    SJ Guest

    Looking for the best site to download and burn DVD's. Do you usually need a
    DVD recorder to do this? Looking for opinions. thanks
    SJ, May 24, 2004

  2. SJ

    Justin Guest

    SJ wrote on [Mon, 24 May 2004 00:07:04 -0400]:
    > Looking for the best site to download and burn DVD's. Do you usually need a
    > DVD recorder to do this? Looking for opinions. thanks

    Buy it, thief.
    Justin, May 24, 2004

  3. SJ

    Galley Guest

    On Mon, 24 May 2004 00:07:04 -0400, "SJ" <> spewed forth these
    words of wisdom:

    >Looking for the best site to download and burn DVD's. Do you usually need a
    >DVD recorder to do this? Looking for opinions. thanks

    You're kidding, right?

    Galley
    Galley, May 24, 2004
  4. SJ

    SJ Guest

    I'm looking to join a pay site, which charges you a flat or monthly rate to
    download movies which you can burn to cd-r or dvd. Does a site like this
    exist? Not looking to steal anything. Just asking the "pros"

    SJ, May 24, 2004
  5. SJ

    WMeynerd Guest

    On Mon, 24 May 2004 00:07:04 -0400, "SJ" <> wrote:

    >Looking for the best site to download and burn DVD's. Do you usually need a
    >DVD recorder to do this? Looking for opinions. thanks

    I find the best download site is Amazon.com
    You can find pretty good prices there and if you don't mind 'used' goods,
    the prices are better still, even with shipping. You just give them a credit card# and they will download
    these right to your mailbox before you know it. And no DVD recorder needed!
    Let us know how it goes.

    Claire D. Lune
    WMeynerd, May 24, 2004
  6. SJ

    SJ Guest

    Isn't technology marvelous?

    SJ, May 24, 2004
  7. SJ

    Guest Guest

    http://www.cinemanow.com
    Guest, May 24, 2004
  8. SJ

    Zodiac Guest

    You will be stealing.

    Zodiac, May 24, 2004
  9. SJ

    Pug Fugley Guest

    Heck no, you don't need a DVD burner to burn DVD's. A CD burner will work
    just fine. You just have to overburn, most media rated for 650 megs has no
    problem holding 4.7 gigs, they just don't advertise much. So you're on the
    right track by being smart!

    Pug Fugley, May 24, 2004
  10. SJ

    Justin Guest

    Pug Fugley wrote on [Mon, 24 May 2004 13:52:09 GMT]:
    > Heck no, you don't need a DVD burner to burn DVD's. A CD burner will work
    > just fine. You just have to overburn, most media rated for 650 megs has no
    > problem holding 4.7 gigs, they just don't advertise much. So you're on the
    > right track by being smart!

    But, do you need a computer?
    Justin, May 24, 2004
  11. SJ

    Richard C. Guest

    "SJ" <> wrote in message
    : Looking for the best site to download and burn DVD's. Do you usually
    need a
    : DVD recorder to do this? Looking for opinions. thanks
    :
    =====================
    Nah!
    You can make DVDs in the microwave.
    Just put the original and the blank DVD-R face to face and place in the
    microwave for 2 minutes.

    It really works!
    ==========================
    Richard C., May 24, 2004
  12. SJ

    WMeynerd Guest

    On Mon, 24 May 2004 13:52:09 GMT, "Pug Fugley" <> wrote:

    >Heck no, you don't need a DVD burner to burn DVD's. A CD burner will work
    >just fine. You just have to overburn, most media rated for 650 megs has no
    >problem holding 4.7 gigs, they just don't advertise much. So you're on the
    >right track by being smart!
    >

    >"SJ" <> wrote in message
    >> Looking for the best site to download and burn DVD's. Do you usually need

    >> DVD recorder to do this? Looking for opinions. thanks

    If he was smart, he'd BUY the discs!

    Claire D. Lune
    WMeynerd, May 25, 2004
  13. SJ

    WMeynerd Guest

    On Mon, 24 May 2004 07:33:06 -0700, "Richard C." <post-age @spamcop.net> wrote:

    >"SJ" <> wrote in message
    >: Looking for the best site to download and burn DVD's. Do you usually
    >need a
    >: DVD recorder to do this? Looking for opinions. thanks
    >:
    >=====================
    >Nah!
    >You can make DVDs in the microwave.
    >Just put the original and the blank DVD-R face to face and place in the
    >microwave for 2 minutes.
    >
    >It really works!
    >==========================

    I've found they do quite nicely in a Weber BBQ grill. Wrap in tin foil and they come out so fine!

    Claire D. Lune
    WMeynerd, May 25, 2004
  14. SJ

    Mike Kohary Guest

    SJ wrote:
    > I'm looking to join a pay site, which charges you a flat or monthly
    > rate to download movies which you can burn to cd-r or dvd. Does a
    > site like this exist? Not looking to steal anything. Just asking the
    > "pros"

    If you're looking for the movie equivalent of iTunes, there isn't one yet as
    far as I know.

    Mike
    Mike Kohary, May 26, 2004
  15. SJ

    Biz Guest

    "Mike Kohary" <> wrote in message

    > If you're looking for the movie equivalent of iTunes, there isn't one yet

    as
    > far as I know.
    >
    > Mike

    Not exactly iTunes, buts its pretty close..
    http://www.cinemanow.com/home.aspx
    Biz, May 26, 2004
  16. "SJ" <> wrote in message
    > Looking for the best site to download and burn DVD's. Do you usually need

    > DVD recorder to do this? Looking for opinions. thanks

    And which film studio do you work for? See loaded question-->don't answer
    unless you are nullbrained--->go to other newsgroup
    alt.filmstudios.copwatch.
    Tad Bitt§ï£, May 27, 2004
  17. SJ

    SJ Guest