    I am using Convert2DVD 4 to create DVD movies NTSC but when I attempt to
    watch them on TV I get nothing or a msg that states something like "No
    Video". I can play these movies fine on my computer.

    Artreid, Dec 16, 2009

  2. Artreid

    chuckcar Guest

    "Artreid" <> wrote in
    news:hgb4pu$hp1$:

    > What is the best format to create DVD movies that might actually work
    > when attempting to watch on TV?
    >
    > I am using Convert2DVD 4 to create DVD movies NTSC but when I attempt
    > to watch them on TV I get nothing or a msg that states something like
    > "No Video". I can play these movies fine on my computer.

    MPEG-1 compression for the video and pcm (wave) for the audio. Perhaps
    ac3 would work for audio as well. There is no other DVD standard. Other
    compression formats work on computers because you have the codecs for
    decompression of others, but they then are no longer DVD's in the strict
    sense.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Dec 16, 2009

  3. Artreid

    83LowRider Guest

    "Artreid" wrote

    > What is the best format to create DVD movies that might actually work when
    > attempting to watch on TV?
    >
    > I am using Convert2DVD 4 to create DVD movies NTSC but when I attempt to
    > watch them on TV I get nothing or a msg that states something like "No
    > Video". I can play these movies fine on my computer.

    You do not state what format your original video is in.

    That said, if the video is just for you, I'd get a Phillips dvd player
    (from $40-$90) that will play virtually any format you throw at it.
    That includes everything from jpgs to avi files, cds and dvds..
    The 50 dollar and up versions also have a USB port to play from
    a jump drive, or from an external hard drive, as long as it's
    Fat32 formatted.

    83LowRider, Dec 16, 2009
  4. Artreid

    Tony Guest

    Your dvd player must be at least 8 years old if it can't play a dvd made on a
    computer. Use DVD-R discs instead of DVD+R blanks. The older dvd players won't
    play DVD+R only DVD-R.

    Artreid wrote:

    > What is the best format to create DVD movies that might actually work when
    > attempting to watch on TV?
    >
    > I am using Convert2DVD 4 to create DVD movies NTSC but when I attempt to
    > watch them on TV I get nothing or a msg that states something like "No
    > Video". I can play these movies fine on my computer.

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    manners

    Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first day
    on the job for potty mouth,

    the realm of understandability

    Tony, Dec 17, 2009
  5. Artreid

    Tony Guest

    Chuck i can for once honestly state the guy asking the question is as out to
    lunch as you are.

    Tony, Dec 17, 2009
  6. Artreid

    Me Guest

    "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    > "Artreid" <> wrote in
    >
    >> What is the best format to create DVD movies that might actually work
    >> when attempting to watch on TV?
    >>
    >> I am using Convert2DVD 4 to create DVD movies NTSC but when I attempt
    >> to watch them on TV I get nothing or a msg that states something like
    >> "No Video". I can play these movies fine on my computer.
    >>

    >" MPEG-1 compression for the video <snip>There is no other DVD standard. "

    Actually the video inside DVD VOB files is MPEG2, not 1. You can use MPEG1
    to make
    Video CDs.

    Me, Dec 17, 2009
  7. Artreid

    Me Guest

    "Artreid" <> wrote in message
    > What is the best format to create DVD movies that might actually work when
    > attempting to watch on TV?
    >
    > I am using Convert2DVD 4 to create DVD movies NTSC but when I attempt to
    > watch them on TV I get nothing or a msg that states something like "No
    > Video". I can play these movies fine on my computer.

    If you are using MPEG4/DIVX files,you can Convert them to VOB files using
    VSO DivX to DVD Converter. It creates VIDEO_TS folders which you can open
    with DVD Shrink to create a DVD image which you can then burn to DVD.

    Me, Dec 17, 2009
  8. Artreid

    Artreid Guest

    Tony,
    Why is there always an individual like you in every NG? As intelligent as
    you seem to be you, could be so much more effective assisting newbie's with
    answers rather than sarcastic quips...

    It seems a terrible waste.

    Ya, and we know this will probably start an onslaught of follow-up responses
    from you, That I nor anyone else should bother to respond to...

    Artreid, Dec 18, 2009
  9. Artreid

    chuckcar Guest

    "Artreid" <> wrote in

    > Tony,
    > Why is there always an individual like you in every NG? As intelligent
    > as you seem to be you, could be so much more effective assisting
    > newbie's with answers rather than sarcastic quips...
    >
    > It seems a terrible waste.
    >
    > Ya, and we know this will probably start an onslaught of follow-up
    > to...

    He's my own personal troll - has been for about ten years now. The up
    side is that he's barely competent at it.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Dec 18, 2009
  10. Artreid

    chuckcar Guest

    ~BD~ <> wrote in

    > On 18/12/2009 22:37, Artreid wrote:
    >>
    >> It seems a terrible waste.

    > You are quite right, Artreid!
    >
    > There are lots of idiots here, but some very clever and helpful folk
    > too.
    >
    > If you recall, 'twas me who suggested you ask in this group. (gulp!)
    >
    > I hope some of the comments made have been helpful, at least to some
    > degree.

    Well you don't get good advice with censorship. It's too easy to cut the
    right advice because it doesn't come out all sanitary. Unfortunately it
    too often comes down to the OP to decide who the nuts are in an
    environment where they have no program or even credits listing the
    players.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Dec 19, 2009
  11. Artreid

    chuckcar Guest

    ~BD~ <> wrote in

    > On 19/12/2009 06:00, chuckcar wrote:
    >> Well you don't get good advice with censorship. It's too easy to cut
    >> the right advice because it doesn't come out all sanitary.
    >> Unfortunately it too often comes down to the OP to decide who the
    >> nuts are in an environment where they have no program or even credits
    >> listing the players.
    >>

    > You must forgive me - I've no idea, really, about your own 'nick' and
    > signature, Chuckie!
    >
    > Maybe you'll explain to me one day, eh? ;)

    It's a "word" play based on lisp. car() in lisp is the rest of a linked
    list, nil is a list with only one entry - a null pointer. setq is an
    assignment operator in lisp. So car(chuck) is undefined as is the domain
    and "email address" in my nick. It's not technically lisp as there is a
    punctuation character left out, but other than that, it's valid lisp
    code it just would result in an error due to the undefined value.

    Or to simplify, the email address doesn't exist.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Dec 19, 2009
  12. Artreid

    chuckcar Guest

    ~BD~ <> wrote in

    > On 19/12/2009 17:58, chuckcar wrote:
    >> ~BD~<> wrote in

    >>> signature, Chuckie!
    >>>
    >>> Maybe you'll explain to me one day, eh? ;)
    >>>

    >> It's a "word" play based on lisp. car() in lisp is the rest of a
    >> linked list, nil is a list with only one entry - a null pointer. setq
    >> is an assignment operator in lisp. So car(chuck) is undefined as is
    >> the domain and "email address" in my nick. It's not technically lisp
    >> as there is a punctuation character left out, but other than that,
    >> it's valid lisp code it just would result in an error due to the
    >> undefined value.
    >>
    >> Or to simplify, the email address doesn't exist.

    > Are you telling me that, regardless of what others on this group might
    > say, you actually are a bright spark?

    There are a *lot* of posters here. Not all of them use only one nick - unlike
    me. By not doing that, they appear to make a concensus. There's also kids with
    nothing better to do and parents that are derilict in their duties. Such is
    the anarchy of usenet today. Now you're starting to see the point I made about
    going into a show without a program I trust.

    A further point: relying on unknown people for opinions on another unknown person
    is far from the best way to judge people in any situation.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Dec 19, 2009
  13. Artreid

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 18:56:28 +0000, chuckcar wrote:
    > concensus
    > derilict

    Still not sorted out your spill chucker, chuckie?

    --
    Like one that on a lonesome road Doth walk in fear and dread,
    And having once turned round walks on, And turns no more his head,

    Aardvark, Dec 19, 2009
  14. Artreid

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 14:27:43 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 21:41:20 +0000 (UTC), Aardvark
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Still not sorted out your spill chucker, chuckie?

    > I still think he doesn't have one based on the number of words he spells
    > incorrectly.

    Ditto.

    He talks nonsence. :)

    Aardvark, Dec 19, 2009