --
    Best regards, from Don Kelloway of Commodon Communications
    Visit http://www.commodon.com to learn about the "Threats to Your Security

    Don Kelloway, Dec 5, 2004