  1. Craig Sutton

    Craig Sutton Guest

    Any recomendations? as to a DVD burner around $175 price range?
    Craig Sutton, Feb 28, 2005

  2. On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:38:53 +1300, "Craig Sutton" <>
    wrote:

    >Any recomendations? as to a DVD burner around $175 price range?

    I got a Richo for $80+ the other day..
    BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn, Feb 28, 2005

  3. Craig Sutton

    Krazy Bob Guest

    I got a LG GSAA 4160B works great.
    only $169, look at price spy and find out

    Krazy Bob, Feb 28, 2005
  4. Craig Sutton

    colinco Guest

    In article Craig Sutton says...
    > Any recomendations? as to a DVD burner around $175 price range?

    Roger's mates at CDFreaks and CDRlabs seem to like Benq 1620 (<$140) as
    much as NEC. Why pay more than that?
    colinco, Feb 28, 2005
  5. Craig Sutton

    SchoolTech Guest

    In article <cvulbi$nc1$> in nz.comp on Mon, 28 Feb 2005
    21:38:53 +1300, Craig Sutton <> says...
    > Any recomendations? as to a DVD burner around $175 price range?

    Being an Asus fan, I'd be tempted to go for one of their models. I have
    no actual experience with their DVD burners, just CDRWs which are well
    designed and manage the feat of being able to rewrite with the least
    problems.
    SchoolTech, Feb 28, 2005
  6. Craig Sutton

    Invisible Guest

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 23:26:14 +1300, SchoolTech <>
    wrote:

    >In article <cvulbi$nc1$> in nz.comp on Mon, 28 Feb 2005
    >21:38:53 +1300, Craig Sutton <> says...
    >> Any recomendations? as to a DVD burner around $175 price range?

    >Being an Asus fan, I'd be tempted to go for one of their models. I have
    >no actual experience with their DVD burners, just CDRWs which are well
    >designed and manage the feat of being able to rewrite with the least
    >problems.

    I've had an Asus for about 6 months, no problems.
    Invisible, Feb 28, 2005
  7. Craig Sutton

    Craig Sutton Guest

    <BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:38:53 +1300, "Craig Sutton"

    <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Any recomendations? as to a DVD burner around $175 price range?
    > >

    > I got a Richo for $80+ the other day..

    How does that relate to what was asked?
    Craig Sutton, Feb 28, 2005
  8. On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:50:20 +1300, colinco <> wrote:

    >In article Craig Sutton says...
    >> Any recomendations? as to a DVD burner around $175 price range?
    >>

    >Roger's mates at CDFreaks and CDRlabs seem to like Benq 1620 (<$140) as
    >much as NEC. Why pay more than that?

    Drive is not made by Beng its a badged one..
    BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn, Feb 28, 2005
  9. On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 23:26:14 +1300, SchoolTech
    <> wrote:

    >In article <cvulbi$nc1$> in nz.comp on Mon, 28 Feb 2005
    >21:38:53 +1300, Craig Sutton <> says...
    >> Any recomendations? as to a DVD burner around $175 price range?

    >Being an Asus fan, I'd be tempted to go for one of their models. I have
    >no actual experience with their DVD burners, just CDRWs which are well
    >designed and manage the feat of being able to rewrite with the least
    >problems.

    Get a drive that can accept Book-Type Setting..
    BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn, Feb 28, 2005
  10. On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 00:01:39 +1300, "Craig Sutton" <>
    wrote:

    ><BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:38:53 +1300, "Craig Sutton"

    ><>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Any recomendations? as to a DVD burner around $175 price range?
    >> >

    >> I got a Richo for $80+ the other day..
    >>

    >How does that relate to what was asked?

    A lot cheaper and supports Book-Type setting..

    And why are you being such a Dick Head..?

    Please explain your STUPID POST..
    BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn, Feb 28, 2005
  11. On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:38:53 +1300, "Craig Sutton" <>
    wrote:

    >Any recomendations? as to a DVD burner around $175 price range?

    Most and may be All here no F all about DVD Burners here, go to a real support
    group or Web site..

    Like these 3 Web sites

    http://www.dvdplusrw.org/

    http://www.dvdplusrw.org/

    http://www.cdrinfo.com/

    Also a Drive with Book-Type setting is a added advantage
    BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn, Feb 28, 2005
  12. Craig Sutton

    colinco Guest

    In article BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn says...
    > >Roger's mates at CDFreaks and CDRlabs seem to like Benq 1620 (<$140) as
    > >much as NEC. Why pay more than that?

    > Drive is not made by Beng its a badged one..

    Who do you think makes Benq drives?
    colinco, Feb 28, 2005
  13. Craig Sutton

    Invisible Guest

    On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 00:13:38 +1300, BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn wrote:

    >On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 00:01:39 +1300, "Craig Sutton" <>
    >wrote:
    >

    >><BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn> wrote in message
    >>> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:38:53 +1300, "Craig Sutton"

    >><>

    >>> I got a Richo for $80+ the other day..
    >>>

    >>How does that relate to what was asked?
    >>

    >A lot cheaper and supports Book-Type setting..
    >
    >And why are you being such a Dick Head..?
    >
    >Please explain your STUPID POST..

    You mean this one:

    "A friend brought one of these last week but it seems to have problems reading
    some CD's and DVD..

    Are these Problem drives, ? it has the V1.19 firmware.."
    Invisible, Feb 28, 2005
  14. Craig Sutton

    MarkH Guest

    MarkH, Feb 28, 2005
  15. Craig Sutton

    MarkH Guest

    > Most and may be All here no F all about DVD Burners here, go to a real
    > support group or Web site..

    What the hell would that sentence be in English?

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    See my pics at www.gigatech.co.nz (last updated 20-Jan-05)
    MarkH, Feb 28, 2005
  16. MarkH wrote:
    >>Most and may be All here no F all about DVD Burners here, go to a real
    >>support group or Web site..

    > What the hell would that sentence be in English?

    Im not certain, but pretty sure he meant this.
    "most, amd maybe all (people) here, know **** all about dvd burners, and
    should go to a support group or website dedicated to the education of
    such things"
    Dave - dave.net.nz, Feb 28, 2005
  17. In article <cvulbi$nc1$>,
    says...
    > Any recomendations? as to a DVD burner around $175 price range?

    Got the Pioneer 08 series for around 180-190 inc GST i.i.r.c. and have
    found it to be an excellent drive.

    Combined with AnyDVD I can put any [zone] hire DVD into it and it just
    plays without worrying about region settings and flashing the onboard
    software.

    Writing performance is excellent i.m.o. - haven't managed a single
    coaster yet, and it's pretty durn fast.

    -P.
    Peter Huebner, Feb 28, 2005
  18. Craig Sutton

    colinco Guest

    In article Dave - dave.net.nz says...
    > Im not certain, but pretty sure he meant this.
    > "most, amd maybe all (people) here, know **** all about dvd burners, and
    > should go to a support group or website dedicated to the education of
    > such things"

    Note that Roger may be including himself for once.
    colinco, Feb 28, 2005
  19. Craig Sutton

    MarkH Guest

    "Dave - dave.net.nz" <> wrote in news:38hgrcF5mig4pU1
    @individual.net:

    > MarkH wrote:
    >>>Most and may be All here no F all about DVD Burners here, go to a real
    >>>support group or Web site..

    >> What the hell would that sentence be in English?

    > Im not certain, but pretty sure he meant this.
    > "most, amd maybe all (people) here, know **** all about dvd burners, and
    > should go to a support group or website dedicated to the education of
    > such things"

    Yeah, a lot more readable with that first comma there. Isn't it funny how
    some people complain that young people don't learn the basics properly, but
    on this group it is the old codger that has poor spelling and an abysmal
    knowledge of punctuation?

    MarkH, Feb 28, 2005
  20. Craig Sutton

    Brendan Guest

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:38:53 +1300, Craig Sutton wrote:

    > Any recomendations? as to a DVD burner around $175 price range?

    The Benq dw1620. Fantastic dvd writer and dual layer too. Supports
    booktype/bitsetting setting (useful for making dvd's that will work in dvd
    movie players). The drive is also very good with scratched/errored disks.
    And it is fast and quiet.

    Benq regularly updates it's firmware for the drive, and there are hacked
    firmwares of the newest versions with region coding removed. I flashed one
    and it's fine.

    Ignore what woger says about them. He's been made a fool of one too many
    times on the subject of benq dvd writers. Every review has them as one of
    the best if not THE best.

    Ascent has them for about $140 inc postage. My one has behaved flawlessly,
    not a coaster yet. With both SKC dvd-r (warehouse), excel dvd+r and excel
    dvd+rw (protech dunedin). All 4x. the benq will do a full disk in less than
    15 minutes at 4x. Yet to try it on faster disks.

    --

    .... Brendan

    Things should be made as simple as possible, and not simpler.
    Albert Einstein

    Note: All my comments are copyright 1/03/2005 12:57:54 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Mar 1, 2005