    I'm ready to invest.

    Thanks,
    Bill
    Bill Stout, Sep 22, 2007

  2. Re: best desk chairs for someone at a computer for 12-15 hours perday

    Bill Stout wrote:
    > Can anyone recommend good desk chairs that will help heal the
    > body? I've heard these can cost in the neighborhood of $600 but
    > I'm ready to invest.

    Bill, I'm thinkin' that all $600 chairs heal are the profit pictures of
    their manufacturers, distributors and retailers.

    Now, if you *really* want to give away your money...

    http://www.fastexercise.com/

    Yeah, right. :)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Sep 22, 2007

  3. Bill Stout

    Bill Stout Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Bill Stout wrote:
    >> Can anyone recommend good desk chairs that will help heal the
    >> body? I've heard these can cost in the neighborhood of $600 but
    >> I'm ready to invest.

    > Bill, I'm thinkin' that all $600 chairs heal are the profit pictures of
    > their manufacturers, distributors and retailers.
    >
    > Now, if you *really* want to give away your money...
    >
    > http://www.fastexercise.com/
    >
    > Yeah, right. :)

    I hear ya Blinky, but I think the guy who told me about this $600
    wasn't kidding. I just can't remember what brand he said they
    were, and don't remember who he was either. I met him online
    playing poker when this conversation came up, and he was someone I
    knew at one time as being reliable source.

    I wonder how many of those exercisers have been sold?

    Bill
    Bill Stout, Sep 23, 2007
  4. Re: best desk chairs for someone at a computer for 12-15 hours perday

    Bill Stout wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Bill Stout wrote:
    >>> Can anyone recommend good desk chairs that will help heal the
    >>> body? I've heard these can cost in the neighborhood of $600 but
    >>> I'm ready to invest.

    >> Bill, I'm thinkin' that all $600 chairs heal are the profit pictures of
    >> their manufacturers, distributors and retailers.
    >>
    >> Now, if you *really* want to give away your money...
    >>
    >> http://www.fastexercise.com/
    >>
    >> Yeah, right. :)

    > I hear ya Blinky, but I think the guy who told me about this $600

    I've bought *cars* for less than that; one of them lasted me for years,
    and hardly anything ever broke on it. Okay, the frame, but we fixed
    that with a splint of wood and carriage bolts. :)

    > wasn't kidding. I just can't remember what brand he said they
    > were, and don't remember who he was either. I met him online
    > playing poker when this conversation came up, and he was someone I
    > knew at one time as being reliable source.
    >
    > I wonder how many of those exercisers have been sold?

    That place is only a couple miles from me, so if nobody buys those
    excercisers for $14,000+ ... well, there goes at least part of the
    neighborhood. ;)

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 23, 2007
  5. Bill Stout

    thanatoid Guest

    Bill Stout <> wrote in

    > Can anyone recommend good desk chairs that will help heal
    > the body? I've heard these can cost in the neighborhood of
    > $600 but I'm ready to invest.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bill

    Every city has at least one shop which specializes in weird
    ergonomic chairs of all kinds. Knee chairs, massage chairs,
    semi-normal-but-special chairs, etc.

    Yellow Pages.

    Or just drive around and look for one or call some doctor's
    office.

    --
    "This is not nuclear. This is just a test."
    - illyria
    thanatoid, Sep 23, 2007
  6. Bill Stout

    VanguardLH Guest

    "Bill Stout" wrote ...
    > Can anyone recommend good desk chairs that will help heal the body?
    > I've heard these can cost in the neighborhood of $600 but I'm ready
    > to invest.

    I'm sure the AMA and hospitals would love to have you let them know
    when you find these "healing chairs". Doesn't it come with a palm
    that slaps you in the forehead, a speaker that yells "HEAL!", so you
    get knocked backwards?

    If you are sitting so long that your butt gets sore, learn to do butt
    clenches even if you have to alternate cheeks. Just don't do it when
    the mail guy shows up or he might not come around anymore and you'll
    have to pick up your mail. You're supposed to get off your ass every
    hour and walk around. Find some stairs.
    VanguardLH, Sep 23, 2007
  7. Bill Stout

    Sano Guest

    - Bill Stout <> - wrote in

    > Can anyone recommend good desk chairs that will help heal the
    > body? I've heard these can cost in the neighborhood of $600 but
    > I'm ready to invest.

    I like to have an Aeron. They're more in the US$1000 area.
    Sano, Sep 23, 2007
  8. Bill Stout

    Bill Stout Guest

    Sano wrote:
    > - Bill Stout <> - wrote in
    >
    >> Can anyone recommend good desk chairs that will help heal the
    >> body? I've heard these can cost in the neighborhood of $600 but
    >> I'm ready to invest.

    > I like to have an Aeron. They're more in the US$1000 area.

    I believe you've found it, thank you.

    Bill
    Bill Stout, Sep 23, 2007
  9. Bill Stout

    Sano Guest

    - Bill Stout <> - wrote in

    > Sano wrote:
    >> - Bill Stout <> - wrote in
    >>
    >>> Can anyone recommend good desk chairs that will help heal the
    >>> body? I've heard these can cost in the neighborhood of $600 but
    >>> I'm ready to invest.

    >> I like to have an Aeron. They're more in the US$1000 area.

    > I believe you've found it, thank you.

    http://www.hermanmiller4less.com/aeronchairs/aeron_lumbar.html

    http://www.rfmseating.com/index.asp custom chairs

    There are used ones around but they're going to be in large cities. New
    York, LA.
    Sano, Sep 23, 2007
  10. Bill Stout

    Sano Guest

    - Bill Stout <> - wrote in

    > Sano wrote:
    >> - Bill Stout <> - wrote in
    >>
    >>> Can anyone recommend good desk chairs that will help heal the
    >>> body? I've heard these can cost in the neighborhood of $600 but
    >>> I'm ready to invest.

    >> I like to have an Aeron. They're more in the US$1000 area.

    > I believe you've found it, thank you.

    SteelCase and Haworth also have similar upper scale offerings.

    AFA the Aeron I'd really prefer to sit in one before I buy.
    Sano, Sep 23, 2007