Best free (preferably FOSS) viewer for SVG files under WinXP?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Alan, Oct 23, 2007.

  1. Alan

    Alan Guest

    Hi Guys,

    Looking for a recommendation for viewing SVG files under WinXP.

    I have tried Irfan View, but it doesn't render on screen as nicely as
    IE does (at least for the images I was looking at on Wikipedia).

    Free is a must, open source would be a major bonus.

    Thanks,
    --

    Alan.

    else associated with me.

    My current valid email address is:

    email address.

    ewygchvboocno43vb674b6nq46tvb

    Alan, Oct 23, 2007

  2. Alan

    Allistar Guest

    Alan wrote:

    > Hi Guys,
    >
    > Looking for a recommendation for viewing SVG files under WinXP.
    >
    > I have tried Irfan View, but it doesn't render on screen as nicely as
    > IE does (at least for the images I was looking at on Wikipedia).
    >
    > Free is a must, open source would be a major bonus.
    >
    > Thanks,

    From memory recent versions of Firefox could render SVG.
    --
    A.

    Allistar, Oct 23, 2007

  3. In message <ffjje2$9t5$>, Alan wrote:

    > Looking for a recommendation for viewing SVG files under WinXP.

    ImageMagick can do it.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 23, 2007
  4. Alan

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "Alan" <> wrote in news:ffjje2$9t5$:

    > Free is a must, open source would be a major bonus.

    XNView can do them.

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Oct 23, 2007
  5. Alan

    Alan Guest

    Hi Alistair,

    Thanks for the quick response.

    I should have been more explicit - I am looking for something that can
    display them other than my browser (IE certainly displays SVG okay,
    and I imagine if I try it at home, FF will too).

    Thanks,

    Alan, Oct 23, 2007
  6. Alan

    Alan Guest

    Thanks Lawrence - I will check it out.

    --

    Alan.

    else associated with me.

    My current valid email address is:

    email address.

    ewygchvboocno43vb674b6nq46tvb

    "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in
    message news:ffjpgc$g8p$...

    Alan, Oct 23, 2007
  7. Alan

    Alan Guest

    Thanks Dave - I actually had an old version of XNView from years ago,
    so I should have thought of that myself. I'll get the latest version
    and see what it can do.

    Alan, Oct 23, 2007
  8. In message <fflqln$kk0$>, Alan wrote:

    > Thanks Lawrence - I will check it out.

    And while you're at it, don't top-post.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 24, 2007
  9. Alan

    Alan Guest

    {Grin}

    I lost my OE-Quotefix when I changed PCs at work and haven't
    re-installed it so I currently a bad netizen, but I agree with you
    wholehearedly!

    --

    Alan.

    else associated with me.

    My current valid email address is:

    email address.

    ewygchvboocno43vb674b6nq46tvb

    "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in
    message news:ffmtg5$i6e$...

    Alan, Oct 24, 2007