Best freeware windows program to harvest all Exif metadata

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by David Remley Photography, Jul 3, 2008.

  1. It would be nice to have a thread just on the best Windows freeware program
    to harvest all Exif metadata contained in a digital photograph.

    The criteria for this list would be
    A) Windows GUI
    B) Freeware license
    C) JPEG input
    D) Exif output

    Whichever program harvests the MOST Exif data wins!

    I nominate, for consideration by the group, Exif Harvester
    http://forrestcroce.com/Software/ExifHarvester.html

    Exif Harvester is pretty simple to use - you drag-and-drop ( or just open )
    files and folders, then it'll read the most important exif data, like the
    shutter speed, aperture and ISO sensativity level, what program mode ( Av,
    Tv, M, P ) you used and whether there was any exposure compensation, and
    the focal length.

    Exif Harvester freeware writes this out as csv, xml, or html, so you can
    analyze your shooting habits in Excel, Access, or whatever you're
    comfortable with.

    What other Exif output windows freeware should we consider as the best?
    David Remley Photography, Jul 3, 2008

  2. David Remley Photography

    nospam Guest

    In article <CF0bk.10974$>, David Remley
    Photography <> wrote:

    > It would be nice to have a thread just on the best Windows freeware program
    > to harvest all Exif metadata contained in a digital photograph.
    >
    > The criteria for this list would be
    > A) Windows GUI
    > B) Freeware license
    > C) JPEG input
    > D) Exif output
    >
    > Whichever program harvests the MOST Exif data wins!

    without a doubt, exiftool and someone wrote a windows gui front end for
    it.

    > I nominate, for consideration by the group, Exif Harvester
    > http://forrestcroce.com/Software/ExifHarvester.html

    you might want to check it before nominating it, because that reaches a
    suspended account.
    nospam, Jul 3, 2008

  3. David Remley Photography

    Susan Guest

    On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 02:28:03 -0700, nospam wrote:

    >> I nominate, for consideration by the group, Exif Harvester
    >> http://forrestcroce.com/Software/ExifHarvester.html

    > you might want to check it before nominating it, because that reaches a
    > suspended account.

    The download worked for me but the install failed to do anything.
    Maybe I just don't know how to use the ExifHarvestor program correctly?
    Susan, Jul 3, 2008