Best file downloader without spyware ?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Howard Johnson, Aug 20, 2003.

  1. Howard Johnson, Aug 20, 2003

  2. Howard Johnson

    k y l e Guest

    "Jeremy" <> wrote in message
    news:bhu9kt$a2f$...
    > Best file downloader without spyware ?

    GetRight
    k y l e, Aug 20, 2003

  3. Howard Johnson

    Patrick Bold Guest

    "Robert Mathews" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:22:54 +1200, "k y l e" <> wrote:
    >

    > >"Jeremy" <> wrote in message
    > >> Best file downloader without spyware ?
    > >>

    > >GetRight
    > >

    > Full of Spyware..

    Here's a tip. When the installation program asks if you want to install
    the spyware packaged with Getright (Gator), click no.
    Patrick Bold, Aug 20, 2003
  4. Howard Johnson

    k y l e Guest

    "Invisible" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:51:06 +1200, Robert Mathews

    <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:22:54 +1200, "k y l e" <> wrote:
    > >

    > >>"Jeremy" <> wrote in message
    > >>>

    > >>GetRight
    > >>

    > >Full of Spyware..

    > Utter Crap(c) Adaware & Spybot detect nothing on mine.

    My sentiments exactly. I have both Spybot and Ad Aware 6.0, and I am running
    a clean machine. Maybe it depends on which version of Get Right you are
    running. I am using version 4.5d. Maybe they introduced Gator / some spyware
    package into later versions? If this is the case, I'm sure glad I didn't
    upgrade :)
    k y l e, Aug 20, 2003
  5. Howard Johnson

    Maxine Guest

    Deffaintly Reget Deluxe

    FreshDownload (which is free) just make sure you signup with a free hotmail
    account when you register it, as they swam you with spam advertising their
    other products.

    Maxine, Aug 20, 2003
  6. Howard Johnson

    Mutley Guest

    "Maxine" <> wrote:

    >Deffaintly Reget Deluxe
    >
    >FreshDownload (which is free) just make sure you signup with a free hotmail
    >account when you register it, as they swam you with spam advertising their
    >other products.

    I have used this for the past couple of years. Good downloader. I
    have never recieved any "spam" from them..
    Mutley, Aug 20, 2003
  7. Howard Johnson

    Kookaburra Guest

    Kookaburra, Aug 20, 2003
  8. Howard Johnson

    madknoxie Guest

    In article <bhu9kt$a2f$>,
    "Jeremy" <> wrote:

    > Best file downloader without spyware ?

    I'm a little surprise no one has said this yet, so I will: 'wget'

    --
    madknoxie
    madknoxie, Aug 20, 2003
  9. On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 13:00:25 +1200, Invisible <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:51:06 +1200, Robert Mathews <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:22:54 +1200, "k y l e" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Jeremy" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>>GetRight
    >>>

    >>Full of Spyware..

    >Utter Crap(c) Adaware & Spybot detect nothing on mine.

    So you know it all, what a Joke you are..
    Robert Mathews, Aug 20, 2003
  10. On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 03:54:33 GMT, Mutley <> wrote:

    >Robert Mathews <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:22:54 +1200, "k y l e" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Jeremy" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>>GetRight
    >>>

    >>Full of Spyware..
    >>

    >Reget..

    Yes that is what I use.
    Robert Mathews, Aug 20, 2003
  11. Howard Johnson

    samg Guest

    Mutley <> wrote in

    > "Maxine" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Deffaintly Reget Deluxe
    >>
    >>FreshDownload (which is free) just make sure you signup with a free
    >>hotmail account when you register it, as they swam you with spam
    >>advertising their other products.
    >>

    > I have used this for the past couple of years. Good downloader. I
    > have never recieved any "spam" from them..

    yeah I use fresh as well, awesome lil program. Not only no spyware, but no
    banner ads either.
    samg, Aug 20, 2003
  12. Howard Johnson

    Keith Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > "Maxine" <> wrote:
    >
    > >Deffaintly Reget Deluxe
    > >
    > >FreshDownload (which is free) just make sure you signup with a free hotmail
    > >account when you register it, as they swam you with spam advertising their
    > >other products.
    > >

    > I have used this for the past couple of years. Good downloader. I
    > have never recieved any "spam" from them..

    I tried a Fresh product as well and also started to get spamed with their
    advertising (luckly also to a Yahoo address).

    I don't think anyone has mentioned LeechGet, another freeware package
    with no "extras" as far as I know.
    Keith, Aug 20, 2003
  13. Howard Johnson

    samg Guest

    (Steve Robertson) wrote in news:3f4312a3$1
    @news.compass.net.nz:

    >>Best file downloader without spyware ?
    >>

    > Lots of progs suggested.
    > What ones will shut down the PC after download??

    most do these days, I use freshdownload.

    http://www.freshdevices.com/
    samg, Aug 20, 2003
  14. Howard Johnson

    Jeremy Guest

    Best file downloader without spyware ?
    Jeremy, Aug 20, 2003
  15. Howard Johnson

    Fishb8 Guest

    Hi Jeremy
    Roy here, on your very clean, old machine. See you're learning to keep
    yourself clean but the process is never ending. It's surprising how much
    "spyware" comes with normal equipment. The MS mouse (and their keyboards)
    have spyware that connect up. Couldn't figure why but I blocked it at my
    firewall.
    All the best.

    Roy Price - May the Fish be with you!

    Fishb8, Aug 20, 2003