    Any good lead will be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Murgi

    Murgi, Jan 12, 2005

  2. Murgi

    Win Guest

    Try copying the whole CD to the HDD
    I'd think the CD was at fault not Nero???
    Win

    Win, Jan 13, 2005

  3. Murgi

    Toolman Tim Guest

    I think she wants to copy a CD. But I'm not sure, 'cause she says it was
    made 10 years ago. Maybe it's a commercial dictionary program? If so, it's
    probably copyrighted anyway. And you're right - maybe the original CD is
    damaged. Copying the entire CD to a folder on the HD would 1) test the CD,
    2) put everything on the HD to burn from, rather than having to read one CD,
    then write to the other. (Of course, most CD writing software includes the
    option to 'copy to disk' before burning anyway - usually a real good idea.)

    "Win" <> wrote in message
    | Try copying the whole CD to the HDD
    | I'd think the CD was at fault not Nero???
    | Win
    | "Murgi" <rp0000000013@127.0.0.1:7501> wrote in message
    | >
    | > Hi,
    | > I have a dictionary CD (made 10 years ago) which I want to copy (burn)
    | > with
    | > the newest version of Nero. Nero stops after 10% in the burning
    process...
    | > What is the best CD/DVD opying/burning software nowadays that might
    work?
    | > I found umpteen programs on the net that promise all the same... but I
    | > don't
    | > have the time to try all of them.
    | > Any good lead will be appreciated.
    | >
    | > Thanks,
    | > Murgi

    | > News==----
    | > http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000
    | > Newsgroups
    | > ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via
    Encryption

    Toolman Tim, Jan 13, 2005
  4. Murgi

    Murgi Guest

    >I think she wants to copy a CD. But I'm not sure, 'cause she says it was

    >made 10 years ago. Maybe it's a commercial dictionary program? If so, it's

    probably copyrighted anyway. And you're right - maybe the original CD is
    damaged.

    Yes, it's a CD (700MB filled up) and I bought the CD around 1993. Since I
    work in two locations, I want to make images of all my original software
    programs to have them accessible anytime I need them. This CD is OK since
    I have just installed it again on my machine.

    When copying, I get an error after a couple of files have been copied to
    the hard drive. It says:
    Cannot copy UROQFFOD
    Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

    Any ideas how to "fix" that?

    Thanks,
    Murgi

    Murgi, Jan 13, 2005
  5. Murgi

    Toolman Tim Guest

    <mixed posting fixed>

    | >process...
    | >work?

    <snip>

    | >I think she wants to copy a CD.

    | Yes, it's a CD (700MB filled up) and I bought the CD around 1993. Since I
    | work in two locations, I want to make images of all my original software
    | programs to have them accessible anytime I need them. This CD is OK since
    | I have just installed it again on my machine.
    |
    | When copying, I get an error after a couple of files have been copied to
    | the hard drive. It says:
    | Cannot copy UROQFFOD
    | Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
    |
    | Any ideas how to "fix" that?

    Hmmmm....not right off hand. Truth is, just 'installing' the program isn't
    always going to tell you if there are problems or not. Have you tried to do
    this in a different computer? Some drives work better than others - and
    drives sometimes need to be cleaned.

    Just so I know how you are trying to copy this CD, please outline the steps
    you are taking to copy it to the HD:

    Toolman Tim, Jan 13, 2005
  6. Murgi

    piper Guest

    On 12 Jan 2005 21:52:09 -0600, "Murgi" <rp0000000013@127.0.0.1:7501>
    wrote:

    >>I think she wants to copy a CD. But I'm not sure, 'cause she says it was

    >>made 10 years ago. Maybe it's a commercial dictionary program? If so, it's

    >probably copyrighted anyway. And you're right - maybe the original CD is
    >damaged.
    >

    >Yes, it's a CD (700MB filled up) and I bought the CD around 1993. Since I
    >work in two locations, I want to make images of all my original software
    >programs to have them accessible anytime I need them. This CD is OK since
    >I have just installed it again on my machine.
    >
    >When copying, I get an error after a couple of files have been copied to
    >the hard drive. It says:
    >Cannot copy UROQFFOD
    >Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
    >
    >Any ideas how to "fix" that?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Murgi

    It sounds like the CD has some kind of copy protection. Try Alcohol
    120 http://trial.alcohol-soft.com/en/ and see if that works. Also you
    can use clonyXXL at
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/CD-DVD-Images-Utils/ClonyXXL.shtml
    to see what type of copy protection it may have. Alcohol will need to
    know this to remove it for backup.

    piper, Jan 13, 2005
  7. On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:11:22 -0600, piper <?????@????.net> wrote:

    >It sounds like the CD has some kind of copy protection. Try Alcohol
    >120 http://trial.alcohol-soft.com/en/ and see if that works. Also you
    >can use clonyXXL at
    >http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/CD-DVD-Images-Utils/ClonyXXL.shtml
    >to see what type of copy protection it may have. Alcohol will need to
    >know this to remove it for backup.

    With a Mac you can make a disc image that is essentially a bit by bit
    image of the disk. I've done it on a copy protected disk before. If
    you have access to a Mac, try making an image and burning the image.

    Swill

    --
    If electricity comes from electrons,
    does morality come from morons?