    Nightmare Before Christmas
    Santana - Supernatural Live

    Any others?
    Sam, Sep 30, 2003

  2. Sam

    Writer R5 Guest

    I think Attack Of The Clones is a good Demo disc. Another one is The Fifth
    Element: Superbit. Both Lord Of The Rings films, Pearl Harbor, Die Another Day,
    T2: Extreme DVD Edition, Sleeping Beauty, Farscape, Gladiator, and as a gernal
    rule, sci-fi, fantasy, action, and sometimes horror pictures tend to take
    advantage of picture and sound more because of the nature of the effects than
    say a drama or comedy. Note though that this is not absolute and some older
    films may look better than ever, but are not demo material.
    GENRE ONLINE.NET: The Web Resource For Home Video Entertainment & More
    http://www.genreonline.net
    Mark A. Rivera - Writer/Reviewer/Editor/Webmaster
    Writer R5, Sep 30, 2003

  3. Jurassic Park 3
    Babe (latest WS DTS version)
    Fellowship (EE)

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor
    Grand Inquisitor, Sep 30, 2003
  4. Sam

    Mark W Guest

    "Sam" <> wrote in message
    > I apologize in advance for asking what has probably been asked many times
    > before...
    >
    > What are the best DVDs for sound/picture quality - the kind of DVD that
    > shows off an HDTV/Home Theatre set-up? Is there a list or a website with a
    > top 100 list?
    >
    > My personal favourites so far:
    >
    > Moulin Rouge
    > Nightmare Before Christmas
    > Santana - Supernatural Live
    >
    > Any others?

    I read that any DVD or CD can be hugely improved by sticking a stick-on disc
    to the label surface, spraying it with something, or painting a green line
    round the edge...
    Mark W, Sep 30, 2003
  5. >"Sam" <> wrote:

    >I apologize in advance for asking what has probably been asked many times
    >before...
    >
    >What are the best DVDs for sound/picture quality - the kind of DVD that
    >shows off an HDTV/Home Theatre set-up? Is there a list or a website with a
    >top 100 list?

    I'm pretty sure that http://www.dvdverdict.com has a top 100s list
    with respect to DVD quality. Other lists as well.
    Maureen Goldman, Sep 30, 2003
  6. Sam

    Tarkus Guest

    On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 19:27:52 +0100, Mark W wrote:

    > I read that any DVD or CD can be hugely improved by sticking a stick-on
    > disc to the label surface, spraying it with something, or painting a
    > green line round the edge...

    I also read that Santa Claus will leave presents as long as you go to bed
    early on Christmas Eve.
    --
    "Here lies the body of Mary Lee,
    died at the age of a hundred and three.

    Now playing: "Ozzy Osbourne - Black Sabbath"
    Tarkus, Sep 30, 2003
  7. Sam

    Mark Spatny Guest

    Sam, says...
    > What are the best DVDs for sound/picture quality - the kind of DVD that
    > shows off an HDTV/Home Theatre set-up?

    Well, NO DVD is going to show off your HD setup as good as actual HD
    programming. You'll want to use the PBS-HD demo loop or HD-NET for that.
    But as far as DVDs go, I agree that Fifth Element is fantastic. And
    Saving Private Ryan for sound. The battle sequence in Pearl Harbor is
    pretty fantastic too, although the rest of the movie is unwatchable.
    Mark Spatny, Oct 4, 2003
  8. Sam

    n00b Guest

    Man, long live The Fifth Element. It was one of the first good DVDs made
    years ago and it still gets props today. And for some strange b-movie/cult
    type reason, I like the movie.
    n00b, Oct 4, 2003