    hashes.

    I think VisiPics heuristically compares photographs but does not look at
    the EXIF data. Is there a better free duplicate JPEG finder out there?
    Bill Davies, Dec 8, 2008

  2. Bill Davies

    Johnw Guest

    Bill Davies explained :
    > Is there better Windows freeware for finding duplicate digital photographs?
    > Currently I use VisiPics V1.30 but I was wondering if there's better
    > software for finding duplicate photographs of different file sizes and CRC
    > hashes.
    > I think VisiPics heuristically compares photographs but does not look at
    > the EXIF data. Is there a better free duplicate JPEG finder out there?

    No idea if it's the best.

    Duplicate Cleaner
    http://www.digitalvolcano.co.uk/
    Johnw, Dec 8, 2008

  3. Bill Davies

    hummingbird Guest

    On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 21:55:39 -0800 'Bill Davies'
    wrote this on alt.comp.freeware:

    >Is there better Windows freeware for finding duplicate digital photographs?
    >
    >Currently I use VisiPics V1.30 but I was wondering if there's better
    >software for finding duplicate photographs of different file sizes and CRC
    >hashes.
    >
    >I think VisiPics heuristically compares photographs but does not look at
    >the EXIF data. Is there a better free duplicate JPEG finder out there?

    I have a copy of Duplicate Detector v3.201 ("Dup Detector")
    and have used it for this. It has adjustable levels of heuristic
    analysis. Obviously trial/error is necessary using settings.

    Here's a link to v3.1 but I suggest you look for a later version:
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/File-Management/Dup-Detector.shtml

    It might also be available thru www.pricelesswarehome.org.

    --
    "All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed,
    hummingbird, Dec 8, 2008
  4. Bill Davies

    Bill Davies Guest

    On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 15:19:18 +0900, Johnw wrote:

    > Duplicate Cleaner
    > http://www.digitalvolcano.co.uk/

    Duplicate Cleaner works great but NOT for photographs (except exact CRC
    matches or filename or filesize matches).

    The only special file type Duplicate Cleaner handles is MP3 files because
    it looks at the ID3 tags.

    But Duplicate Cleaner does not look at JPEG EXIF tags so it's not a
    specialized duplicate photo finder like VisiPics is which uses heruristics,
    I think, to locate similar photo files.
    Bill Davies, Dec 8, 2008
  5. Bill Davies

    Bill Davies Guest

    Bill Davies, Dec 8, 2008
  6. Bill Davies

    Susan Bugher Guest

    Bill Davies wrote:

    > On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 06:13:52 -0600, Recluseman35 wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/File-Management/Dup-Detector.shtml

    > I'll try this Dup-Detector program.
    >
    > Since I'm looking for photographic files ONLY, and since they may not have
    > the same file size, file name, nor EXIF information, the heuristics are
    > important.

    I recommend Dup Detector too - I use and like it. Softpedia has an older
    version. Get the last Freeware version here:

    Program: Dup Detector (Pricelessware 2008)
    Company: Prismatic Software
    Author: William L. Hunt
    Windows 95; 98; NT; ME; 2000; XP; (Vista)
    Ware: (Freeware) LFW (v 3.201+ (2005-10-24))
    http://www.freeware-guide.com/rareware/DupDetector.html
    (731 KB) (MD5: 9B3283734909C0CA319E4C41D65161C2)
    (Re "v 3.201+": the author forgot to change the version number when he
    created the final version.)

    FYI more image duplicate detectors that have been mentioned in ACF are
    listed here:
    <http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_FILEUTILITIES.php#3.10DuplicateFileChecker:Images>

    Susan
    --
    Posted to alt.comp.freeware
    http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search?q= group:alt.comp.freeware
    Susan Bugher, Dec 8, 2008
  7. Bill Davies

    Johnw Guest

  8. Bill Davies

    Thip Guest

    "Bill Davies" <> wrote in message
    > Is there better Windows freeware for finding duplicate digital
    > photographs?
    >
    > Currently I use VisiPics V1.30 but I was wondering if there's better
    > software for finding duplicate photographs of different file sizes and CRC
    > hashes.
    >
    > I think VisiPics heuristically compares photographs but does not look at
    > the EXIF data. Is there a better free duplicate JPEG finder out there?

    I use DupPicFinder:

    http://www.jonbondy.com/HomePage/software.htm
    Thip, Dec 9, 2008
  9. Bill Davies

    allancass

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Duplicate Image Finder

    MindGems provides the best duplicate file finders.
    There are the free Fast Duplicate File Finder, Audio Dedupe and Visual Similarity Duplicate Image Finder.

    Please look for them on google as I can not post links.

    Cheers.
    allancass, May 23, 2010
  10. Bill Davies

    abcd.123

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    abcd.123, Jan 7, 2012
  11. Bill Davies

    ketlin2

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Try this!!

    Well, I will suggest that you try Duplicate Files Deleter. You can carefully decide which drives you want to be scanned for duplicate files and also specify file types. this makes the job easier. After the scan is complete, you are free to decide what you want to do with the duplicate files. Thank you :)

    DuplicateFilesDeleter.com
    ketlin2, Nov 2, 2012