best free image editor?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Russell Smithies, Dec 20, 2003.

  1. Russell Smithies

    Invisible Guest

    On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 19:45:19 -0800, K <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 22:42:23 +1300, Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:

    >>> paintshop pro v5
    >>> This was free on a Aus comp mag about a month or so ago

    >>Only if registered at the time.
    >>
    >>PSP3 is unlimited shareware (never expires)

    >Any idea where i can down load psp3?

    I may have it on some old magazine CDs. It's limited compared to v5, but still
    pretty decent. Layering started at v4 from memory.

    Invisible, Dec 22, 2003

  2. Russell Smithies

    bambam Guest

    K <> wrote in

    >>Only if registered at the time.
    >>
    >>PSP3 is unlimited shareware (never expires)

    > Any idea where i can down load psp3?

    After a quick Google, here is one place-

    http://www.pagetutor.com/pagetutor/makapage/psp/

    ;o)

    --
    One reason to smile is that every seven minutes of every day, someone
    in an aerobics class pulls a hamstring.

    bambam, Dec 22, 2003

  3. Russell Smithies

    T.N.O. Guest

    K wrote:
    > Any idea where i can down load psp3?

    kickme.to/fosi maybe?

    T.N.O., Dec 22, 2003
  4. Russell Smithies

    K Guest

    K, Dec 23, 2003
  5. Russell Smithies

    Kookaburra Guest

    On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 19:45:19 -0800, K <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 22:42:23 +1300, Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:
    >
    >Any idea where i can down load psp3?

    PSP3 & 4
    http://www.pagetutor.com/download.html

    Cheers, Kooky

    Kookaburra, Dec 23, 2003
  6. Russell Smithies

    Mike Dee Guest

    In article <>, GraB wrote:
    > On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 22:42:23 +1300, Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:

    >>> paintshop pro v5
    >>> This was free on a Aus comp mag about a month or so ago

    >>Only if registered at the time.
    >>

    > It is on December APC mag. Does require online registration.

    While the OL rego is no big deal, a UK mag [Practical Web Projects]
    gave out the full PSP5 for nix and *no* OL rego in their "issue 12" mag,
    no date on it sorry, got it a couple of mnths back.

    They have a hotline for back issues [UK] 01454 642442 or email:

    Mike Dee, Dec 25, 2003
  7. Russell Smithies

    Mike Dee Guest

    In article <bs7h09$adfbs$-berlin.de>, T.N.O. wrote:
    > K wrote:
    >> Any idea where i can down load psp3?

    > kickme.to/fosi maybe?

    Yeah, sure Doris.

    I *do* have a copy of PSP3 and obviously unbeknown to HRH TNO it's
    shareware. It still comes up with a nag screen, but it keeps on truckin'
    I can *legally* send it on "as distributed" no probleemo. Give us a buzz,
    mdtemporary*AT*hotmail.com - substitute *AT* for @

    Mike Dee, Dec 25, 2003
  8. Russell Smithies

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Mike Dee" <> wrote in message
    > In article <bs7h09$adfbs$-berlin.de>, T.N.O. wrote:
    > > K wrote:
    > >> Any idea where i can down load psp3?

    > > kickme.to/fosi maybe?

    > Yeah, sure Doris.
    >
    > I *do* have a copy of PSP3 and obviously unbeknown to HRH TNO it's
    > shareware. It still comes up with a nag screen, but it keeps on truckin'
    > I can *legally* send it on "as distributed" no probleemo. Give us a buzz,
    > mdtemporary*AT*hotmail.com - substitute *AT* for @

    I remember that version. You're right, there was no limit as to how long
    you could use it for.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Dec 25, 2003
  9. Russell Smithies

    T.N.O. Guest

    Mike Dee wrote:
    >>>Any idea where i can down load psp3?

    >>kickme.to/fosi maybe?

    > Yeah, sure Doris.
    > I *do* have a copy of PSP3 and obviously unbeknown to HRH TNO it's
    > shareware. It still comes up with a nag screen, but it keeps on truckin'
    > I can *legally* send it on "as distributed" no probleemo. Give us a buzz,
    > mdtemporary*AT*hotmail.com - substitute *AT* for @

    It was a suggestion, someone asked, I offered a possible avenue, dont be
    such an arse.

    T.N.O., Dec 26, 2003
  10. Russell Smithies

    Mike Dee Guest

    On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 11:04:21 +1300, "T.N.O."
    <> wrote:

    >>>kickme.to/fosi maybe?

    >> Yeah, sure Doris.
    >> I *do* have a copy of PSP3 and obviously unbeknown to HRH TNO it's
    >> shareware. It still comes up with a nag screen, but it keeps on truckin'
    >> I can *legally* send it on "as distributed" no probleemo. Give us a buzz,
    >> mdtemporary*AT*hotmail.com - substitute *AT* for @

    >It was a suggestion, someone asked, I offered a possible avenue, dont be
    >such an arse.

    "kickme.to/fosi" is a valid possibility? Then call *me* an arse?

    tsk, tsk.

    Mike Dee, Dec 27, 2003
  11. Russell Smithies

    T.N.O. Guest

    Mike Dee wrote:

    > On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 11:04:21 +1300, "T.N.O."
    > <> wrote:

    >>>Yeah, sure Doris.
    >>>I *do* have a copy of PSP3 and obviously unbeknown to HRH TNO it's
    >>>shareware. It still comes up with a nag screen, but it keeps on truckin'
    >>>I can *legally* send it on "as distributed" no probleemo. Give us a buzz,
    >>>mdtemporary*AT*hotmail.com - substitute *AT* for @

    >>It was a suggestion, someone asked, I offered a possible avenue, dont be
    >>such an arse.

    > "kickme.to/fosi" is a valid possibility? Then call *me* an arse?
    > tsk, tsk.

    depending on morals, it could well be an option, I've since checked, and
    it isn't there...

    You could have said "I would not like dodgy software on my machine"
    rather than "Yeah, sure Doris. I *do* have a copy of PSP3 and obviously
    unbeknown to HRH TNO it's shareware." It would have been much more polite.

    T.N.O., Dec 27, 2003
  12. Russell Smithies

    Mike Dee Guest

    "T.N.O." <> wrote in

    >>>It was a suggestion, someone asked, I offered a possible avenue, dont
    >>>be such an arse.

    >> "kickme.to/fosi" is a valid possibility? Then call *me* an arse?
    >> tsk, tsk.

    > depending on morals, it could well be an option, I've since checked,
    > and it isn't there...

    What isn't there? PSP3, or your morals? ;)

    > You could have said "I would not like dodgy software on my machine"
    > rather than "Yeah, sure Doris. I *do* have a copy of PSP3 and
    > obviously unbeknown to HRH TNO it's shareware." It would have been
    > much more polite.

    There's nothing "dodgy" about obtaining a copy of PSP3, I knew this, you
    didn't, and made that point clear. Not my prob Dor.. erm, I mean TNO.

    The following is snipped from PSP3's distribution shareware notice:

    **/
    Distributing

    You are encouraged to pass a copy of the shareware version of Paint Shop
    Pro along to your friends for evaluation.

    If you do so, you must provide them with the entire set of Paint Shop Pro
    shareware version files...
    /**

    The word *encouraged* should be clear enough, perhaps? Anyhoo, it's no big
    deal, version 3 of PSP is a really old [16 bit] prog now, I don't use it
    myself, but I do have a copy on an old 'zine CD and am *happy* to give/send
    it to anyone who might find a use for it.

    Mike Dee, Dec 27, 2003