    matters. Also, If I use Photoshop should I bother with a magazine about
    that too?
    Steve
    SH, Feb 27, 2004

  2. On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 19:45:12 GMT, SH wrote:

    > There are so many magazines out there. Can anyone recommend one that they
    > think is good? Please tell me why also. BTW, I'm in the US if that
    > matters. Also, If I use Photoshop should I bother with a magazine about
    > that too?
    > Steve

    Two I really like are "Better Digital Photography" and "Digital
    Photographer"(there might be two with that name). One other one which I've
    only bought once but seemed decent was "Total Digital Photography".I
    subscribe to BDP. They aren't cheap because they are from the UK but should
    be available at any Barnes&Noble. They all come with CD's with every issue
    with demo photography programs, sample images or cameras they test and
    image to pratice photoshop on. I like reading the many photoshop/paint shop
    pro tutorials they have in every issue as well. You might be happy with any
    of them.

    Mike
    Michael Burns, Feb 27, 2004

  3. SH

    Mark Herring Guest

    I like "What Digital Camera"--from the UK.

    On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 19:45:12 GMT, "SH" <> wrote:

    >There are so many magazines out there. Can anyone recommend one that they
    >think is good? Please tell me why also. BTW, I'm in the US if that
    >matters. Also, If I use Photoshop should I bother with a magazine about
    >that too?
    >Steve

    **************************
    Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
    Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".
    Mark Herring, Feb 28, 2004
  4. SH

    zbzbzb Guest

    >There are so many magazines out there. Can anyone recommend one that they
    >think is good? Please tell me why also. BTW, I'm in the US if that
    >matters. Also, If I use Photoshop should I bother with a magazine about
    >that too?
    >Steve

    I think most of the better photo mags are all British. Most of our Americans
    are lousy.
    zbzbzb, Feb 28, 2004
  5. SH

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    zbzbzb wrote:

    >> There are so many magazines out there. Can anyone recommend one
    >> that they think is good? Please tell me why also. BTW, I'm in the
    >> US if that matters. Also, If I use Photoshop should I bother with a
    >> magazine about that too?
    >> Steve
    >>

    > I think most of the better photo mags are all British. Most of our
    > Americans are lousy.

    If I were an idiot like you, I would probably say it's proof that
    you hate your country...
    Paolo Pizzi, Feb 28, 2004
  6. SH

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "Paolo Pizzi" <> wrote in news:7y60c.4088
    $:

    >> I think most of the better photo mags are all British. Most of our
    >> Americans are lousy.

    > If I were an idiot like you, I would probably say it's proof that
    > you hate your country...

    Could be a statement of fact. There are alot of non-American products that
    are superior to American products such as Cars, Televisions, Cellular
    Phone, Electronics, Gadgets, etc.

    The fact that you don't accept the possiblity other products around the
    world could be than those made in American makes you the ignorant one.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()
    Lucas Tam, Feb 28, 2004
  7. SH

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Lucas Tam wrote:
    > "Paolo Pizzi" <> wrote in
    > news:7y60c.4088 $:
    >
    >>> I think most of the better photo mags are all British. Most of our
    >>> Americans are lousy.

    >> If I were an idiot like you, I would probably say it's proof that
    >> you hate your country...

    > Could be a statement of fact. There are alot of non-American products
    > that are superior to American products such as Cars, Televisions,
    > Cellular Phone, Electronics, Gadgets, etc.

    I agree with you, but you don't know zb. He is a right-wing extremist
    who doesn't even consider me a US citizen just because I happen
    to be born abroad and have a non-Anglo name. I was just teasing him.

    > The fact that you don't accept the possiblity other products around
    > the world could be than those made in American makes you the ignorant
    > one.

    Hmmm, I think you are sarcasm-challenged...
    Paolo Pizzi, Feb 28, 2004
  8. SH

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "Paolo Pizzi" <> wrote in news:Uh80c.4140
    $:

    > I agree with you, but you don't know zb. He is a right-wing extremist
    > who doesn't even consider me a US citizen just because I happen
    > to be born abroad and have a non-Anglo name. I was just teasing him.

    Ah... yet another wacko on rec.photo.digital <sigh>.

    BTW, I always though right-wingers in the USA are the "ultra-patriots"? Eh,
    anyways, this group seems to have too much politics lately.

    >> The fact that you don't accept the possiblity other products around
    >> the world could be than those made in American makes you the ignorant
    >> one.

    > Hmmm, I think you are sarcasm-challenged...

    At times, I think I need subtitles ; )

    --
    Lucas Tam ()
    Lucas Tam, Feb 28, 2004
  9. SH

    Bryan Olson Guest

    "SH" asked:
    > There are so many magazines out there. Can anyone recommend one that they
    > think is good?

    Depends on what you consider a magazine. I'd nominate
    "Photo.net", "DP Review", "Digital Photography For What It's
    Worth", "Steve's Digicams", "Luminous Landscape", "Digital
    Outback", and some other on-line sources that slip my mind right
    now.

    Print is great for showing and examining the work of
    photographers. There are excellent traditional magazines on
    traditional photography. For specifically *digital*
    photography, the net is a far more useful medium.

    --
    --Bryan
    Bryan Olson, Feb 29, 2004
  10. SH

    Lucrezia Guest

    In message <154isrovkk6iq$.15qiqc8rqjgit$>, Michael Burns
    <> writes
    >On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 19:45:12 GMT, SH wrote:
    >
    >> There are so many magazines out there. Can anyone recommend one that they
    >> think is good? Please tell me why also. BTW, I'm in the US if that
    >> matters. Also, If I use Photoshop should I bother with a magazine about
    >> that too?
    >> Steve

    >Two I really like are "Better Digital Photography" and "Digital
    >Photographer"(there might be two with that name). One other one which I've
    >only bought once but seemed decent was "Total Digital Photography".I
    >subscribe to BDP. They aren't cheap because they are from the UK but should
    >be available at any Barnes&Noble. They all come with CD's with every issue
    >with demo photography programs, sample images or cameras they test and
    >image to pratice photoshop on. I like reading the many photoshop/paint shop
    >pro tutorials they have in every issue as well. You might be happy with any
    >of them.

    As I've stated before in this forum, the UK-produced magazines have
    better production values (i.e. paper stock, layout, photo reproduction)
    and content than their US-based counterparts. My current favorites are
    Digital Camera and Total Digital Photography, both of which have
    accompanying web sites with a considerable amount of archived material
    for you to look at. Links to these and most other UK photo magazines
    can be found here:
    http://www.dont-blink.net/luplinks.htm

    Both of the above titles (as well as Digital Photo and, to a lesser
    extent, Digital Photographer) have Photoshop tutorials, so if your
    primary use of Photoshop is to edit/manipulate photos, I'd say you don't
    need a Photoshop *magazine*, but would recommend some books:

    Katrin Eismann, Photoshop restoration & retouching

    Scott Kelby, The Photoshop book for digital photographers

    Martin Evening, Adobe Photoshop for photographers

    -Lucrezia

    --
    http://www.dont-blink.net/lining_up.htm
    Lucrezia, Mar 2, 2004
  11. SH

    Guest

    On Saturday, February 28, 2004 3:45:14 AM UTC+8, SH wrote:
    > There are so many magazines out there. Can anyone recommend one that they
    > think is good? Please tell me why also. BTW, I'm in the US if that
    > matters. Also, If I use Photoshop should I bother with a magazine about
    > that too?
    > Steve

    Actually, people can create digital magazine by themselves.
    Kvisoft flip book maker pro allows people convert pdf or photos to flip page magazine. It also has professional functions as add text, video, backgrounds. Try it http://www.kvisoft.com/flipbook-maker-pro/
    , Dec 11, 2012